GIVE ME YOUR BEER SUGGESTIONS!!

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: GIVE ME YOUR BEER SUGGESTIONS!!

Post by JS© »

shmenguin wrote:$18 is pretty steep for a 21 ouncer, or whatever ST is. at 25oz, it would be a little more reasonable.
Place back home is selling them for $30 a pop.

Cmon man...funk dat!
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MRandall25 »

Day 9 was Blizzard of Hops. Surprisingly better than most IPAs. Was actually smooth and less hoppy than I expected.

Day 10 was DFH 60 minute. Fairy standard.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

Wife surprised me with a bomber of Oak Aged Yeti Imperial Stout yesterday evening. Looking forward to cracking that open on Friday.
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by eddysnake »

shafnutz05 wrote:Wife surprised me with a bomber of Oak Aged Yeti Imperial Stout yesterday evening. Looking forward to cracking that open on Friday.
I almost picked one of those up. It was between that, the espresso oak aged and the regular oatmeal stout. I probably stood there for 10 minutes looking at all 3 and ultimately walked out empty handed...

Buddy from AZ brought me an Epic Big Bad Baptist (#41) and BCBS (he grabbed 80 on black friday). I got a BBB in Columbus earlier in the year and it was amazing. Looking forward to this weekend.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

Ommegang Adoration is not something I want to put in my body ever again
letsgoalpens
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by letsgoalpens »

Some beers I have had recently:
Half Acre Big Hugs 2011 (almost no coffee, which is perfectly fine with me since it just made it a great chocolatey imperial stout)
Stone Lukcy Basartd Ale (this was really, really tasty)
Starr Hill Shakedown Imperial Chocolate Cherry Stout (I didn't get any cherry or chocolate, just tasted like a middle of the road imperial stout)
Jailhouse Brewing Hard Time Barley Wine (very solid)
Bourbon County Brand Barley Wine (2013 & 2014, 2013 is drinking amazingly well right now)
Bourbon County Brand Stout 2014 (really hot)
Stone Enjoy By 12.26.14 (not the best in the series)
Cigar City Jai Alai White Oak Aged (probably my favorite IPA ever)
Founders Backwoods Bastard 2013
Founders Harvest Ale (probably the best smelling IPA I have ever had in addition to being a great beer)

Tonight (12/13/14) I am going to do a vertical of Terrapin Wake n Bake 12, 13, and 14 during the pens game. Was going to do the same with Backwoods Bastard but my buddy isn't coming over to watch the game and my wife would probably not like these beers.
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

Rumking was out at wegmans when I went to check today. They had a spot for it, but no bottles left. My wife was being impatient or I would have went and asked if they had more in the back. They were selling it for $14 a bomber.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MRandall25 »

Yesterday's beer was Kalamazoo Stout. Pretty tasty. Really enjoyed the smoky flavor. Today is Winter White, which is always good.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

Had my first BCBS this year. I'm happy that, despite the lower abv, it's still a total bourbon bomb. Really boozy in a good way. I have a crapload in my basement. I probably will only drink a few of them in the next year. They're gonna age beautifully. The barley wine I won't even try for a year.
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

MRandall25 wrote:Yesterday's beer was Kalamazoo Stout. Pretty tasty. Really enjoyed the smoky flavor. Today is Winter White, which is always good.
Get your hands on some expedition stout. Kalamazoo is tasty but the expedition is my favorite stout period.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MRandall25 »

It was at the distributor when I bought my case of Kalamazoo (that was the one I contributed), but it was like 60 bucks and we had a 30-40 limit.

I'll look into it.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

Open bar with 130 different beer choices tonight. Most of them Belgian.
letsgoalpens
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by letsgoalpens »

shmenguin wrote:Had my first BCBS this year. I'm happy that, despite the lower abv, it's still a total bourbon bomb. Really boozy in a good way. I have a crapload in my basement. I probably will only drink a few of them in the next year. They're gonna age beautifully. The barley wine I won't even try for a year.
I actually think the barleywine is better than the bcbs fresh. Both need age but the barleywine is better out of the box. No idea what will happen with more than a year on the barley wine but the 2013 is drinking really, really well right now. A buddy had some bcbs with 5 years on it and said it is pretty great then. The oldest bcbs i have is 2012 so i am still a few years away from finding out.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kraftster »

Avec bons Voeux de la Brasserie Dupont time of year again. Love it.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

letsgoalpens wrote:
shmenguin wrote:Had my first BCBS this year. I'm happy that, despite the lower abv, it's still a total bourbon bomb. Really boozy in a good way. I have a crapload in my basement. I probably will only drink a few of them in the next year. They're gonna age beautifully. The barley wine I won't even try for a year.
I actually think the barleywine is better than the bcbs fresh. Both need age but the barleywine is better out of the box. No idea what will happen with more than a year on the barley wine but the 2013 is drinking really, really well right now. A buddy had some bcbs with 5 years on it and said it is pretty great then. The oldest bcbs i have is 2012 so i am still a few years away from finding out.
I have one bottle of the coffee. I've emphatically been told to NOT let that age.

I'm curious about the barley wine, especially since I dropped one on my basement floor and when it shattered and spilled everywhere, it smelled glorious.

A friend of mine has 2 of the vanilla rye. Need to be around when he opens one.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kraftster »

Kraftster wrote:Avec bons Voeux de la Brasserie Dupont time of year again. Love it.
Loving this saison.

Also picked up a Free Will Napoleon Reserve. Saison aged in wine barrels with Brett, brewed with hibiscus. Excited to try.
letsgoalpens
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by letsgoalpens »

shmenguin wrote:
letsgoalpens wrote:
I have one bottle of the coffee. I've emphatically been told to NOT let that age.

I'm curious about the barley wine, especially since I dropped one on my basement floor and when it shattered and spilled everywhere, it smelled glorious.

A friend of mine has 2 of the vanilla rye. Need to be around when he opens one.
Never had the coffee but i guess it depends on how you like your coffee beers. I like my coffee forward beers with a little age on them so the coffee does not dominate but i am not sure exactly how coffee forward bcbcs is. I Loooooove barley wines but i had it fresh last year and it was amazing. A year on it has made it a top three beer for me ever. Still have 8 bottles left from last year and 4 from this year.

I would love to try that vanilla rye. Georgia only got bcbs and bcbbw so i doubt i will get a chance.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

slappybrown wrote:
MRandall25 wrote:Yesterday's beer was Kalamazoo Stout. Pretty tasty. Really enjoyed the smoky flavor. Today is Winter White, which is always good.
Get your hands on some expedition stout. Kalamazoo is tasty but the expedition is my favorite stout period.
Definitely
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by eddysnake »

Picked up a Lagunitas Hairy Eyeball Ale yesterday. I've never seen this one before. Sounds pretty nice. Anyone try?
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

dogfish raison d'extra is out. it's an amped up, 18.5% abv version of raison d'etre. the store next to my office has it. this pleases me.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

Woah.
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by eddysnake »

is this in bombers or 12oz?
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

So this place just opened up recently down the road from me (and a stone's throw from my wife's office)

https://www.facebook.com/thebeerstoremalvern" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am so there.
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by eddysnake »

shafnutz05 wrote:So this place just opened up recently down the road from me (and a stone's throw from my wife's office)

https://www.facebook.com/thebeerstoremalvern" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am so there.

looks heavenly! Only 4.5 hours from me, looks like it's worth a trip
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

eddysnake wrote:is this in bombers or 12oz?
12oz