TV Shows

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Re: TV Shows

Post by PensFanInDC »

So episode 1 of season 2 of Black Mirror is very creepy...
Gaucho
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Gaucho »

I take it Black Mirror is recommended watching?
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

Yes and no. It's not for everyone but I certainly like it. It's a very dark Twilight Zone with a lot of social commentary.
Gaucho
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Gaucho »

I'll definitely check it out, thanks.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

If you have a dislike for facebook, twitter, american idol, pop up ads, and the over commercialization of the world then episode 2 of season 1 is right up your alley.
dodint
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dodint »

S1E3 was acted/written so well it murdered my mood, they nailed it, but what they nailed is so painful if you've ever gone through it. Good lord.

S1E2 is great though, for the reasons PFiDC mentioned. I'm bummed this is so short. Thanks again to the person that recommended it in the first place.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

That would be eddysnake.

I agree with S1E3. It was very intense and it seemed so real.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

Robert Downey Jr is supposed to make the "The Entire History of You" episode of Black Mirror into a movie.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

canaan wrote:Robert Downey Jr is supposed to make the "The Entire History of You" episode of Black Mirror into a movie.
That would be the episode we are talking about. Very interesting.
dodint
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dodint »

Yeah, I'm out already. He'll probably cock it up but I'm not taking my chances.
Chefpatrick871
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
Location: Not saying I'm at your mom's house, not saying I'm not.

Post by Chefpatrick871 »

Anyone watch Alphas?
tfrizz
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by tfrizz »

dodint wrote:Yeah, I'm out already. He'll probably cock it up but I'm not taking my chances.
I definitely read that in the voice of

shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

Survivor and amazing race are giant bowls of suck this season.
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by eddysnake »

watched a bit of the peter pan live show last night before kids went to bed, it was terrible. Very tough getting through 30 minutes of it.
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by nocera »

I forgot about Peter Pan! After the train wreck that was Sound of Music Live, I wanted to watch Peter Pan just for the sheer terribleness. Hopefully it's streaming on their site.

*edit*
So, I'm only 20 minutes in, but I have to say that I'm pretty disappointed with how decent this is. The camerawork is especially impressive. Having a woman play Pan has always been super weird to me. I understand the history behind it and subsequent tradition, but it doesn't make it any less weird.
Pavel Bure
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pavel Bure »

Finally watching The League finally.

Illegal scrolling is gold. Love it.
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by eddysnake »

nocera wrote:I forgot about Peter Pan! After the train wreck that was Sound of Music Live, I wanted to watch Peter Pan just for the sheer terribleness. Hopefully it's streaming on their site.

*edit*
So, I'm only 20 minutes in, but I have to say that I'm pretty disappointed with how decent this is. The camerawork is especially impressive. Having a woman play Pan has always been super weird to me. I understand the history behind it and subsequent tradition, but it doesn't make it any less weird.
very weird. The whole cable making them fly thing just doesn't work for me anymore. Sure it was cool 50 years ago when they did it, but that was then. The pirates around Walken were also really bad. I didn't make it through the first song when they introduced them.
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by nocera »

eddysnake wrote:
nocera wrote:I forgot about Peter Pan! After the train wreck that was Sound of Music Live, I wanted to watch Peter Pan just for the sheer terribleness. Hopefully it's streaming on their site.

*edit*
very weird. The whole cable making them fly thing just doesn't work for me anymore. Sure it was cool 50 years ago when they did it, but that was then. The pirates around Walken were also really bad. I didn't make it through the first song when they introduced them.
Walken's spoken word singing has been the highlight for me. It's so ridiculous and I can't help but love it. As bad as Sound of Music was, and as cheesy as Pan is, I really like that NBC has gone back to the classic live productions of television. It's fun. I hope they do Sweeney Todd next Christmas. Or Les Miserables. Those are festive, right?
MalkinIsMyHomeboy
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by MalkinIsMyHomeboy »

They talked about Black Mirror on the Hello Internet podcast (CGP Grey and Brady Haran) and it sounded really cool.

also, Modern Marvels is a significantly underrated show. If the History channel showed it more consistently (instead of the reality **** they show instead) it would be among my most watched channels.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

not quite TV show-y but Red Dawn (original) was on last night. Holy crap I had forgotten quite a bit about that film, the only thing that I remembered was "Wolverine!"

Also - we finally finished the season of Gang Related. That series got better as the season went along, the last 6-8 episodes were really good. The season finale (presumed series finale) with some twists I didn't see coming.
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by DudeMan2766 »

I caught about 10 minutes of The McCarthys on CBS last night and holy geez is it awful. It feels like one of those sitcoms when they're watching tv on other sitcoms. Nothing but really really cheesy jokes, laugh track, horrible acting. Altho Kelen Coleman is :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: When I saw commercials for it, it was driving me nuts trying to place her and finally realized today - Dwights gf Isabella on The Office
Chefpatrick871
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
Location: Not saying I'm at your mom's house, not saying I'm not.

Post by Chefpatrick871 »

Tonight at work can't go fast enough. The Arrow v Flash crossover is up on demand.
tfrizz
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by tfrizz »

Chefpatrick871 wrote:Tonight at work can't go fast enough. The Arrow v Flash crossover is up on demand.
Enjoy :thumb:
tfrizz
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by tfrizz »

DudeMan2766 wrote:I caught about 10 minutes of The McCarthys on CBS last night and holy geez is it awful. It feels like one of those sitcoms when they're watching tv on other sitcoms. Nothing but really really cheesy jokes, laugh track, horrible acting. Altho Kelen Coleman is :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: When I saw commercials for it, it was driving me nuts trying to place her and finally realized today - Dwights gf Isabella on The Office
And yet it's still draws 8 million viewers.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2014/1 ... se/335660/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
shoeshine boy
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by shoeshine boy »

shmenguin wrote:Survivor and amazing race are giant bowls of suck this season.
haven't watched Survivor in years but I disagree about Amazing Race. it could be better (so far the challenges are way too tame) but right now I'd watch it just to see the things that Soul Surfer can do with one arm faster than the competition with 2 arms.
(btw, I'm 2 eps behind so don't spoil anything for me if she's out)