TV Shows

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: TV Shows

Post by Letang Is The Truth »

Gaucho wrote:Catching up on the new Homeland season. Top notch. Claire Danes is just amazing.
sometimes crazy carrie is a little too much for me
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

Sometimes? I almost stopped watching the show in season 2 because of her crazy. I hate crazy Carrie and I think Danes overacts a bit too much for my taste.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

PensFanInDC wrote:Hell's Kitchen used to be less scripted. I'm sure it was always scripted but they did a better job not showing it in the past.
Agreed. I love that literally every single challenge comes down to the final dish. Every. Single. Time.

Same if there is an odd number of people and the team has to decide not to use someone's dish. Without fail, if that team loses, Ramsay will try it and say "wow, you guys would have won had you picked that one"
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

Re: Arrow/Flash

When should I start watching The Flash? I am on S2e10 of Arrow and...
Spoiler:
episode 9 ends with what I can only assume is the creation of The Flash.
Should I start watching The Flash now or should I wait until I'm done with season 2 of Arrow?
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

PensFanInDC wrote:Re: Arrow/Flash

When should I start watching The Flash? I am on S2e10 of Arrow and...
Spoiler:
episode 9 ends with what I can only assume is the creation of The Flash.
Should I start watching The Flash now or should I wait until I'm done with season 2 of Arrow?
Flash premieres the week of the Arrow S3 premiere. So I'd say you are ok to finish season 2 Arrow.
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by eddysnake »

Finish season 2 of arrow first, then start watching both. I haven't cared for the flash that much so I'm trying to catch up for the season 3 crossovers to coincide with each other. So far I think there were 2 mini crossovers in the current season with the big one coming this week.
Gaucho
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Gaucho »

Letang Is The Truth wrote:
Gaucho wrote:Catching up on the new Homeland season. Top notch. Claire Danes is just amazing.
sometimes crazy carrie is a little too much for me
Yes, yes. See, that's how good Claire Danes is.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

shafnutz05 wrote:
PensFanInDC wrote:Hell's Kitchen used to be less scripted. I'm sure it was always scripted but they did a better job not showing it in the past.
Agreed. I love that literally every single challenge comes down to the final dish. Every. Single. Time.

Same if there is an odd number of people and the team has to decide not to use someone's dish. Without fail, if that team loses, Ramsay will try it and say "wow, you guys would have won had you picked that one"
I stopped watching at some point for many reasons, but those are some. Also, clearly changing the winner or using clever editing to make it appear that the losing chef had dominated. Keeping terrible people around so Ramsay can yell at them. The quality of the chefs decreased while the obnoxiousness of their personalities increased and ay some point, it was unbearable.
largegarlic
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by largegarlic »

My wife and I had a marathon Arrow binge over Thanksgiving going all the way from the start to the current episode (I definitely spent more time with the Queen family than her family). As everyone has been saying, the 2nd half of season 1 and really all of season 2 are pretty top-notch comic-turned-TV-show.

However, I think season 3 is kind of a turd so far. I don't know if this is because we were easily able to blow past (and quickly forget) mediocre episodes in previous seasons or what, but I don't see any compelling overarching plot shaping up, and the flashbacks have been pretty lame too.
Spoiler:
I'm guessing the main plot will be the League of Assassins coming to hunt down Merlyn, causing Oliver to feel like he has to stand against them. And then Nyssa will figure out her dad killed Sara and have to make the hard choice to side with Oliver and Merlyn. This is all fine, but it doesn't have near the dramatic weight of the conflicts with Merlyn and Slade Wilson from past seasons. Maybe I just miss Crixus, the Undefeated Gaul.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

I forget which season of Hell's Kitchen had the winner with the broken arm. The season after that, during the finale and after the winner was announced and the confetti was dropped and everyone is celebrating, you can see that chef with the broken arm wearing his white and blue chef's jacket and his arm still in a cast. I can assume they filmed a few seasons at the same time but it still turned me off of the show. That was the last episode I watched.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

PensFanInDC wrote:I forget which season of Hell's Kitchen had the winner with the broken arm. The season after that, during the finale and after the winner was announced and the confetti was dropped and everyone is celebrating, you can see that chef with the broken arm wearing his white and blue chef's jacket and his arm still in a cast. I can assume they filmed a few seasons at the same time but it still turned me off of the show. That was the last episode I watched.
Lol wow. I think I watched that season, but missed that in the finale. I believe the following season I watched an episode or two and "shut it down" because "my gut can't take anymore".
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

[youtube][/youtube]

at 2:50 you see him kinda hopping from left to right in the background. He isn't wearing the blue and white (just white) but you can see the cast still on his left arm. Who knows, maybe it's something he wears now since the break? Maybe all the past winners come back for the finale? Either way the show has been pretty terrible since season 6 ended. Probably a bit before that...
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

Arrow bone to pick...
Spoiler:
I can not...CAN NOT!...sympathize with a billionaire that has his trust fund taken away. Just can't do it.
Re-watching season 1 and when Tommy has his money taken away he acts like he's as good as hobo
Felicty: "I finally have a guy who is interested in me..." ARE YOU KIDDING ME!? You're in the top 3 hottest women in the city and you expect me to believe that no guy has ever been interested in you?
tfrizz
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by tfrizz »

PensFanInDC wrote:Arrow bone to pick...
Spoiler:
I can not...CAN NOT!...sympathize with a billionaire that has his trust fund taken away. Just can't do it.
Re-watching season 1 and when Tommy has his money taken away he acts like he's as good as hobo
Felicty: "I finally have a guy who is interested in me..." ARE YOU KIDDING ME!? You're in the top 3 hottest women in the city and you expect me to believe that no guy has ever been interested in you?
Yeah, guys would be tripping over themselves to get with her.

Castle airs early here and I fell asleep for the last 15 minutes. If anyone watches the episode, mind PMing me with who did it and why?
Hockeynut!
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Hockeynut! »

PensFanInDC wrote: at 2:50 you see him kinda hopping from left to right in the background. He isn't wearing the blue and white (just white) but you can see the cast still on his left arm. Who knows, maybe it's something he wears now since the break? Maybe all the past winners come back for the finale? Either way the show has been pretty terrible since season 6 ended. Probably a bit before that...
A lot of the previous contestants come back for the finales. And most reality shows shoot at least two seasons back to back. Cuts back dramatically on production costs.
Pavel Bure
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pavel Bure »

/Moon Landing

/The Wire Season 5
Spoiler:
Why in the hell does McNulty tamper with the murder scene? Yeah he's hungover and drunk but it just doesn't fit his character to do that. Sober or not. Really weird.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

RE: The Wire

Because season 5 sucks. That's why.
Gaucho
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Gaucho »

Pretty much.
largegarlic
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by largegarlic »

Pavel Bure wrote:/Moon Landing

/The Wire Season 5
Spoiler:
Why in the hell does McNulty tamper with the murder scene? Yeah he's hungover and drunk but it just doesn't fit his character to do that. Sober or not. Really weird.
Spoiler:
I think it fits with his character to do something like that. After all, he played loose with the wire tapping rules all series, but it's the magnitude of his tampering that feels unrealistic to me. I still kind of like season 5.
blackjack68
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by blackjack68 »

Well that was the weirdest CSI ever.

Men dressing up in rubber woman suits.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

largegarlic wrote:
Pavel Bure wrote:/Moon Landing

/The Wire Season 5
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
I think it fits with his character to do something like that. After all, he played loose with the wire tapping rules all series, but it's the magnitude of his tampering that feels unrealistic to me. I still kind of like season 5.
Spoiler:
My thoughts as well. McNulty was not above doing whatever it takes to get what he wants... but it goes way too far. And there is no way that they wouldn't get caught much earlier in real life.
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Letang Is The Truth »

brooklyn 99 was good this weekend. appreciated the story arcs with rosa and boyle
CBear3
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by CBear3 »

Just started watching The Newsroom. Stumbled upon the first episodes of this season and now have to stop and go back to the beginning. How did I wait this long? It's like Sports Night and West Wing wrapped up into one show.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

sleepy hollow...
Spoiler:
on one hand, predictable, on the other hand, what is the focus now?
also, SH back in January instead of next Fall. Wonder if the Following is getting a new time slot?
stopper40
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by stopper40 »

relantel wrote:sleepy hollow...
Spoiler:
on one hand, predictable, on the other hand, what is the focus now?
also, SH back in January instead of next Fall. Wonder if the Following is getting a new time slot?
That's what I was wondering
Spoiler:
Where do they go now