TV Shows

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Re: TV Shows

Post by shmenguin »

She's remarkable, but those 2 are the most boring people on television. Maybe on the planet. The dentists, I thought, were going to be villains but they're pretty cool. There haven't been any heels this season. That's a problem. You need someone to hate.
shoeshine boy
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by shoeshine boy »

shmenguin wrote:She's remarkable, but those 2 are the most boring people on television. Maybe on the planet. The dentists, I thought, were going to be villains but they're pretty cool. There haven't been any heels this season. That's a problem. You need someone to hate.
on TV nice = boring. having seen that movie I'm not really surprised that they're that nice.
but yeah, nobody's evil enough. the wrestlers, particularly the guy seem pretty stupid though. too many chairs to the "head" I guess.
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by nocera »

shmenguin wrote:She's remarkable, but those 2 are the most boring people on television. Maybe on the planet. The dentists, I thought, were going to be villains but they're pretty cool. There haven't been any heels this season. That's a problem. You need someone to hate.
Is it just me, or do they make a point of constantly showing off her stub? Probably just me...

As far as villains go, I really like that Robbie and Brooke are stepping up their heel game.
Digitalgypsy66
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Digitalgypsy66 »

I loathe the dentists, WAY too smug and pompous for my liking. My kids even hate the dentists.

I've enjoyed the season, but I agree, there needs to be more heel action. Enter the wrestlers.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

The smaller food scientist is impossibly annoying. And it just started a few weeks ago. My guess is that she didn't pack enough medication to last the whole race. Her partner is starting to get fed up with it. It's easy to see if you're looking for it.
blackjack68
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by blackjack68 »

Anyone watch the premiere of The Librarians last night?

I watched about 15 minutes and had it recording. In the time that I saw, I'm not sure if it's supposed to be a kids show or a drama or what.

Maybe a full viewing will help.
Digitalgypsy66
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Digitalgypsy66 »

Intense Homeland is intense. :shock:
Spoiler:
Quinn is a bada**
Stunned to see Newsroom only has one more episode! I thought it was a full run of 10 or 12 episodes. I do like the shorter, more compact seasons for some of these shows, like they do in the UK. Better writing without having to drag it out over an entire year.

Arrow/Flash crossover
Spoiler:
Did we not see how the guy with anger vision was captured? Or did I fall asleep?
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by eddysnake »

Not real sure what to make of last nights newsroom. Easily the worst of the season. It was a mess. Besides the segment with Sloan, I didn't really care much about it. I really don't like to see how it appears to be wrapping up after 4 really good episodes.
Digitalgypsy66
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Digitalgypsy66 »

eddysnake wrote:Not real sure what to make of last nights newsroom. Easily the worst of the season. It was a mess. Besides the segment with Sloan, I didn't really care much about it. I really don't like to see how it appears to be wrapping up after 4 really good episodes.
Spoiler:
Did you figure he was talking to his dad in the cell? Never saw that coming.
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by eddysnake »

Digitalgypsy66 wrote:
eddysnake wrote:Not real sure what to make of last nights newsroom. Easily the worst of the season. It was a mess. Besides the segment with Sloan, I didn't really care much about it. I really don't like to see how it appears to be wrapping up after 4 really good episodes.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Not until he walked out at the end. That was pretty good too. I kept thinking how creepy that guy was and I thought something bad was going to happen. I thought the episode had way too much going on and with that, it felt like the longest episode of the year. I really didn't want the previous episodes to end. I'd be OK with the plane crashing with Jim and Maggie on it.
Digitalgypsy66
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Digitalgypsy66 »

eddysnake wrote:
Digitalgypsy66 wrote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Not until he walked out at the end. That was pretty good too. I kept thinking how creepy that guy was and I thought something bad was going to happen. I thought the episode had way too much going on and with that, it felt like the longest episode of the year. I really didn't want the previous episodes to end. I'd be OK with the plane crashing with Jim and Maggie on it.
Spoiler:
Ha! I'd be down with that too...
Digitalgypsy66
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Digitalgypsy66 »

Hey, Mark Hamill is guest starring on an upcoming episode of The Flash: http://www.cnet.com/news/mark-hamill-wi ... the-flash/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I don't remember the Flash from the 1990s, but evidently he was on there as the Trickster. And Barry Allen's dad in the current series was Barry Allen on the 1990s series.
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by eddysnake »

flash from the 90s was great, seek out the dvds. it may even be streaming on netflix.
Dickie Dunn
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Dickie Dunn »

Digitalgypsy66 wrote:Hey, Mark Hamill is guest starring on an upcoming episode of The Flash: http://www.cnet.com/news/mark-hamill-wi ... the-flash/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I don't remember the Flash from the 1990s, but evidently he was on there as the Trickster. And Barry Allen's dad in the current series was Barry Allen on the 1990s series.
Amanda Pays, who was the female lead on the 90s series, will reprise her role of Dr. Tina McGee on this week's episode.
Pavel Bure
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pavel Bure »

eddysnake wrote:flash from the 90s was great, seek out the dvds. it may even be streaming on netflix.
All I remember from that is there was an episode where a missile was chasing him and he couldn't outrun it. Oh and he was pacing in a hospital waiting room and wore a hole in the carpet.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

My wife finally got hooked on Arrow. I fell asleep at the start of an episode on Saturday night and she watched 5 more after that. I will say that watching the show a second time you really feel for Oliver. How many times did he have to bite his tongue regarding...
Spoiler:
...Sarah
That must have eaten him up inside (if he were a real person and all...)
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MRandall25 »

Added Black Mirror to my Netflix list. Hopefully will get a chance to watch an episode tonight.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MRandall25 »

Ok, 5 minutes into the first episode and I'm laughing my ass off.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

So...would you do it?
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MRandall25 »

**** no.
knives of ice
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by knives of ice »

so glad they made a second season of The Comeback - one of the most underrated comedies ever on tv. cringe worthy awesomeness.
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Froggy »

I'm about half way through season 1 of Arrow. It's better than I thought it would be. It's a bit off putting how many people Oliver kills, though. It's just a lot of people. He must have killed 50 people so far. I get that he's killing bad guys, but it still seems excessive for a show based on a comic book airing on a network during prime time.

also, there should be a drinking game based on Arrow, where you chug your drink whenever Oliver says "when I was on the island..."or something to that effect. We get it. You were on an island. We ALL know you were on an island.
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Letang Is The Truth »

homeland. wow.
Spoiler:
was really surprised that the embassadors husband didnt kill himself. i wonder what his end game is. i am surprised the male pakistani military leader doesnt realize whats going on with the woman working for the ISI yet
Pavel Bure
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pavel Bure »

Finished The Wire. It was very good. What McNulty did in the last season was a bit of a stretch IMO for his character but it all worked. Fantastic series.
Digitalgypsy66
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Digitalgypsy66 »

Froggy wrote:I'm about half way through season 1 of Arrow. It's better than I thought it would be. It's a bit off putting how many people Oliver kills, though. It's just a lot of people. He must have killed 50 people so far. I get that he's killing bad guys, but it still seems excessive for a show based on a comic book airing on a network during prime time.
Keep watching. ;)