TV Shows

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: TV Shows

Post by Letang Is The Truth »

CBear3 wrote:Just started watching The Newsroom. Stumbled upon the first episodes of this season and now have to stop and go back to the beginning. How did I wait this long? It's like Sports Night and West Wing wrapped up into one show.
i wouldnt go that far
Digitalgypsy66
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Digitalgypsy66 »

Letang Is The Truth wrote:
CBear3 wrote:Just started watching The Newsroom. Stumbled upon the first episodes of this season and now have to stop and go back to the beginning. How did I wait this long? It's like Sports Night and West Wing wrapped up into one show.
i wouldnt go that far
Well, it sort of is with the Aaron Sorkin connection, but Newsroom isn't on the same level though. Great show, and very good this season.
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by eddysnake »

The Flash: the guy in the wheel chair at star labs always seems to be hiding around the corner and pops in and finishes the craziest sentences like he's just been waiting for that moment. We were laughing about it and then 15 seconds later, the detective did the same thing. I really can't stand the wheel chair guy, he makes the show hard for me to watch.
CBear3
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by CBear3 »

Digitalgypsy66 wrote:
i wouldnt go that far
Well, it sort of is with the Aaron Sorkin connection, but Newsroom isn't on the same level though. Great show, and very good this season.
So you're telling me its going to go downhill as I get further into it?
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by eddysnake »

anyone watch Black Mirror? It finally made it's way to netflix and sounds awesome
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

noticed Seasons 1 & 2 of Vikings is now on Hulu.
Digitalgypsy66
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Digitalgypsy66 »

CBear3 wrote:
Digitalgypsy66 wrote:
i wouldnt go that far
I've enjoyed each episode, first season was better than season two, but I know a lot of people don't like the show very much. Media people - TV critics - largely hate the show for some reason.
tfrizz
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by tfrizz »

I am way too excited for Flash vs Arrow tonight & tomorrow.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

vs? Hmmm. It will be interesting to see how that comes about...
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

Sounds like a captain america vs the hulk fight.
Digitalgypsy66
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Digitalgypsy66 »

I'm caught up with the Arrow, and watched a few of the Flash. Good stuff so far, and a great cast. TV's Ed as the mysterious Dr. Wells, and Tom Collins from the original Broadway run of Rent (and Chesty Puller from The Pacific has a brief cameo as well).

Arrow will turn up in DLC for Lego Batman 3, and Stephen Amell has voiced him...pretty cool stuff.
tfrizz
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by tfrizz »

PensFanInDC wrote:vs? Hmmm. It will be interesting to see how that comes about...
Yup. The much anticipated crossover episodes - part 1 is tonight, part 2 is tomorrow.
Chefpatrick871
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
Location: Not saying I'm at your mom's house, not saying I'm not.

Post by Chefpatrick871 »

tfrizz wrote:
PensFanInDC wrote:vs? Hmmm. It will be interesting to see how that comes about...
Yup. The much anticipated crossover episodes - part 1 is tonight, part 2 is tomorrow.
Cannot wait!
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Letang Is The Truth »

Digitalgypsy66 wrote:
CBear3 wrote:
Digitalgypsy66 wrote:
i wouldnt go that far
I've enjoyed each episode, first season was better than season two, but I know a lot of people don't like the show very much. Media people - TV critics - largely hate the show for some reason.
i thought s1 was the best. i have liked this season, however, i am not sure where they are going as there are only a few eps left and this is the final season? also they have made it less about the news this year
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by eddysnake »

Black Mirror on netflix. Wow. wife and I watched the first episode last night and she said she never wants to watch another again. It plays like the twilight zone where each episode is different. The first ep was really messed up, but pretty accurate to the real world today. There are 3 episodes in each season and like Sherlock, they play like a movie with a decent budget, but these appear to all be dark unsettling views on how we find fascination with the worst in humanity.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

eddysnake wrote:Black Mirror on netflix. Wow. wife and I watched the first episode last night and she said she never wants to watch another again. It plays like the twilight zone where each episode is different. The first ep was really messed up, but pretty accurate to the real world today. There are 3 episodes in each season and like Sherlock, they play like a movie with a decent budget, but these appear to all be dark unsettling views on how we find fascination with the worst in humanity.
Queued. Thank you.
Digitalgypsy66
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Digitalgypsy66 »

PensFanInDC wrote:
eddysnake wrote:Black Mirror on netflix. Wow. wife and I watched the first episode last night and she said she never wants to watch another again. It plays like the twilight zone where each episode is different. The first ep was really messed up, but pretty accurate to the real world today. There are 3 episodes in each season and like Sherlock, they play like a movie with a decent budget, but these appear to all be dark unsettling views on how we find fascination with the worst in humanity.
Queued. Thank you.
Yeah, wow. Thanks. Queued!
dodint
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dodint »

Sounds interesting, I'll have a look. Thanks.
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

I've watched both seasons...it's good.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

Digitalgypsy66 wrote:
PensFanInDC wrote:
Queued. Thank you.
5 minutes into the 1st episode and I can't stop laughing...I shouldn't be...but I am...
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

New Girl and Mindy were.... well more of the same.

Castle - thought this week's was good.
Spoiler:
still easing into married life it seems, with Kate clearing her apartment
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

Second episode of Black Mirror was intense. The social commentary, while not subtle at all, was powerful.
dodint
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dodint »

PensFanInDC wrote:
Digitalgypsy66 wrote:
PensFanInDC wrote:
Queued. Thank you.
5 minutes into the 1st episode and I can't stop laughing...I shouldn't be...but I am...
Yeah, I burst out loud. :lol:
Pavel Bure
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pavel Bure »

Watching cops, kid is pulled over 2 houses from his house. Cop says it's for tail lights and possible suspended license. Kid is cooperative but calls his house and tells his dad he's pulled over outside. Cop goes into a-hole mode, is going to tow the kids car, kid is upset, cop says he's arresting kid, kids dad points out the silliness, cop says his hands are tied, dad gets a little fired up, cop tells him to go home, dad starts leaving complaining of the BS, cop chases him down and arrests him, tells him he could have a felony for resisting now. Now they found a small amount of weed and he's giving this kid the run around.

This is an example of a cop being an a-hole because the kid called his dad. There was no reason to do all that.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

The cop is being an a hole because he wants to look like a bad ass on TV.