GIVE ME YOUR BEER SUGGESTIONS!!

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Re: GIVE ME YOUR BEER SUGGESTIONS!!

Post by eddysnake »

Have her look for clown shoes extremely angry beast
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by eddysnake »

count2infinity wrote:My sister lives near Burlington, and just sent me a message that she's heading to the beer store on Tuesday as that's delivery day. She said she can call Monday and reserve beers to pick up on Tuesday. She's then coming down Wednesday for Thanksgiving, and wants to know if I want her to get anything for me. Other than Heady Topper anyone have any New England/Vermont beers that I should see if she can get?
Clown shoes extremely angry beast
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

count2infinity wrote:My sister lives near Burlington, and just sent me a message that she's heading to the beer store on Tuesday as that's delivery day. She said she can call Monday and reserve beers to pick up on Tuesday. She's then coming down Wednesday for Thanksgiving, and wants to know if I want her to get anything for me. Other than Heady Topper anyone have any New England/Vermont beers that I should see if she can get?
I haven't had it before, but the stuff from Hill Farmstead is supposed to be excellent. The Shed is very good, and McNeills makes very good beer.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

Switchback and Rock Art are also good. I like Long Trail, which is easier to find, but their Doube Bag is very good and harder to find outside VT.
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

MWB wrote:
I haven't had it before, but the stuff from Hill Farmstead is supposed to be excellent. The Shed is very good, and McNeills makes very good beer.
I've heard great things about Hill Farmstead, but I though that it was just growler fills at the location. Did they start bottling and selling outside the farm?
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by eddysnake »

Maine beer company "dinner" and "lunch"

Or just take a look here

http://www.beeradvocate.com/lists/new-england/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sam's Drunk Dog »

eddysnake wrote:Have her look for clown shoes extremely angry beast
Lucic?
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by JS© »

MWB wrote:Switchback and Rock Art are also good. I like Long Trail, which is easier to find, but their Doube Bag is very good and harder to find outside VT.
The Beer Market has the Bag
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by eddysnake »

Enjoyed a few different stouts and porters last night
Mission dark seas RIS (terrific)
Southern tier 2x stout (could drink milk stouts all day long)
Founders breakfast stout (love sipping on this one)
Stone smoked porter with chocolate and oranges (incredibly average)
Boulder shake chocolate Porter (smelled fantastic, but a little too thin and subtle)

Picked up clown shoes chocolate Sombrero, tramp stamp Belgian ipa, and a brother thelonious today. Never had any of them.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

count2infinity wrote:
MWB wrote:
I've heard great things about Hill Farmstead, but I though that it was just growler fills at the location. Did they start bottling and selling outside the farm?
Nope, looks like are still just doing growlers on site.
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

MWB wrote:
count2infinity wrote:
MWB wrote:
My wife and I are trying to figure out what we want to do after we graduate for a vacation. One suggestion I made was a drive to Montreal making a list of stops for along the way. Hill Farmstead is a must stop on that list.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kraftster »

Eismann wrote:
Kraftster wrote:Interesting. I went to attended a wine/beer/liquor law class recently. Sounds like there are tons of trademark issues as a result of the craft beer boom. Only so many creative names related to beer styles/ingredients, I guess.
If there's not already, you should create a craft beer name generator. Should be pretty easy. Little from Column A, little from Column B, little from Column C...et, voila!

Mad Cactus Stout
Top Space Ale
Bent Road IPA
Fat Trunk Wheat
Hefty Hot Heif
White Magma Cuvee
Crazy Flap Pils
Lol, I love it.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kraftster »

MWB wrote:
count2infinity wrote:
MWB wrote:
As far as I know, they bottle and sell on site. I believe they also sell bottles under their collab label (Grassroots) on site. Have never had HF stuff, but the Grassroots I've had is some of the best stuff I've come across. Grassroots Arctic Saison is close to my favorite I've ever had.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kraftster »

columbia wrote:I picked one of these up for Thanksgiving:

Neat, report back.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

made a bunch of calls about BCBS this week. stores are being very squirrely about what they'll tell you. some say they have it in stock but aren't selling it until friday. others in the same neighborhood won't admit they have it but say they will on friday. others play totally dumb about when they're getting it (it's anheuser busch - you're getting it on or before friday, folks).

i have my route of 5 stores i'm hitting, starting at 9am. going with the ghetto places first, hoping i can land a case, and working my way up to the bigger stores.

on monday, i'll re-assess and maybe expand my radius. if i can find a place that will guarantee me a case, i'll drive a shameful distance to get it.
Pavel Bure
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pavel Bure »

If you get the chance try Dragon's Milk Stout. Very tasty. Made in bourbon barrels. Yum
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

Latest BCBS update. 6 stores near me have it and will sell it on Friday. I'll be visiting each one. I've been allotted 2 hours to pull this off.

Went to the 6th store today to talk to them. For some reason they had a 4 pack of KBS sitting behind the register. They'd only sell me 2 bottles though. Extremely random thing to find from a pretty anonymous store.
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

Pavel Bure wrote:If you get the chance try Dragon's Milk Stout. Very tasty. Made in bourbon barrels. Yum
It's really good but I can't do more than one.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

Gonna do a yards tour this weekend...should be a good time.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

canaan wrote:Gonna do a yards tour this weekend...should be a good time.
Their brew pub has stuff you'll probably never see in stores.
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

shmenguin wrote:
canaan wrote:Gonna do a yards tour this weekend...should be a good time.
Their brew pub has stuff you'll probably never see in stores.
Georgia has finally allowed brewers to sell growlers, which definitely ups the idea of visiting breweries (to take home specialty/limited brews).
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

Wife got this for me, going to dig into it in a couple weeks during chanukah

http://www.shmaltzbrewing.com/HEBREW/hgp2014.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
BigMcK
AHL'er
AHL'er
Location: Drawing 1 line in the sand, followed by another, and another, and another. TIC TAC TOE

Post by BigMcK »

When Victor Novak left as Head Brewer at my local, the staff said not to worry, the styles and quality would remain. Having the new Head Brewer's first offering right now, a IPA.

A pint of pure West Coast IPA, so fresh that I can smell the pine sap! A growler is headed home, and as an added bonus, my growler card allows for this one to be $1.00.

Score.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

slappybrown wrote:
Pavel Bure wrote:If you get the chance try Dragon's Milk Stout. Very tasty. Made in bourbon barrels. Yum
It's really good but I can't do more than one.
tjand72
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by tjand72 »

Edmund Fitzgerald is a good beer.