The Walking Dead

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Re: The Walking Dead

Post by DelPen »

shmenguin wrote:That wasn't good. Filler filler and more filler.

Also, I just now realized how bad the actress who plays Beth is.
Not sure who she impressed to stay in the main cast and not die at the farm, maybe she is working for a ridiculously low salary?

Even Chandler Riggshas gotten better.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

I have no issues with Carl anymore. Even Tara has become passable.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Carl definitely has improved.
Sigwolf
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Sigwolf »

Carl has only improved because they keep him on the perimeter, without many lines. He's still terrible.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

Worst episode in a long time.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

Sigwolf wrote:Carl has only improved because they keep him on the perimeter, without many lines. He's still terrible.
there's some truth to this, but the acting has still improved. drastically.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

PensFanInDC wrote:Worst episode in a long time.
If a long time is two, maybe three weeks, sure.
Hockeynut!
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Hockeynut! »

I didn't think it was terrible, but it was a little boring. One thing that really irks me on the show is how the characters continually walk by "impaired" walkers rather than killing them. The walkers skulls are apparently the consistency of Papier-mâché so why not stomp them and 1) put them out of their misery and 2) prevent them from possibly biting you. They act like they're no threat at all but inevitably someone slips, gets knocked down, etc and is inches away from being zombie chow. Every walker they kill is one less that can possibly kill them so why not crush their head like a tin can?
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

I would imagine a major death is going to happen next week. It just has too, keeping this many people around doesn't make sense. Maybe Maggie or Glenn.
Hockeynut!
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Hockeynut! »

It gets to the point where they're killing people just to kill people. If everyone's expecting a big death in the mid season finale (like Hershell last year) it just becomes another gimmick.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

Hockeynut! wrote:It gets to the point where they're killing people just to kill people. If everyone's expecting a big death in the mid season finale (like Hershell last year) it just becomes another gimmick.

I don't expect it, I would just imagine it's going to happen. Two large groups will eventually come back together. Carol doesn't fee like she belongs so she could sacrifice herself too. Totally up in the air, but I couldn't imagine the main group getting even bigger after next week.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

carol is a goner. dawn will return to her role as a villain on melrose place.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

shmenguin wrote:carol is a goner. dawn will return to her role as a villain on melrose place.
In a way, I hate this off shoot. I would have rather of seen the Hunters arc go longer and this one go shorter. Whatever though, this season has kept me involved moreso than the last two seasons.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

for you comic book folks. i only know about a couple of spoilers, but regarding glenn...
Spoiler:
i don't see the show having the balls to kill him that way. it's horrifying. what do you think?
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

shmenguin wrote:for you comic book folks. i only know about a couple of spoilers, but regarding glenn...
Spoiler:
i don't see the show having the balls to kill him that way. it's horrifying. what do you think?
They did the
Spoiler:
tainted meat scene. I think they've started to push the limits and could see it happening.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

shmenguin wrote:for you comic book folks. i only know about a couple of spoilers, but regarding glenn...
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Someone will get smashed in by Lucille but I think it will be mosty off camera except for the first hit and then the mushy mess where a head should be. Tiny getting killed was preatty bad in S3, all the guys getting their throats slit at terminus too wa bad. Only thing is who they will do it too, if Tyrese is still around I'd bet him.

But the funniest thing was him trying to figure out a PC way to pick someone and rattled off why he couldn't kill each of them finally settled on Glenn by random.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

Malkamaniac wrote:I would imagine a major death is going to happen next week. It just has too, keeping this many people around doesn't make sense. Maybe Maggie or Glenn.
I would have prefered to see Sasha go out the window other then smack it.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

Malkamaniac wrote:
Spoiler:
They did the
Spoiler:
tainted meat scene. I think they've started to push the limits and could see it happening.
Spoiler:
if it plays out like the comics, it would be the toughest thing to watch that they've put on the show...by a mile. the other main character deaths have either been cheered on by fans or were totally expected. if carol's getting the business this week, i feel like it's been foreshadowed to the extent that the blow will be softened. plus it will probably contribute to someone else living. glenn's whole deal...woof - that's no good for anyone.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

shmenguin wrote:
Malkamaniac wrote:
Spoiler:
They did the
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
if it plays out like the comics, it would be the toughest thing to watch that they've put on the show...by a mile. the other main character deaths have either been cheered on by fans or were totally expected. if carol's getting the business this week, i feel like it's been foreshadowed to the extent that the blow will be softened. plus it will probably contribute to someone else living. glenn's whole deal...woof - that's no good for anyone.
Spoiler:
I could see them taking the bat to the face 1-3 times. Not over and over, but I could see it happen.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

DelPen wrote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Someone will get smashed in by Lucille but I think it will be mosty off camera except for the first hit and then the mushy mess where a head should be. Tiny getting killed was preatty bad in S3, all the guys getting their throats slit at terminus too wa bad. Only thing is who they will do it too, if Tyrese is still around I'd bet him.

But the funniest thing was him trying to figure out a PC way to pick someone and rattled off why he couldn't kill each of them finally settled on Glenn by random.
Spoiler:
so the neagan character is supposed to be part comic relief, part super villain, right? and the comics in general are a little more...cartoonish? which makes it not as horrible in that context?
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

DelPen wrote:
Malkamaniac wrote:I would imagine a major death is going to happen next week. It just has too, keeping this many people around doesn't make sense. Maybe Maggie or Glenn.
If this happened and it made Tyreese non terrible, I'd have been all for it.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

comic spoilers
Spoiler:
Negan rules with a set of morality but harsh rules. He's kind of funny and evil but not like the Governor who literaly had the twirly moustache in the comic and was so over the top in crazy. He's not far off of what Rick became even in the TV show.

If you met up with him at the begining and didn't break the rules you would probably think he was fine. Joe from last season was pretty close to his character.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

Malkamaniac wrote:
DelPen wrote:
If this happened and it made Tyreese non terrible, I'd have been all for it.
It would have actually played well with him trying to keep everyone alive but if his sister was killed he'd beat the bald guy to death for sure and probably rush up and take out most of the hospital too before getting killed.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Hockeynut! wrote:I didn't think it was terrible, but it was a little boring. One thing that really irks me on the show is how the characters continually walk by "impaired" walkers rather than killing them. The walkers skulls are apparently the consistency of Papier-mâché so why not stomp them and 1) put them out of their misery and 2) prevent them from possibly biting you. They act like they're no threat at all but inevitably someone slips, gets knocked down, etc and is inches away from being zombie chow. Every walker they kill is one less that can possibly kill them so why not crush their head like a tin can?
I think the same thing. I'd want to kill every one of them if I could.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

newarenanow wrote:
Hockeynut! wrote:I didn't think it was terrible, but it was a little boring. One thing that really irks me on the show is how the characters continually walk by "impaired" walkers rather than killing them. The walkers skulls are apparently the consistency of Papier-mâché so why not stomp them and 1) put them out of their misery and 2) prevent them from possibly biting you. They act like they're no threat at all but inevitably someone slips, gets knocked down, etc and is inches away from being zombie chow. Every walker they kill is one less that can possibly kill them so why not crush their head like a tin can?
I think the same thing. I'd want to kill every one of them if I could.
you'd probably think that for a year or two, and then it would be like, "i've done this a million times already...what's the point?"