TV Shows

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Re: TV Shows

Post by newarenanow »

How was Gotham. I didn't get to watch it yet, so no need to get into details, but is it better?
blackjack68
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by blackjack68 »

Good comic book reference this week.
Dickie Dunn
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Dickie Dunn »

newarenanow wrote:How was Gotham. I didn't get to watch it yet, so no need to get into details, but is it better?
Thought it was the best episode yet. The kid playing Bruce Wayne is really good actor. Also saw that Tommy Elliot will be making an appearance at some point this season. I wonder if Roman Sionis will be incorporated at some point. If they're going to cram the entire rogues gallery down our throats, they might as well throw in the ones that are Bruce's age, especially since they've aged Harvey Dent.
Pavel Bure
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pavel Bure »

There's a show called "The Listener" about a guy who can kinda read minds and... Listen. Wow
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by eddysnake »

the new Star Wars Rebels cartoon is getting better with each episode. I'm pretty sure it takes place between ep 3 and 4. They do a nice job tying in thing from the original storyline with punching you in the face with it.
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Letang Is The Truth »

blacklist
Spoiler:
is red lizzie's dad or not
blackjack68
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by blackjack68 »

That is the question.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Dickie Dunn wrote:
newarenanow wrote:How was Gotham. I didn't get to watch it yet, so no need to get into details, but is it better?
Thought it was the best episode yet. The kid playing Bruce Wayne is really good actor. Also saw that Tommy Elliot will be making an appearance at some point this season. I wonder if Roman Sionis will be incorporated at some point. If they're going to cram the entire rogues gallery down our throats, they might as well throw in the ones that are Bruce's age, especially since they've aged Harvey Dent.
I watched it last night and I thought the same thing. Best one yet. Hopefully it keeps working out the kinks and catches on.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

eddysnake wrote:the new Star Wars Rebels cartoon is getting better with each episode. I'm pretty sure it takes place between ep 3 and 4. They do a nice job tying in thing from the original storyline with punching you in the face with it.
I haven't got to watch any yet, but I heard it was great. I'd like to catch a few.

Yes, it takes place between 3 and 4.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

Letang Is The Truth wrote:blacklist
Spoiler:
First, Red Lizzie would be an awesome name for a Think Lizzy cover band.

Second, a Thin Lizzy cover band would be stupid.

Thirst, I was digging the 'is she, isn't she' thing for a while. It's old now. Give us something and let's move on. I'm willing to bet the 'what's behind the door' reveal won't be anything near as big as we want it to be.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

newarenanow wrote:
eddysnake wrote:the new Star Wars Rebels cartoon is getting better with each episode. I'm pretty sure it takes place between ep 3 and 4. They do a nice job tying in thing from the original storyline with punching you in the face with it.
I haven't got to watch any yet, but I heard it was great. I'd like to catch a few.

Honest question, is this for kids? I mean, is it for kids but parents can enjoy it too or is it just for everyone?
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by eddysnake »

PensFanInDC wrote:
newarenanow wrote:

Honest question, is this for kids? I mean, is it for kids but parents can enjoy it too or is it just for everyone?
Pretty much everyone. I was a little worried about the characters in the first episode, but after 3 or 4 and the introduction of the bad guy (who is awesome), I'm happy to say I was just as if not more excited about the last episode than my kids. There are definitely certain things for the little ones, but it's done really well for star wars fans in general.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

Star Wars spans age gaps really well so I was hoping for something along those lines. There are certainly some Star Wars stuff that is geared toward kids and I was making sure this wasn't one of them.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

PensFanInDC wrote:
newarenanow wrote:

I haven't watched Rebels yet, but if it's like Clone Wars, it has elements that are geared towards kids, but overall, adults can definitely enjoy it.

Like you said, Star Wars spans all generations.
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Letang Is The Truth »

PensFanInDC wrote:
Spoiler:

Thirst, I was digging the 'is she, isn't she' thing for a while. It's old now. Give us something and let's move on. I'm willing to bet the 'what's behind the door' reveal won't be anything near as big as we want it to be.
agreed
Spangler
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Spangler »

newarenanow wrote:
PensFanInDC wrote:
newarenanow wrote:

I haven't watched Rebels yet, but if it's like Clone Wars, it has elements that are geared towards kids, but overall, adults can definitely enjoy it.

I'm having a hard time picturing Rebels reaching the same tone as the Clone Wars. I just finished watching the Clone Wars series, and that show got more and more dark as the series went on.
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by eddysnake »

Spangler wrote:
newarenanow wrote:
PensFanInDC wrote:
newarenanow wrote:

I'm having a hard time picturing Rebels reaching the same tone as the Clone Wars. I just finished watching the Clone Wars series, and that show got more and more dark as the series went on.
I'd say this is more fun compared to what I've seen of Clone Wars.

from Wiki
Star Wars Rebels is an American animated television series produced by Lucasfilm and Lucasfilm Animation. Set 14 years after Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith and 5 years before Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope, Rebels takes place during an era when the Galactic Empire is securing its grip on the galaxy. Imperial forces are hunting down the last of the Jedi Knights while a fledgling rebellion against the Empire is taking form.
MalkinIsMyHomeboy
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by MalkinIsMyHomeboy »

did anyone catch last night's 30 for 30?

how was it?
dodint
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dodint »

I assume it's a bunch of NY fapping. Especially after listening to Rappaport on Stern yesterday.

So you'll like it.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

Gotham:
Spoiler:
I thought this week's Gotham may have been the best yet. The guy playing the Penguin and the kid playing Bruce Wayne have been the strongest so far.
pens9192
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by pens9192 »

PensFanInDC wrote:
Spoiler:

I also agree. I had the same thoughts regarding The Mentalist about who Red John was. Stop dragging it out.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

Anyone else bothered to watch the 2nd or 3rd eps of Gracepoint? I'm halfway through the second and so far it's still parallel. Wonder how much to watch before the divergence.
Dickie Dunn
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Dickie Dunn »

Morena Baccarin added to the cast of Gotham as Dr. Leslie Tompkins.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

things are bleak. it's the new season, and this thread is 90% about gotham and the blacklist.

there is nothing going on anymore
knives of ice
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by knives of ice »

i really enjoyed the foo fighters series on HBO looking forward to the rest of the episodes.

can't believe it but i actually think the new season of homeland is really solid thus far and i expected a complete dumpster fire. quinn is a great character and the fact he is more involved in the episodes definitely helps.

The Affair on Showtime is pretty promising as well.