Other NHL games 2014-2015 season

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.
PghSkins
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: Other NHL games 2014-2015 season

Post by PghSkins »

Buffalo with a whole 10 shots on Bernier tonight. Sounds like a nice easy shutout.
Sigwolf
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Sigwolf »

pens2005 wrote:The way the flyers just won is so...typical...

I...hate...that...team!!!
I don't even understand why that goal counted. I didn't have audio to hear the explanation, but it was waved off on the ice and Schenn clearly pushed the goalie into the net with the puck. How is that overturned?
Dickie Dunn
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Dickie Dunn »

PghSkins wrote:Buffalo with a whole 10 shots on Bernier tonight. Sounds like a nice easy shutout.
They are impressively bad.
Beveridge
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Beveridge »

If I'm Buffalo, my number 1 goal is McDavid. There would be no shame to even admit it.
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Letang Is The Truth »

if some how the islanders dropped out of playoff contention and completely sucked and the sabres ended up getting mcdavid and eichel, my heart would explode
swflyers8
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by swflyers8 »

Sigwolf wrote:

I don't even understand why that goal counted. I didn't have audio to hear the explanation, but it was waved off on the ice and Schenn clearly pushed the goalie into the net with the puck. How is that overturned?
Schenn did not push Quick into the net. Quick's momentum did that.
MalkinIsMyHomeboy
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by MalkinIsMyHomeboy »

Moore suspended 5 games
meow
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by meow »

Moore gets 5 and Kreider gets off? M'kay
Sigwolf
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Sigwolf »

swflyers8 wrote:
Sigwolf wrote:

Schenn did not push Quick into the net. Quick's momentum did that.

Rigggggggght.
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by mikey287 »

The only thing I took offense to really in that Kings/Flyers game was that two people that have played in the NHL (Bill Clement and Chris Therien) both stated, unprovoked, that a skate cannot propel a goalie back into the net...like the physics of it are impossible. Patric Hornqvist - in our game - used his stick to shuffleboard Cory Schneider into the net, I've done it before and I'm not as big as Hornqvist, I mean, to think that Brayden Schenn skating into Quick and dragging it like that couldn't propel Quick into the net is absurd. I'm not saying it did or didn't, in fact, I honestly don't know what I would have called there even after replaying it, but to say that it's impossible and has never happened is why they are rated as the biggest homers and fools in the regional broadcast circuit...
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

lol at the phantom penalty call and waived off goal in WSH.
Factorial
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Factorial »

mikey287 wrote:The only thing I took offense to really in that Kings/Flyers game was that two people that have played in the NHL (Bill Clement and Chris Therien) both stated, unprovoked, that a skate cannot propel a goalie back into the net...like the physics of it are impossible. Patric Hornqvist - in our game - used his stick to shuffleboard Cory Schneider into the net, I've done it before and I'm not as big as Hornqvist, I mean, to think that Brayden Schenn skating into Quick and dragging it like that couldn't propel Quick into the net is absurd. I'm not saying it did or didn't, in fact, I honestly don't know what I would have called there even after replaying it, but to say that it's impossible and has never happened is why they are rated as the biggest homers and fools in the regional broadcast circuit...
I used to like Clement when he was on ESPN, or whatever channel that was years ago, but he is unbearable on that Flyer channel.
profpolisci
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by profpolisci »

Orpeck. Difference maker
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by mikey287 »

Factorial wrote:
mikey287 wrote:The only thing I took offense to really in that Kings/Flyers game was that two people that have played in the NHL (Bill Clement and Chris Therien) both stated, unprovoked, that a skate cannot propel a goalie back into the net...like the physics of it are impossible. Patric Hornqvist - in our game - used his stick to shuffleboard Cory Schneider into the net, I've done it before and I'm not as big as Hornqvist, I mean, to think that Brayden Schenn skating into Quick and dragging it like that couldn't propel Quick into the net is absurd. I'm not saying it did or didn't, in fact, I honestly don't know what I would have called there even after replaying it, but to say that it's impossible and has never happened is why they are rated as the biggest homers and fools in the regional broadcast circuit...
I used to like Clement when he was on ESPN, or whatever channel that was years ago, but he is unbearable on that Flyer channel.
Same.

Also, unrelated, I feel bad that such an officiating mistake - about as egregious as you can make - is displayed on national television...that's really too bad...
Avyran
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Avyran »

If it helps to force the NHL to have a higher standard of officiating, I'm for it & don't mind refs being exposed for a stupid call. (Edit: Upon the replay... INCREDIBLY stupid call.)

But then again, i'm really not into the double/triple-standard of officiating - regular season vs. playoffs, 5v5 vs. penalty killing, overtime vs. 1st period, etc. I want consistency.

Also wasn't into the clutch & grab hockey. :P
offsides
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by offsides »

That is the Orpeck I remember.
Orlando Penguin
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Orlando Penguin »

When I flipped to that game in OT on GameCenter last night following the Pens game, I couldn't move fast enough to switch off the Flyers audio and go to the Kings audio. As soon as I hear Jeff Jackson's whiny voice, my ears begin to bleed.
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

I can't really feel sorry for Holtby, after what went down in the first period.
offsides
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by offsides »

The great ape goes a little ape ****.
Faubert5
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
Location: Formerly known as NashvilleCat - don't want any association with the Predators.

Post by Faubert5 »

How does that POS Ovechkin not get a penalty at the end of regulation there? Completely ignoring the action on the ice to crosscheck and slash a guy. Can't believe the Wings didn't get a call there.
offsides
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by offsides »

NashvilleCat wrote:How does that POS Ovechkin not get a penalty at the end of regulation there? Completely ignoring the action on the ice to crosscheck and slash a guy. Can't believe the Wings didn't get a call there.
As Pierre would say.................PASSION.
Faubert5
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
Location: Formerly known as NashvilleCat - don't want any association with the Predators.

Post by Faubert5 »

offsides wrote:
NashvilleCat wrote:How does that POS Ovechkin not get a penalty at the end of regulation there? Completely ignoring the action on the ice to crosscheck and slash a guy. Can't believe the Wings didn't get a call there.
As Pierre would say.................PASSION.
Imagine if Sid did something like that - the NBC team would lose their minds.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

no exaggeration...this is the worst call in the history of the NHL

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (Goal waived off; Goaltender Interference (2:00) on top of it)
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sam's Drunk Dog »

Wow. Did Leonis make that call?
Jim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Jim »

canaan wrote:no exaggeration...this is the worst call in the history of the NHL

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (Goal waived off; Goaltender Interference (2:00) on top of it)
I swear that this kind of stuff (not THIS bad, but not that far off) happens in every Caps game. Phantom calls against opponents and yet Ovi could skate around the ice charging and elbowing people every shift and never get called.