** Ferguson Warz Game Thread **

Forum for NHR "Wars" Games
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: ** Ferguson Warz Game Thread **

Post by MRandall25 »

Including you, half of the people listed there could be red (not including Doc or MWB, who are also still alive/in play), if we're assuming 3 reds.
dodint
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dodint »

I was in sexual harassment training. Fun! (Not fun.)

Also, I voted already. Though if we're going to go with the Seer/Angel route then that leaves me to vote for Cbear or Doc, right?
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

MRandall25 wrote:And why would you need to wait for them to form an opinion?
Have you even voted in this game?
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MRandall25 »

I have, and it's the reason why some players voted for me in the first place.

Now apparently that I am (or should I say "was", now that the seer is out) trying to get back under the radar after being outed, I have to vote?
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

No, but you're chastising someone else for not voting.
CBear3
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by CBear3 »

MRandall25 wrote:And why would you need to wait for them to form an opinion?
First, it's brilliant because he's been 1 tick better than absolutely no use to the village. The vig is blind, and our seer is Haley Joel Osment.

Second, with as much confusion and disbelief as there is, getting into a claiming match wouldn't be a bad idea at this point.

Pardon my cynicism this week, but:
Say SDD is faking.
Say you (MR) are telling the truth; he's carried favor with you and bought himself more time. Conversely, to be proven wrong the real seer would have to make themselves a target by coming forward (now the reds know two green role players).

Say you're both faking. Its possible the vig would shoot at you next, you have to admit you're a target. SDD was going down in the day vote. Claiming does the reds no harm, the worst they are is down two men at the end of the night like they would have been anyways. Additionally, the only way to prove him wrong again is for a real green to come forward. Say we side with the wrong argument, the village day kills a green.

Hell, with as little as SDD has given us, if I'm red I'd try to counterclaim just for giggles. It'd set the village back another day when time is on the red's side.

So yeah, I'm going to wait a while to see what happens.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MRandall25 »

I mean, fine, if you want me to, I'll give my reasoning.

I think CBear is needlessly trying to cause confusion and stall the vote. Somehow he thinks it's bad that I was cleared by the seer, who you guys outed, and his actions have been all over the place this phase. Seems to me like he's trying to be overly helpful.

Arrest CBear
CBear3
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by CBear3 »

MRandall25 wrote:I have, and it's the reason why some players voted for me in the first place.

Now apparently that I am (or should I say "was", now that the seer is out) trying to get back under the radar after being outed, I have to vote?
You can't get back under the radar, Buckeye! You're standing out in the middle of the the freakin horseshoe for all to see.

reminds me of one of my favorite lines:

What's the difference between a pregnant lady and a light bulb? You can unscrew a light bulb!
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MRandall25 »

columbia wrote:No, but you're chastising someone else for not voting.
No, I was chastising him for somehow needing to wait for people to post before he decided whether or not he wanted to believe the seer.

Either way, the village is likely going to lose one or both of us in the next 2 night phases, especially if the vig doesn't believe our claims. I'd appreciate a little cooperation here. Waiting and questioning the seer (even if you don't believe his claim, for whatever reason) does nothing but hurt the village at this point, because it places a question mark over him to the point where the vig may end up killing one of us needlessly.
CBear3
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by CBear3 »

MRandall25 wrote:
columbia wrote:No, but you're chastising someone else for not voting.
No, I was chastising him for somehow needing to wait for people to post before he decided whether or not he wanted to believe the seer.

Either way, the village is likely going to lose one or both of us in the next 2 night phases, especially if the vig doesn't believe our claims. I'd appreciate a little cooperation here. Waiting and questioning the seer (even if you don't believe his claim, for whatever reason) does nothing but hurt the village at this point, because it places a question mark over him to the point where the vig may end up killing one of us needlessly.
And I'm not holding up the vote, I've had mine on Doc since before your butt got out of bed. But now I'm supposed to drop everything and vote on the seer's hunch (since he's been so accurate to date to only pick blues on his own).
*Don't take personal offense to that SDD, I've had some crappy games where I was worse than no help, but you aren't exactly on a hot streak this game*
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MRandall25 »

I said you're trying to stall. You're putting unneeded suspicion on the seer to the point where you're creating doubt as to whether or not he actually is the seer.

Do you really want the vig to kill the seer? Because this is exactly how the seer gets killed.
CBear3
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by CBear3 »

If somebody has a reason why one of my theories above wouldn't work out, please let me know (I'm looking at you MWB, you're usually the best at poking holes in my schemes). Until then I'll remain skeptical.
dodint
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dodint »

Can't you just protect the Seer? Isn't that your one job?
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MRandall25 »

Do I really need to answer that question for you?

Think a little.
CBear3
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by CBear3 »

MRandall25 wrote:I said you're trying to stall. You're putting unneeded suspicion on the seer to the point where you're creating doubt as to whether or not he actually is the seer.
Is SDD especially trust worthy? Is his word un-impeachable? Where's the WK comment from last game (or so) about it being Warz, you don't ever assume anybody is telling the truth.
MRandall25 wrote:Do you really want the vig to kill the seer? Because this is exactly how the seer gets killed.
No its how you should have been killed. Why would the vig take a shot at somebody who's 50/50 good AND defenseless? They take the shot at you and count on you to protect yourself. They missed that chance last night, and now it's Russian Roulette on whether you'll protect yourself or SDD. So their game is basically over.
Crankshaft
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Crankshaft »

MRandall25 wrote:Do I really need to answer that question for you?

Think a little.
Quite the deflection.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MRandall25 »

Crankshaft wrote:
MRandall25 wrote:Do I really need to answer that question for you?

Think a little.
Quite the deflection.
I don't think it is, because any answer I give gives the reds a head start on strategy.
Gaucho
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Gaucho »

I see MR is in "you have to believe me because I say so mode" again. I tend to believe SDD, but there is a chance that he is lying. Of course, if the vig had done what he was supposed to do ...
dodint
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dodint »

I understand that MR25 can't answer that question. I asked it only to illustrate why keeping him around so long was a long winded waste of time, he's neutered by his own coming out.

I don't think SDD/MR25 are in some really great hoax. It's just a shame that we spared MR25 and now the Seer is out in part because of that.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

CBear3 wrote:If somebody has a reason why one of my theories above wouldn't work out, please let me know (I'm looking at you MWB, you're usually the best at poking holes in my schemes). Until then I'll remain skeptical.
No, you're theory about the seer does make sense, especially since he is telling us an outted player and two dead players. anyone could have said what he has brought, and his claim that why would he lie about it and kill two reds (meaning him and mr) is silly.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MRandall25 »

Gaucho wrote:I see MR is in "you have to believe me because I say so mode" again. I tend to believe SDD, but there is a chance that he is lying. Of course, if the vig had done what he was supposed to do ...
Fine, you want to lose the seer and angel in consecutive night phases?

Be my guest.

You guys have completely FUBAR'd this.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

CBear3 wrote:If somebody has a reason why one of my theories above wouldn't work out, please let me know (I'm looking at you MWB, you're usually the best at poking holes in my schemes). Until then I'll remain skeptical.
The other theory, about both of them lying, seems far fetched. Again, the angel would have come out by now.
Crankshaft
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Crankshaft »

dodint wrote:I don't think SDD/MR25 are in some really great hoax. It's just a shame that we spared MR25 and now the Seer is out in part because of that.
Are you saying that even when MR25 is a green role player, he's a detriment to the village? :lol:
Gaucho
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Gaucho »

MRandall25 wrote:
Gaucho wrote:I see MR is in "you have to believe me because I say so mode" again. I tend to believe SDD, but there is a chance that he is lying. Of course, if the vig had done what he was supposed to do ...
Fine, you want to lose the seer and angel in consecutive night phases?

Be my guest.

You guys have completely FUBAR'd this.
You need to calm down, seriously.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

I completely agree with mr on this, but his reaction makes it easy to understand why people distrust his claim.