The Walking Dead

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
djlm
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Re: The Walking Dead

Post by djlm »

For those that have read or reads the comics, the part where the TV show is at now, would be around which episode of the comics?
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

djlm wrote:For those that have read or reads the comics, the part where the TV show is at now, would be around which episode of the comics?
Right about here:

Volume 12: Life Among Them (Issues 67 – 72)
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

Cliff Curtis signed on to lead the cast of the spin off show. This is excellent news, Curtis is a very good actor.
Hockeynut!
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Hockeynut! »

I've heard the spin off will be shooting in PA. Wonder if they'll go with the Pittsburgh area. I'd think Western PA could pass well for the zombie apocalypse, plus they're close the airport which is quite important for big productions.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

Hockeynut! wrote:I've heard the spin off will be shooting in PA. Wonder if they'll go with the Pittsburgh area. I'd think Western PA could pass well for the zombie apocalypse, plus they're close the airport which is quite important for big productions.
Considering Western PA is basically the birth place of the modern genre I would agree :D
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by nocera »

Hockeynut! wrote:I've heard the spin off will be shooting in PA. Wonder if they'll go with the Pittsburgh area. I'd think Western PA could pass well for the zombie apocalypse, plus they're close the airport which is quite important for big productions.
I think Land of the Dead ruined it for us.
Hockeynut!
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Hockeynut! »

nocera wrote:
Land was shot in Toronto though.
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by nocera »

Hockeynut! wrote:
nocera wrote:
Land was shot in Toronto though.
It was set in Pittsburgh, with Dennis Hopper's HQ being PPG, of course. I would love to see it set and shot in Pittsburgh. I wonder if AMC would worry about comparisons to Romeo's work, though.
Hockeynut!
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Hockeynut! »

nocera wrote:
Hockeynut! wrote:I wonder if AMC would worry about comparisons to Romeo's work, though.
Maybe. Pittsburgh has such a good film industry though. Philly doesn't come close to the available crew and filming perks. Although, NE PA could be a pretty good setting. Looking at it from a production standpoint, I think Western PA would be hard to top since you can be in the "middle of nowhere" less then 30 minutes after leaving the airport.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

Only way a spinoff works is different characters in a different area of the country and set back in time to be set around S1 of TWD. I don't have faith they'll be able to pull it off.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

relantel wrote:Only way a spinoff works is different characters in a different area of the country and set back in time to be set around S1 of TWD. I don't have faith they'll be able to pull it off.
Needs to be the initial outbreak or at least go Lost style and start a bit after the event but do flashbacks to see how they each got there.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

I'm personally extremely skeptical of the spinoff, as I'd prefer that they focus on tightening up the main show rather than splitting their creative ideas off to new characters we don't care about. I'll still give it a shot of course.
MalkinIsMyHomeboy
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by MalkinIsMyHomeboy »

please tell me this is a cruel joke: http://comicbook.com/2014/12/08/the-wal ... ins-steam/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

Doesn't matter. That petition could get 100,000 signatures and she would still stay dead
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

24,000 out of the millions who watch the show seems like the appropriate beth fanbase.
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

I work with someone who reads the comics and she seemed genuinely upset.
Yeahhhh...ok.
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by nocera »

Maybe Michonne could chop her jaw and arms off and let her hang with the group?
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

:lol:
dodint
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dodint »

I caved and finally started watching this, figured if my Dad loved it, it's worth a look. About to start Season 3 on Netflix.

I've learned a few thing so far, though:

-This show is predicated on a group of people never considering the possibility of what to do unless the course of action is right in front of them. You have to dismiss a lot to enjoy it.
-People that mix the comic book source material (future stuff) with show discussion are awful individuals, spoiler tag or not.

That's about it. I'll check back in when I'm caught up.
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

The comic spoilers help to figure out whether the tv show is on track with good storytelling. Based on the hospital plot, the train has fallen off the tracks (again).
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

columbia wrote:The comic spoilers help to figure out whether the tv show is on track with good storytelling. Based on the hospital plot, the train has fallen off the tracks (again).
about that...
Spoiler:
The comic gets boring for a long time until Negan shows up after they get away from the Hunters which the Terminus crew served to replace. There is nothing really eventful until issue 83, 16 issues or over a year of print, then it picks back up until recently. Season 7 should be fun though, getting there will be hard to watch at times.
Spangler
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Spangler »

I'd hate to see what happens if they kill off an actual good character on the show.

Wait. They've already done that with other characters, and I didn't hear much whining.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

In rank of impactful deaths of the cast I'd say:

1) Herschel
2) Dale
3) Shane
4) Merle
5) axel
6) Bob
7) Milton
8) Andrea
9) t-Dog
10) Jim
11) jacque
12) Amy
13) Jimmy
14) sophia
15) Beth

And #15 is beth because I got tired of thinking up more names. I guess I'd rank Gargulio above her now that I remembered him. Better stop before she drops to 30.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

New series will take place in LA.
Hockeynut!
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Hockeynut! »

Sounds about right. In the middle of a zombie apocalypse, I'd want to try to survive in one of the most populated cities (with the most walkers) in the US.