Official 2014-2015 Pittsburgh Steelers Thread

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Re: Official 2014-2015 Pittsburgh Steelers Thread

Post by PensFanInDC »

I'm not even sure I want to be a Christian anymore.

Yeah I do....but really, why was he there?
Last edited by PensFanInDC on Sat Nov 08, 2014 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dodint
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dodint »

PensFanInDC wrote:I'm not even sure I want to be a Christian anymore.
:lol:
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by SolidSnake »

Steelers been Bieber'd
Rocco
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Rocco »

Sounds like Polamalu, Shazier and Jones will be back for Sunday. Well, Shazier will be back for 15 plays or so before he hurts something.
Rocco
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Rocco »

Was listening to Dilfer this afternoon- he mentioned that the Saints D uses a lot of junk defenses and is vulnerable to teams lining up and smashing them. Any chance Haley notices this and plays power football?
viva la ben
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by viva la ben »

It worked against the Titans
Pavel Bure
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pavel Bure »

Rocco wrote:Was listening to Dilfer this afternoon- he mentioned that the Saints D uses a lot of junk defenses and is vulnerable to teams lining up and smashing them. Any chance Haley notices this and plays power football?
TODD DRINK!!!
TODD LIKE FOOTBALL!!!
TODD GREAT!!!
TODD THROW BUBBLE SCREENS!!!
TODD THE BEST!!!
FreeCandy44
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by FreeCandy44 »

Todd Haley....Super Genius!
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by JS© »

speaking of super genius...

slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

Today in "Steelers fan gets rightfully annoyed that an article concerning QBs -- and particularly this specific topic -- excludes Ben Roethlisberger":

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/encyc ... n-rodgers/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Today, we’re coining a term: “junk pass.” It refers to plays that shouldn’t happen, that get pulled out of asses, that no one in the stands or on the opposing defense believes. Above, we see Antoine Bethea, mouthguard in hand, looking back in the direction of both Wilson and his defensive line. He offers a raise and drop of the hands that simply says, “Are you **** kidding me?”
"Nice, easy call on this one to have Ben included. Scrolls...ok Russ Wilson makes sense...Romo, also reasonable...Andrew Luck? Checks to if mikey287 is the author..nope, wtf, ok whatever...Phillip **** ing Rivers??!?!?! The float ball master??....Aaron Rodgers, also fine...this is it? The end of the piece? WHY DONT YOU COME VISIT SIXBURGH ROBERT MAYS AND LEARN ABOUT THE TRUE JUNK PASS MASTER"
Rocco
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Rocco »

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The cap will be somewhere between $138m-141m next year. Right now the Steelers have about $135m committed to the cap. They'll probably work out extensions for BRoeth and Timmons to lower their combined ~$30m cap hits. Polamalu is going to be an $8m cap hit next year and he hasn't really justified that with his play this year. They'll save 1.5m when they release Mitchell. Worilds, McCain, Blake, Wing, and Moats are free agents they might want to bring back. Either way I think they've negotiated their cap hell without a complete cratering.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

Steelers opened as a 1.5 point favorite in Atlanta. If that line isn't screaming Falcons I don't know what is.
FreeCandy44
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by FreeCandy44 »

You really think they cut Mitchell?
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

FreeCandy44 wrote:You really think they cut Mitchell?
100%
Rocco
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Rocco »

Was killing time and started looking at mock drafts. This may be the dumbest one I've found.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/nfl- ... ck-at-no-1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Yes, the Steelers should ignore the fact their secondary is ablaze and draft a local product at a position they don't need. My rage would fuel a city for days.
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by JS© »

"Aggressively hopped IPA, perfect for any fishing trip or watching Ike Taylor getting smoked on a deep route."

:fist:
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/ ... um=twitter" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This of course means Harry Douglas will likely go off for 2 TDs and 150. Or Jones will.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

Rocco wrote:Was killing time and started looking at mock drafts. This may be the dumbest one I've found.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/nfl- ... ck-at-no-1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Yes, the Steelers should ignore the fact their secondary is ablaze and draft a local product at a position they don't need. My rage would fuel a city for days.
This is pretty accurate. They draft OL, LB, DE/DT and you'll like it.
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

This is Bleacher Report, but its Mike Tanier, who is from Football Outsiders so it falls within an exemption:

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The Steelers are different: deeply flawed but dangerous, far better now than they were in mid-October and completely unlikely to get the yips at the sight of a hostile crowd or Hall of Fame quarterback. They are the team the superpowers don't want to face in the postseason. There are going to be a lot of Chiefs and Bengals fans in Denver and Foxborough in the final two weeks, as the Broncos and Patriots (and many fans) will hope the other mid-tier contenders squash a Steelers run before it starts.

The Steelers will force their way into the playoffs. Once there, they will do some damage. They may not quite have enough defense to stop the inevitable, but it will be a lot of fun to watch them try.
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

slappybrown wrote:They may not quite have enough defense to stop the inevitable, but it will be a lot of fun to watch them try.
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Froggy »

The best thing going for the Steelers is that going in to the post season, there aren't going to be any terrible teams left for us to choke against
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

AB has more receptions and reception yards than the entire KC team combined.
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

Malkamaniac wrote:
Rocco wrote:Was killing time and started looking at mock drafts. This may be the dumbest one I've found.

Until a team has a pro bowler at each starting spot in the front 7, i would never want them spending a first rounder on a db. Especially the way the nfl is trending.
Geezer
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Geezer »

Idoit40fans wrote:
Malkamaniac wrote:

Until a team has a pro bowler at each starting spot in the front 7, i would never want them spending a first rounder on a db. Especially the way the nfl is trending.
I think they need to draft at least 4 dbs plus see if they can find any vet FA finds. Gay and maybe one ST / #5 cb like blake. Ike & Troy need to retire. Mitchell likely will be back based on the money wasted signing him; Shamarko Thomas because they spent 2 picks on him with nothing to show for it. Cortez Allen might have to be back depending on the dead cap money. They need 4 new starters with Gay as nickel back / back up. Making the DB situation worse is Worilds hopefully leaving since he does little as a LB or pass rusher and Jones has shown little in 2 years.
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

slappybrown wrote:Today in "Steelers fan gets rightfully annoyed that an article concerning QBs -- and particularly this specific topic -- excludes Ben Roethlisberger":

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/encyc ... n-rodgers/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Today, we’re coining a term: “junk pass.” It refers to plays that shouldn’t happen, that get pulled out of asses, that no one in the stands or on the opposing defense believes. Above, we see Antoine Bethea, mouthguard in hand, looking back in the direction of both Wilson and his defensive line. He offers a raise and drop of the hands that simply says, “Are you **** kidding me?”
"Nice, easy call on this one to have Ben included. Scrolls...ok Russ Wilson makes sense...Romo, also reasonable...Andrew Luck? Checks to if mikey287 is the author..nope, wtf, ok whatever...Phillip **** ing Rivers??!?!?! The float ball master??....Aaron Rodgers, also fine...this is it? The end of the piece? WHY DONT YOU COME VISIT SIXBURGH ROBERT MAYS AND LEARN ABOUT THE TRUE JUNK PASS MASTER"
Today in "Steelers fan is vindicated when writer who previously snubbed Ben recognizes the error of his ways and acknowledges leaving Ben out of his prior article was foolish and even though this is a pointless waste of my time and we will all die one day I feel good about this because life is ultimately empty and meaningless, so just shut up and let me savor the small victories":

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/ultim ... ll-wilson/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
During the afternoon slate of games on Sunday, I threw out a question.

You're playing a backyard football game, and you can pick any current NFL quarterback for your team. Who do you go with?

— Robert Mays (@robertmays) December 14, 2014
Roethlisberger’s name came up more often than I expected, but it makes sense. It was a mistake leaving him off the junk-pass list I wrote last week. He’s an all-timer when it comes to making something out of nothing — and the same issues we’d have bringing down Luck or Newton also apply here.