TV Shows

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Re: TV Shows

Post by eddysnake »

that's what I liked about arrow in the 1st season, I don't remember there ever being something so extreme and violent on tv in terms of body count. It was great. I don't like moral arrow as much.
Digitalgypsy66
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Digitalgypsy66 »

eddysnake wrote:that's what I liked about arrow in the 1st season, I don't remember there ever being something so extreme and violent on tv in terms of body count. It was great. I don't like moral arrow as much.
Spoiler:
I love how "moral" Arrow has a conflict with this later on, how his inability to kill certain bad guys has heavy implications for him.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

Digitalgypsy66 wrote:
Froggy wrote:I'm about half way through season 1 of Arrow. It's better than I thought it would be. It's a bit off putting how many people Oliver kills, though. It's just a lot of people. He must have killed 50 people so far. I get that he's killing bad guys, but it still seems excessive for a show based on a comic book airing on a network during prime time.
Keep watching. ;)
This is the correct answer.
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by eddysnake »

Digitalgypsy66 wrote:
eddysnake wrote:that's what I liked about arrow in the 1st season, I don't remember there ever being something so extreme and violent on tv in terms of body count. It was great. I don't like moral arrow as much.
Spoiler:
I love how "moral" Arrow has a conflict with this later on, how his inability to kill certain bad guys has heavy implications for him.
haha, yeah, it's really not a good show in terms that's it's going to ever win any awards. It's basically like a violent gossip girl, but I'll be damned if it isn't one of the most entertaining shows out there.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

I watched a few more season 1 eps again last night and the dialogue is downright terrible sometimes. But like you said, it's really entertaining.
Digitalgypsy66
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Digitalgypsy66 »

PensFanInDC wrote:I watched a few more season 1 eps again last night and the dialogue is downright terrible sometimes. But like you said, it's really entertaining.
I managed to get my wife to watch Arrow, so I rewatched a few season one episodes. She found a lot of it groan worthy, but the fight scenes are great and it's just a lot of fun to watch. She's also a fan of Stephen Amell and the Salmon Ladder scenes. :roll:
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by eddysnake »

Digitalgypsy66 wrote:
PensFanInDC wrote:I watched a few more season 1 eps again last night and the dialogue is downright terrible sometimes. But like you said, it's really entertaining.
I managed to get my wife to watch Arrow, so I rewatched a few season one episodes. She found a lot of it groan worthy, but the fight scenes are great and it's just a lot of fun to watch. She's also a fan of Stephen Amell and the Salmon Ladder scenes. :roll:
Funny, my wife likes those ladder scenes too. For our anniversary card, I photoshopped my head on his body doing the ladder.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

My wife isn't an "Oh Myyy" kinda woman when it comes to Hollywood stuff like that, but man does she love the ladder scenes. Good idea for the anniversary card. I may use that next year.
tfrizz
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by tfrizz »

eddysnake wrote:
Digitalgypsy66 wrote:
Spoiler:
haha, yeah, it's really not a good show in terms that's it's going to ever win any awards. It's basically like a violent gossip girl, but I'll be damned if it isn't one of the most entertaining shows out there.
The fight choreography has to be the best on TV. They went out and got a highly regarded Hollywood fight choreographer to do the pilot which set a standard to which they've tried their best to uphold.
tfrizz
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by tfrizz »

Tonight's mid-season finale of The Flash will be running a few minutes longer than usual. Apparently they had too much quality content and CW agreed to allow them to keep more of it.
Digitalgypsy66
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Digitalgypsy66 »

That's pretty cool of them to do that. Very HBO like.
Hockeynut!
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Hockeynut! »

Letang Is The Truth wrote:homeland. wow.
Spoiler:
was really surprised that the embassadors husband didnt kill himself. i wonder what his end game is. i am surprised the male pakistani military leader doesnt realize whats going on with the woman working for the ISI yet
I love this season. Really high quality viewing material.
Spoiler:
I'm pretty sure the military guy is going to be a hero before all is said and done. I feel like he's onto the woman but just waiting for the right moment to bring down the most people.
Chefpatrick871
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
Location: Not saying I'm at your mom's house, not saying I'm not.

Post by Chefpatrick871 »

I love that we've all hopped on the Arrow bandwagon at roughly the same time
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Froggy »

Chefpatrick871 wrote:I love that we've all hopped on the Arrow bandwagon at roughly the same time
I was bored one afternoon, and decided to check out The Flash. It took 2 or 3 episodes, but I eventually got into it. Now I'm going back and catching up on Arrow, since they share a universe and all.
largegarlic
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by largegarlic »

eddysnake wrote:
Digitalgypsy66 wrote:
Funny, my wife likes those ladder scenes too. For our anniversary card, I photoshopped my head on his body doing the ladder.
Pretty much my experience getting my wife to watch as well. At first, she's like,"Why would I watch a comic book show?". Then, she sees Stephen Amell shirtless and she's like,"Oh, is he shirtless and doing that ladder thing a lot? Let's not stop at 2 episodes tonight. We can watch 4 or 5."
tfrizz
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by tfrizz »

The Flash spoiler:
Spoiler:
No doubt now. Eddie Thawne is Reverse-Flash. Well, he'll eventually become Reverse-Flash. The current one is future Eddie travelled back in time. No other reason for him to not kill Eddie at Star Labs.

I suppose it could still be a descendent of Eddie's, which would fit the Professor Zoom canon a bit closer (Eobard Thawne). Either way, there's the connection.
tfrizz
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by tfrizz »

tfrizz wrote:The Flash spoiler:
Spoiler:
No doubt now. Eddie Thawne is Reverse-Flash. Well, he'll eventually become Reverse-Flash. The current one is future Eddie travelled back in time. No other reason for him to not kill Eddie at Star Labs.

I suppose it could still be a descendent of Eddie's, which would fit the Professor Zoom canon a bit closer (Eobard Thawne). Either way, there's the connection.
Spoiler:
OH SNAP! It IS Wells! WOAH WOAH WOAH! I mean, everyone suspected Wells but they did everything they could to lead you away. HOLY CURVE BALL BATMAN!
ajh2298
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by ajh2298 »

tfrizz wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
OH SNAP! It IS Wells! WOAH WOAH WOAH! I mean, everyone suspected Wells but they did everything they could to lead you away. HOLY CURVE BALL BATMAN!
Spoiler:
i am still not 100% sure Wells is bad. I think he is making sure Barry stays on a specific path. I think that why that newspaper article from the future is so important to him. If they are attempting to follow comic book lore at all the Flash does disappear from the future and ends up being a prisoner of the Anti-Monitor during the events of the Crisis on Infinite Earths storyline. In that story Barry sacrifices himself to save the multiverse from the Anti-Monitor.
One thing I don't like about the Flash is they seem to have made Iris am only child. I read into that as they will never introduce a Wally West (Kid Flash) character which in the comics was her nephew.
Chefpatrick871
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
Location: Not saying I'm at your mom's house, not saying I'm not.

Post by Chefpatrick871 »

If I rode a motorcycle, I would consider buying this.

http://thejacketmaker.com/Red-Arrow-Lea ... arch=arrow" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Froggy »

Another rule for the Arrow drinking game... take a sip every time there's product placement for Windows 8 or Lenovo
tfrizz
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by tfrizz »

ajh2298 wrote:
tfrizz wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
i am still not 100% sure Wells is bad. I think he is making sure Barry stays on a specific path. I think that why that newspaper article from the future is so important to him. If they are attempting to follow comic book lore at all the Flash does disappear from the future and ends up being a prisoner of the Anti-Monitor during the events of the Crisis on Infinite Earths storyline. In that story Barry sacrifices himself to save the multiverse from the Anti-Monitor.
One thing I don't like about the Flash is they seem to have made Iris am only child. I read into that as they will never introduce a Wally West (Kid Flash) character which in the comics was her nephew.
Spoiler:
In comic canon, Eobard Thawne (aka "Professor Zoom", the second Reverse-Flash) believes that he can't become Reverse-Flash is Barry doesn't become The Flash. Hence Wells checking the future newspaper to ensure that The Flash exists.
As for Wally,
Spoiler:
He's supposed to appear later in the show. Apparently their decision to case Iris (and Joe) as African-American is because Wally West is African-American in the New 52, and they wanted to make sure the familial connection was a little stronger. There probably won't be any development with Wally this season, but I think he's supposed to be introduced near the end of it.
Dickie Dunn
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Dickie Dunn »

Amazing episode of The Flash last night.
Spoiler:
- Still not convinced that Wells is Reverse-Flash, mainly due to the presence of Thawne. If Wells is Reverse-Flash, something is still up with Thawne.
- Awesome appearance by Firestorm. I really like how The Flash and Arrow build sidekicks and villains through the comics.
- I also really enjoy Caitlin and Cisco as the nerdy sidekicks.
- So, two Speedsters present when Barry's mother was murdered? Flash and Reverse-Flash from the future in the midst of a battle? Will be interesting to see how this detail plays out. I wonder if the mystery Barry's mother and The Man in Yellow will be solved this season, a la Arrow's overarching crisis/big bad/mystery for each season.
ajh2298
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by ajh2298 »

The Flash
Spoiler:
I wonder if Wells is the Hunter Zoloman version of the Reverse Flash aka Zoom

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zoom_%28comics%29" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Froggy »

Dickie Dunn wrote:Amazing episode of The Flash last night.
Spoiler:
- Still not convinced that Wells is Reverse-Flash, mainly due to the presence of Thawne. If Wells is Reverse-Flash, something is still up with Thawne.
- Awesome appearance by Firestorm. I really like how The Flash and Arrow build sidekicks and villains through the comics.
- So, two Speedsters present when Barry's mother was murdered? Flash and Reverse-Flash from the future in the midst of a battle? Will be interesting to see how this detail plays out. I wonder if the mystery Barry's mother and The Man in Yellow will be solved this season, a la Arrow's overarching crisis/big bad/mystery for each season.
Spoiler:
when wells put the tachyon dealy on the yellow suit, it made it glow red. Maybe that is what enables him to travel in time, and give off a secondary red glow in the future/past?
Dickie Dunn
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Dickie Dunn »

Froggy wrote:
Dickie Dunn wrote:Amazing episode of The Flash last night.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
when wells put the tachyon dealy on the yellow suit, it made it glow red. Maybe that is what enables him to travel in time, and give off a secondary red glow in the future/past?
Spoiler:
Good catch.