The Walking Dead

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Re: The Walking Dead

Post by newarenanow »

shmenguin wrote:
newarenanow wrote:
Hockeynut! wrote:I didn't think it was terrible, but it was a little boring. One thing that really irks me on the show is how the characters continually walk by "impaired" walkers rather than killing them. The walkers skulls are apparently the consistency of Papier-mâché so why not stomp them and 1) put them out of their misery and 2) prevent them from possibly biting you. They act like they're no threat at all but inevitably someone slips, gets knocked down, etc and is inches away from being zombie chow. Every walker they kill is one less that can possibly kill them so why not crush their head like a tin can?
I think the same thing. I'd want to kill every one of them if I could.
you'd probably think that for a year or two, and then it would be like, "i've done this a million times already...what's the point?"
Yeah, they are probably desensitized.
Hockeynut!
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Hockeynut! »

newarenanow wrote:
shmenguin wrote:
newarenanow wrote:
Hockeynut! wrote:I didn't think it was terrible, but it was a little boring. One thing that really irks me on the show is how the characters continually walk by "impaired" walkers rather than killing them. The walkers skulls are apparently the consistency of Papier-mâché so why not stomp them and 1) put them out of their misery and 2) prevent them from possibly biting you. They act like they're no threat at all but inevitably someone slips, gets knocked down, etc and is inches away from being zombie chow. Every walker they kill is one less that can possibly kill them so why not crush their head like a tin can?
I think the same thing. I'd want to kill every one of them if I could.
you'd probably think that for a year or two, and then it would be like, "i've done this a million times already...what's the point?"
Yeah, they are probably desensitized.
Yeah, but then you slip on a pile of zombie and the next thing you know, you're getting bit. Or you fight with someone and end up like Daryl. It's like leaving a fire burning and assuming it won't cause a problem. Why not just put it out?
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Hey, I'm not arguing. Just trying to figure out an excuse why they don't.

I'd want to kill as many as I could.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

newarenanow wrote:Hey, I'm not arguing. Just trying to figure out an excuse why they don't.

I'd want to kill as many as I could.
Especially at the prison, they let the numbers get so large they almost got over run if not for some quality bonding between Rick and Carl to save everyone. I'd be out there every day stabbing skulls through the fence because frankly what else is there to do? They weren't managing an easy threat well enough at all.
Gaucho
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Gaucho »

Hey, a baby.
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

Weak.

At least she's finally dead, so that's something.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

In retrospect, should have seen Beth's death coming as soon as Michonne told Maggie that she was alive. So glad we got 3 episodes of the more interesting story line and 5 of the not interesting one.

Did anyone from the hospital follow them out? Hopefully not.
FreeCandy44
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by FreeCandy44 »

I mean it was ok. *shrugs* My question is...
Spoiler:
Who shot Beth?
Hockeynut!
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Hockeynut! »

FreeCandy44 wrote:I mean it was ok. *shrugs* My question is...
Spoiler:
Who shot Beth?
The female cop in charge at the hosp shot Beth by accident when Beth stabbed her with the scissors she stole.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

F***ing waste of time.

This show won me back. I've since lost my faith that they know what they're doing.

"Derp. I'm gonna stab this lady now. Hope nothing bad happens! Derp." Makes a lot of sense. At least all those Dawn scenes weren't insufferable. And all those cops' motives were super clear and coherent. And team Abraham really had a great plan of slowly walking into a heavily guarded hospital in broad day light.

Good job nice effort guys.
Hockeynut!
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Hockeynut! »

Did anyone else that, even though the zombies are dead, they're still rotting? It seems like more and more of them are practically falling apart. Makes me wondering if the characters could just survive for a year or two, the plague would be nearly over.
GSdrums87
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by GSdrums87 »

Tyrese is such a **** character
MalkinIsMyHomeboy
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by MalkinIsMyHomeboy »

This is the first season where I haven't watched any episodes as they come out and it feels nice. Walking Dead has become so formulaic I just don't care anymore really.

Hearing that Beth died is nice though. I couldn't stand her in past seasons.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

Hockeynut! wrote:Did anyone else that, even though the zombies are dead, they're still rotting? It seems like more and more of them are practically falling apart. Makes me wondering if the characters could just survive for a year or two, the plague would be nearly over.
A buddy of mine and I discuss this and we agree. Especially in places like the tropics where it's hot and humid all the time the zeds would decompose and be mush in a year tops. Places like the arctic, where there aren't many people anyway, would probably see a lot of frozen or super slow zeds. Everywhere else (temperate climates) would still see total decay with a year or two.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

so they couldn't give us like 20 seconds of carol waking up? or how about maybe they have a scene where beth and carol are told they're being rescued?

and the dawn scenes took freaking forever. i can't wrap my head around what kind of mess that was last night. butchered in almost every way. really, guys? you're going to let one million zombies in the church, even though you have a baby...just because you want to try to save a doofus who wandered off for some reason?

GRFNRFHGDGJLDGDGDJGD!!!!!!!
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

PensFanInDC wrote:
Hockeynut! wrote:Did anyone else that, even though the zombies are dead, they're still rotting? It seems like more and more of them are practically falling apart. Makes me wondering if the characters could just survive for a year or two, the plague would be nearly over.
A buddy of mine and I discuss this and we agree. Especially in places like the tropics where it's hot and humid all the time the zeds would decompose and be mush in a year tops. Places like the arctic, where there aren't many people anyway, would probably see a lot of frozen or super slow zeds. Everywhere else (temperate climates) would still see total decay with a year or two.
Only issue is when anyone dies they are now a walker. Some old guy dies in his sleep he can strat the entire process over. It's hard to plan for random death. But even the comic starts point out how disgusting the walkers are becoming.

In the World War Z book they also talk about the spring thaws and how everyone still needs to prepare each year for the zombies to return in the further northern climates.
JeffDFD
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by JeffDFD »

Im not sure what Beth was trying to do by sticking some tiny suture scissors or whatever in Dawn's collarbone. Like...why? Ok so you are mad and want Noah to come with you or whatever....stab her in the eye / neck / anything more vital. That was basically like "oh you have a gun??? Im going to pinch you!"

She should have gone for the neck...then got shot...then Dawn gets shot.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

Yes people turn after they die, but when you consider that roughly 90% of the world's population is already dead or zed that only leaves about 700 million people left on the entire planet compared to the 6.3 BILLION that are dead or zed. I'd take those odds any day.
Digitalgypsy66
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Digitalgypsy66 »

I was expecting a significant (read: good) character to buy it last night, judging from the reactions on social media.

Underwhelming.
Stoosh
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Stoosh »

Digitalgypsy66 wrote:I was expecting a significant (read: good) character to buy it last night, judging from the reactions on social media.

Underwhelming.
I saw a reference on my Twitter timeline to an interview Norman Reedus (Daryl) did at some point earlier in the season in which he said he cried for an hour after they wrapped up filming of the mid-season finale, so I figured it was one of the principle characters, too.

My guess was Carol, especially since they spent a decent portion of this season building up the dynamic between her and Daryl, her return to the group and reconciliation with Rick. As soon as Beth turned to (inexplicably) confront Dawn, I knew it was going to be her.

As disjointed as most of the episode was, I thought Maggie's reaction and Daryl carrying Beth out of the hospital was particularly well done.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

Stoosh wrote: As disjointed as most of the episode was, I thought Maggie's reaction and Daryl carrying Beth out of the hospital was particularly well done.
yes, definitely. it's almost like they should have primarily focused on the characters that we know and care about.
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by SolidSnake »

Beth's death to me was like Andrea's, I didn't really care one way or another.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

SolidSnake wrote:Beth's death to me was like Andrea's, I didn't really care one way or another.
This. The one annoying thing that's happening with this show is that it's apparent that if your character develops over the course of the show. You don't have a chance to live if you're not Rick/Carl/Abraham.

I do believe, Daryl dies eventually.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

I do like how they keep killing the worst regulars. I'll give them that.
Gaucho
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Gaucho »

Well, Rick is still alive.