TV Shows

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Re: TV Shows

Post by shmenguin »

Digitalgypsy66 wrote:
shmenguin wrote:Go f*** yourself amazing race. What a disgraceful finale in every way. Again.
Yes, absolutely! Just finished watching it...
Spoiler:
And although I don't dislike the winners, they should have been eliminated last leg. Two non-elimination legs in a row, this late in the race? Come on. What a cop out.
The finale's are now crappy versions of fear factor now apparently. There was one task that required any ability in the last 2 finales combined.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

The amazing race finale had zilch in the creativity department. They may be the worst winners in the history of the show. Clumsy, dumpy weirdos.
dodint
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dodint »

eddysnake wrote:finale of newzzzzzzzzroom
Spoiler:
what happened with these last 2 episodes? I hated how this ended. Why do a flashback episode for the series finale when we already know how they all started? We didn't need any of that information at all, it was such a waste. It's one thing to have a grand send off after a long run of a big series, but IMO this had 1 good season, a mediocre season, and 4 good/ 2 bad episodes this season, I hate how they highlighted everyone at the end almost like they were overly important superheroes. What a rushed chop job to end this.
I was going to write about the end of The Newsroom, but you nailed it to a T. The little summary interview with Sorkin explains your third sentence exactly, and it even sounds stupid coming from him. "I wanted to reshoot the pilot with everything you couldn't see."

Hurr durr.

Should've ended with the 2nd to last episode. That got me in the feels for a moment.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

canaan wrote:The amazing race finale had zilch in the creativity department. They may be the worst winners in the history of the show. Clumsy, dumpy weirdos.
Don't know if they were worse than the goat farmers. Probably, but it's close.
dodint
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dodint »

Finally got around to trying season 2 of Black Mirror. S2E1, the one with the husband, is absolutely heartbreaking. Great series.
Hockeynut!
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Hockeynut! »

dodint wrote:Finally got around to trying season 2 of Black Mirror. S2E1, the one with the husband, is absolutely heartbreaking. Great series.
I loved that episode. Best of the series, imho.
Hockeynut!
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Hockeynut! »

Has anyone here watched Missing on Starz? I just finished up the season via on demand. Pretty solid show.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

Hockeynut! wrote:
dodint wrote:Finally got around to trying season 2 of Black Mirror. S2E1, the one with the husband, is absolutely heartbreaking. Great series.
If the deep question for this episode was "would you do it?" then I give a resounding 'no'.
dodint
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dodint »

PensFanInDC wrote:
Hockeynut! wrote:
If the deep question for this episode was "would you do it?" then I give a resounding 'no'.
Spoiler:
I'm not sure I would go to the same extent that she did, but it'd be mighty hard when in your deepest grief to not grab the life preserver when thrown to you. If my wife died suddenly and someone promised a synthetic way to interact with her I'd probably go for it as a coping mechanism. Just not sure when I could manage to turn it off and that's probably why the show is so powerful.
also
Spoiler:
Obviously the secondary takeway is that we love others for their flaws and couldn't accept a perfect version of what we think they should be if we were presented for it. I wouldn't love my wife the way I do now if not for the character flaws each of us have and couldn't live with her if she was perfect. So much is gleaned from conflict it's quite necessary in a healthy relationship.
shoeshine boy
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by shoeshine boy »

slightly disappointed in season finale of Homeland
Spoiler:
would've preferred last week's ending with Dar Adal in Haqqani's car
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

shoeshine boy wrote:slightly disappointed in season finale of Homeland
Spoiler:
would've preferred last week's ending with Dar Adal in Haqqani's car
Agreed. This was a season premier episode, not a season finale.
pens9192
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by pens9192 »

Friday was Craig Ferguson's last night. I forgot all about it until like midnight and I had to set my DVR to record. I guess it got kind of lost in the Colbert Report final show. I used to watch his show nearly every night until about two years ago. Very funny show that was the best late night show, IMO. He will be missed. The rumor is he will be back in 2016 with a new talk show type format and he's bringing along the guy who did Geoff.

I don't think I will watch his replacement.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

I'm sad Letterman is going to be gone this year. I used to watch him religiously every night. But haven't lately because of the kids (I try now to get sleep whenever I can).
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MRandall25 »

RE: Black Mirror

Really enjoyed the premise for S2 E2. Would be an interesting concept IRL, but I feel like some would take it too far.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

MRandall25 wrote:RE: Black Mirror

Really enjoyed the premise for S2 E2. Would be an interesting concept IRL, but I feel like some would take it too far.
I think it's a tad past cruel and unusual punishment but it is interesting none the less.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

And speaking of Black Mirror, s3e1 aired last week.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

PensFanInDC wrote:And speaking of Black Mirror, s3e1 aired last week.
Wow...might be the best episode so far. Lots of hypothetical and rhetorical discussion can come of this episode.
Digitalgypsy66
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Digitalgypsy66 »

I believe there is a Christmas Day Black Mirror special on Direct TV. I'm not sure if it's new for just U.S. audiences or not though.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

It's called White Christmas and it's the episode I watched.
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Froggy »

Bojack Horseman Christmas special... quality
largegarlic
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by largegarlic »

Froggy wrote:Bojack Horseman Christmas special... quality
Yeah, just watched it tonight. Todd's commentary during the Horsin' Around Christmas Special was fantastic.
Gabe
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Gabe »

canaan wrote:The amazing race finale had zilch in the creativity department. They may be the worst winners in the history of the show. Clumsy, dumpy weirdos.
Just watched it last night. The wrestlers had every right to be mad. They were in the final 3 and got jipped. It was like the producers called an audible when they realized what the top three teams were going to be. weak. I'm interested to see what the next season brings with the 5 teams who are strangers.
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

Finished up season 2 of the Peaky Blinders. Wow...
Spoiler:
I thought for sure Tommy was done for. It's one of those things that you know he's likely not going to die, but how is he going to get out of this one? I'm glad Campbell is finally dead (I think... I'd imagine Polly put in a kill shot).
Jim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Jim »

count2infinity wrote:Finished up season 2 of the Peaky Blinders. Wow...
Spoiler:
I thought for sure Tommy was done for. It's one of those things that you know he's likely not going to die, but how is he going to get out of this one? I'm glad Campbell is finally dead (I think... I'd imagine Polly put in a kill shot).
I am having trouble getting through episode 1 of the first season. It just seems... uninteresting (to me). Is the series more of the same or does it speed up a bit?
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

That's a bummer you feel that way. peaky is great.