The Walking Dead

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Re: The Walking Dead

Post by shmenguin »

Yeah he told Carol that to convince her he was back to normal - which he's not. He's ashamed.
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by nocera »

Pitt87 wrote:
newarenanow wrote:
PensFanInDC wrote:Am I the only one that heard Tyrese say he killed the guy? I mean, I guess he could have been lying but what point would that make?
I don't remember him saying that. I remember Carol was going to go into the cabin, and Tyrese stopped her and kind of gave here a look like "he's taken care of". And even if he did say it, he could have been lying.
From http://walkingdead.wikia.com/wiki/Season_5
Spoiler:
As the group rests, Tyreese tells Carol that he killed Martin
I will say this... the show will lose a ton of parents if they kill a baby. I will be one of them.
What if they tell you they sent the baby to a farm where it can run and play all day?
Pitt87
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
Location: Admin wrote:Rooting for the Flyers is not allowed here. Seriously.

Post by Pitt87 »

nocera wrote:
Pitt87 wrote:
newarenanow wrote:
PensFanInDC wrote:Am I the only one that heard Tyrese say he killed the guy? I mean, I guess he could have been lying but what point would that make?
I don't remember him saying that. I remember Carol was going to go into the cabin, and Tyrese stopped her and kind of gave here a look like "he's taken care of". And even if he did say it, he could have been lying.
Spoiler:
I will say this... the show will lose a ton of parents if they kill a baby. I will be one of them.
What if they tell you they sent the baby to a farm where it can run and play all day?
Not sure if you're serious or not. In case you are... she's a character now... they can't get away with stashing her away for a few seasons.

In case youre not... you'll understand when you're older, son. :wink:
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

From a narrative standpoint, they can't ignore that having a baby around is a source of danger. They can deal with it in two ways:

1.) Someone else dies, because she puts them in danger.
2.) She dies (and very possibly also #1 in the process).
Gaucho
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Gaucho »

A show is a show is a show.
Pitt87
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
Location: Admin wrote:Rooting for the Flyers is not allowed here. Seriously.

Post by Pitt87 »

columbia wrote:From a narrative standpoint, they can't ignore that having a baby around is a source of danger. They can deal with it in two ways:

1.) Someone else dies, because she puts them in danger.
2.) She dies (and very possibly also #1 in the process).
They also have a tendency to tie major deaths back to the comic, which supports #2. It would be a major turning point. Like a beginning-of-the-end level event.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Pitt87 wrote: I will say this... the show will lose a ton of parents if they kill a baby. I will be one of them.
It will be extremely hard to watch. But I won't stop watching the show. I know it's just a show. But being a parent it would be hard.

Either one of two things will happen.

1) She dies this season as a baby.

2) They get to Alexandra or somehwere, settle for a period of time, and they kind of do a "flash forward" in the show like a year or two later, but instead of her being 2 or 3 years old, she'll be like 6 or 7 and she dies then.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

They already did the grief thing with Rick thinking he lost Judith. Doing it again would be bad for the show. Someone will definately die to protect her and I like the idea of a flash forward after some time of longer normalcy than even the prison. We have gone maybe 2 years since the start of the outbreak but we are in season 5. They need to accelerate the timeline probably more for Carl's benefit than the baby unless they kill him too.
tfrizz
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by tfrizz »

Pitt87 wrote:
newarenanow wrote:
Spoiler:
Apparently, Judith was supposed to be killed off last season and AMC execs told them they can't kill a baby.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

DelPen wrote:They already did the grief thing with Rick thinking he lost Judith. Doing it again would be bad for the show. Someone will definately die to protect her and I like the idea of a flash forward after some time of longer normalcy than even the prison. We have gone maybe 2 years since the start of the outbreak but we are in season 5. They need to accelerate the timeline probably more for Carl's benefit than the baby unless they kill him too.
It's funny watching an old episode from season 1 and seeing Carl now. Boy definitely has grown.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

tfrizz wrote:
Pitt87 wrote:
newarenanow wrote:
Spoiler:
Apparently, Judith was supposed to be killed off last season and AMC execs told them they can't kill a baby.
I never heard that. Really?
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

[youtube][/youtube]
JeffDFD
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by JeffDFD »

So I have read the comic up to almost the most recent issue. I started reading maybe half way through season 3 or so. I cannot decide what I like more - The not knowing what the heck is going on (like the posts I read here) and being excited for the unknown...or knowing what happens in the comic and getting pumped when a little bit is revealed in the show as to where things are leading.

I think I like knowing the comic more. I am already super pumped for that moment when...at the end of a show, in a next episode teaser, or in a finale - we see a clip of a guy introducing himself as Negan. Kind of like how they introduced Michonne. Everyone that knew the comic was all pumped she was teased at the end of a season. Should be fun.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

I know the comics aren't being followed religiously but what number comic book would it be safe to read up to to not get spoiled on the show?
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

Admin wrote:I know the comics aren't being followed religiously but what number comic book would it be safe to read up to to not get spoiled on the show?
Compendium #1 ends at the end of the Prison
Sigwolf
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Sigwolf »

PensFanInDC wrote:
Admin wrote:I know the comics aren't being followed religiously but what number comic book would it be safe to read up to to not get spoiled on the show?
Compendium #1 ends at the end of the Prison
That would be #48, I believe.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

JeffDFD wrote:Kind of like how they introduced Michonne. Everyone that knew the comic was all pumped she was teased at the end of a season. Should be fun.
i don't read the comments, but i imagine everyone who has was pretty let down by her character.
JeffDFD
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by JeffDFD »

shmenguin wrote:
JeffDFD wrote:Kind of like how they introduced Michonne. Everyone that knew the comic was all pumped she was teased at the end of a season. Should be fun.
i don't read the comments, but i imagine everyone who has was pretty let down by her character.
They were excited to see her at the end of the one season, knowing what it meant for the upcoming season. As far as her character development...people complained that you can't keep her as the quiet moody woman in the corner all series....she has come a long way now, though.
JeffDFD
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by JeffDFD »

The dialogue at the end of the last episode - our lovely BobBQ eaters ( :pop: ) called themselves "Hunters." Comics 62-65 are subtitled "Fear the Hunters." We meet Gabriel in #61.
JeffDFD
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by JeffDFD »

Also important to note that there is no Terminus in the comic. So don't keep reading looking for that to judge where to stop.
FreeCandy44
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by FreeCandy44 »

BobBQ makes me smile when I read it.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

If they follow the comics closely here is what will happen the next 2-3 epsiodes from the comics, Volume 11:
Spoiler:
http://walkingdead.wikia.com/wiki/Volum ... he_Hunters
Bob is subsituting for Dale who burst out in laughter after they ate his leg because he was bitten. Bob looked like he was starting to cry but may be the start of a maniacal laugh.
Bob will be dumped by the church and someone will shoot the group, someone will get a flesh wound, nothing serious.
We find out Gabriel survived by locking everyone out hence the you will burn carving and his guilt
The eventually track down the hunters and Rick talks to them alone with a sniper, probably Carol who has morphed into Andrea from the comics, taking off ears and fingers whenver Rick shoots them with his finger.
Remember ALL of the teddy bears in the store room at terminus but we didn't see any children? They were eating children too, easy prey.
This makes Ricks group really want to torture and kill them which disgusts Gabriel.
And one thing from a preview:
Spoiler:
we see a POV of someone with blurry vision watching Rick walk away with a machete, I'm guessing he makes true his promise to kill Gareth with a red handled machete
Episode 8 is called Fear the Hunters so I'm pretty sure they wrap up this story in the first half. Then we have the Beth side strory which I have no idea where it's going.

But for the 2nd half:
Spoiler:
The probably make it to alexandria which is what Woodbury could have been had the Governor not been insane. They started pushing the retrun to a normal life with Bob's discussion with Rick last epsiode and the whole ides of being able to go back to normal and what normal even is. More and a long payoff to what should be a great 6th and 7th season. Season 6 should end with Lucille :)
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

Sasha (not Carol) is Andrea...from what I've heard.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

FreeCandy44 wrote:BobBQ makes me smile when I read it.
Boburitto
Bobwhich
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

Anyone comment about all the stuffed animals in the inventory room at Terminus but no kids were running around?