TV Shows

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
Chefpatrick871
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
Location: Not saying I'm at your mom's house, not saying I'm not.

Re: TV Shows

Post by Chefpatrick871 »

I think the first season is on netflix usa. It's funny, until recently I paid 0 attention to the cw.
tfrizz
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by tfrizz »

Chefpatrick871 wrote:I think the first season is on netflix usa. It's funny, until recently I paid 0 attention to the cw.
CW has had some good shows over the year, but they've all overstayed their welcome. Smallville started off strong then went downhill; Supernatural was fantastic in the first 5 seasons and has been pretty meh (IMO) since. I just hope they don't do that with Arrow and The Flash.
Chefpatrick871
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
Location: Not saying I'm at your mom's house, not saying I'm not.

Post by Chefpatrick871 »

I probably need to watch Supernatural
tfrizz
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by tfrizz »

Chefpatrick871 wrote:I probably need to watch Supernatural
You should, it's a good show. The first 5 seasons were all that was originally planned by the created Eric Kripke. Early into the fifth season, CW decided they wanted to bring it back so the writers had to rewrite the ending. Kripke left after the original story arc, and you could tell they didn't really have anything in mind for where the show was going at that point. Seasons 6 & 7 were pretty brutal. I only watched up to the first few episodes of season 8 but couldn't get back into it. I'm told it has gotten better again, though.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MRandall25 »

I just finished the 9th season of that. I still enjoy it, but the storylines between the characters are starting to get a bit predictable
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MRandall25 »

I will say that the 10th season should be interesting to see what happens after the conclusion of the 9th.
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by eddysnake »

How is Marco Polo?
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

I watched episode 1 last night. Definitely don't watch with the kids around. A lot of impaled folk early.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

Chefpatrick871 wrote:I probably need to watch Supernatural
100 and supernatural are 2 shows on my radar. Use Hola on chrome to access Canadian Netflix for new 100 episodes.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

canaan wrote:I watched episode 1 last night. Definitely don't watch with the kids around. A lot of impaled folk early.
I really liked it. Didn't think I would. I'm very glad I was born in the late 20th century.
scb147
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by scb147 »

Hockeynut! wrote:Did anyone watch Gracepoint and also watch Broadchurch? Just curious if the killer's the same in both series. I finished Gracepoint last night and would like to watch Broadchurch unless the storylines are identical.
Spoiler:
It is not. They sure make you think the killer is the same through most of the final episode. Both series are almost identical, however, Broadchurch does not have the Tom has disappeared story line as well as a couple other minor things.
tfrizz
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by tfrizz »

tfrizz wrote:
Chefpatrick871 wrote:Good to know. That article about the sudden halt had me a little worried.
It was a misleading article. The never actually halted production of the show. The original order for the season was 13 episodes with an option to order 9 more. They were only 2 or 3 episodes into the season when that order had to be placed, so NBC didn't do it and they're running with the 13 that were produced. It's usually an indication that a show will be cancelled when the extra episodes don't get ordered, but this seems to just be a case of timing.
Still no official announcement of a second season, but ratings were up again this week (+25%) and Angelica Celaya (Zed) recently stated that the show-runners are planning on moving the 9 episodes that didn't get ordered into the second season. Sounds like things are looking up for Constantine.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

1st two episodes of Marco Polo were really good. If you even just kinda like period Chinese movies I would recommend it.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

I got through Epi5 of Marco Polo. The show falls into the bad area of "the last 5 minutes are the real action of the episode" at times, but it has been great besides that. The production value is off the charts. They arent bashful in their violence and it works. its not overwrought, but powerful when it needs to be.
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by eddysnake »

finale of newzzzzzzzzroom
Spoiler:
what happened with these last 2 episodes? I hated how this ended. Why do a flashback episode for the series finale when we already know how they all started? We didn't need any of that information at all, it was such a waste. It's one thing to have a grand send off after a long run of a big series, but IMO this had 1 good season, a mediocre season, and 4 good/ 2 bad episodes this season, I hate how they highlighted everyone at the end almost like they were overly important superheroes. What a rushed chop job to end this.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

PensFanInDC wrote:If you even just kinda like period Chinese movies
What kind of pervert do you take me for?
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

:lol:

Sadly that is probably a fetish...
blackjack68
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by blackjack68 »

I just threw up.

Thanks.
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sam's Drunk Dog »

PensFanInDC wrote:1st two episodes of Marco Polo were really good. If you even just kinda like period Chinese movies I would recommend it.
Is Woody Allen involved?
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

Saw a promo for the 2nd season of Broadchurch on BBC America the other night - premieres in February.

Also - we watched the pilot (2 hrs) of TNT's The Librarians. Has potential. It seems to be bourn out of the Leverage production team, with Dean Devlin as the EP and Christian Kane following along as well. Noah Wylie appears in the pilot as a guest star, and Jane Curtain and Bob Newhart are also guest appearances. On some level, it's like a different take on Warehouse13, but I shouldn't say that as I've only watched the two hour pilot to that show a few weeks ago on Netflix. The Librarians seems very family friendly, and has an 8pm Sunday timeslot.
viva la ben
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by viva la ben »

Tonight is part one of the three night premiere of Ascension on SyFy. It looks promising.
Ascension is inspired by the real-life Project Orion that existed under the administration of President John F. Kennedy. The show sets up an alternate version of reality in which, in 1963, President Kennedy and the U.S. government, fearing the Cold War will become hot and lead to the destruction of the Earth, decided to launch a covert space mission. They sent 350 voluntary men, women and children into space on a century-long voyage aboard the USS Ascension, a massive, self-sustaining generation ship. Their mission is to colonize Proxima Centauri, assuring the survival of the human race.
blackjack68
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by blackjack68 »

relantel wrote:Saw a promo for the 2nd season of Broadchurch on BBC America the other night - premieres in February.

Also - we watched the pilot (2 hrs) of TNT's The Librarians. Has potential. It seems to be bourn out of the Leverage production team, with Dean Devlin as the EP and Christian Kane following along as well. Noah Wylie appears in the pilot as a guest star, and Jane Curtain and Bob Newhart are also guest appearances. On some level, it's like a different take on Warehouse13, but I shouldn't say that as I've only watched the two hour pilot to that show a few weeks ago on Netflix. The Librarians seems very family friendly, and has an 8pm Sunday timeslot.
Watched the pilot and recorded the second episode.

Feel like it was a tease to bait and switch Wylie, Curtain and Newhart.

So now we're left with Rebecca Romijn, John Larroquette and some nobodies.

We watch it with the kids and they seemed to enjoy it.

We'll give it a few more episodes.
Gaucho
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Gaucho »

Homeland
Spoiler:
Brilliant.
Digitalgypsy66
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Digitalgypsy66 »

Gaucho wrote:Homeland
Spoiler:
Brilliant.
Spoiler:
Hell yes it was.
Hockeynut!
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Hockeynut! »

Anyone else watching The Affair on Showtime? It's an interesting show. I'm invested in the story but I pretty much loathe the main characters.