TV Shows

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
tfrizz
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Re: TV Shows

Post by tfrizz »

shafnutz05 wrote:
newarenanow wrote:I just watched the most recent Gotham. I didn't think it was as bad as some of the reviews stated it to be. I actually thought it was the best episode so far.
If you are referring to E4, I thought it was pretty good too. There are still some cringeworthy moments (some of which were mentioned in the AV Club review posted above), but overall I enjoyed it.

I know it's been mentioned in this thread already, but the consensus is that The Flash is really good? I'm just so skeptical of anything coming from the CW.
The Flash has had a really solid start. The big plus is that it's being done by the same bunch that do Arrow, but is a little more light-hearted.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

tfrizz wrote:
shafnutz05 wrote:
newarenanow wrote:I just watched the most recent Gotham. I didn't think it was as bad as some of the reviews stated it to be. I actually thought it was the best episode so far.
If you are referring to E4, I thought it was pretty good too. There are still some cringeworthy moments (some of which were mentioned in the AV Club review posted above), but overall I enjoyed it.

I know it's been mentioned in this thread already, but the consensus is that The Flash is really good? I'm just so skeptical of anything coming from the CW.
The Flash has had a really solid start. The big plus is that it's being done by the same bunch that do Arrow, but is a little more light-hearted.
Agreed - this week's Gotham seemed to be the best yet, plus I found the 2nd ep of the Flash to have been better than the pilot.

Also, Arrow - 2nd ep:
Spoiler:
Thought this one was good - hard to live up to the surprise death at the end of the premiere but the reactions in such cases can appear genuine, and I think they accomplish that here. Kind of similar to the Bones Season 10 premiere and 2nd ep reactions.
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by eddysnake »

relantel wrote:
tfrizz wrote:
shafnutz05 wrote:

Agreed - this week's Gotham seemed to be the best yet, plus I found the 2nd ep of the Flash to have been better than the pilot.

Also, Arrow - 2nd ep:
Spoiler:
Thought this one was good - hard to live up to the surprise death at the end of the premiere but the reactions in such cases can appear genuine, and I think they accomplish that here. Kind of similar to the Bones Season 10 premiere and 2nd ep reactions.
arrow ep 2
Spoiler:
did I miss something or was there just some random guy dressed in black shooting people with arrows. Did they explain who the guy they caught was?
Flash has been OK, I'm going to give it some time to build, but I really don't like this Tom Cavanaugh guy
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by eddysnake »

twin peaks update:
win Peaks is making its triumphant return 25 years after the series debuted with a new season on Showtime and a just announced book by Mark Frost, co-creator and executive producer of the popular TV series with David Lynch.
Flatiron Books, a division of Macmillan, will publish The Secret Lives of Twin Peaks, an inside look into what has happened to the iconic characters of iconic fictional town since audiences last saw them more than two decades ago.
The book promises to offer a deeper look into the central mystery of the original series, which ended abruptly, leaving many plot points unresolved.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/t ... ers-741319
tfrizz
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by tfrizz »

eddysnake wrote:
relantel wrote:
tfrizz wrote:
shafnutz05 wrote:

Also, Arrow - 2nd ep:
Spoiler:
arrow ep 2
Spoiler:
did I miss something or was there just some random guy dressed in black shooting people with arrows. Did they explain who the guy they caught was?
Flash has been OK, I'm going to give it some time to build, but I really don't like this Tom Cavanaugh guy
Arrow Ep 2:
Spoiler:
The "random guy" was Simon Lacroix (aka "Komodo"). He was really just there to misdirect the search for Sara's killer. The story in the show was that he was a mercenary hired to stop an oil pipeline from being built.
The Flash:
Spoiler:
The theory is that Cavanaugh's character, Harrison Wells, is actually Eobard Thawne (aka "Reverse-Flash"). Thawne started out as The Flash's biggest fan and evolved into a supervillian. He's also likely the killer of Barry's mother.
dodint
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dodint »

NBC is going to do a pilot for an American version of The IT Crowd. I don't trust any of the big 4 to do much of anything right, and feel like this is probably going to be a watered down version of Silicon Valley. Something like Silicon Valley meets The Big Bang Theory. Hokey and stupid and not cheeky at all. I wish AMC had picked it up first and made it a lighthearted version of Halt and Catch Fire.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

I'm only 13.5 hours behind on my DVR now. Woo!
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

the wicked child wrote:I'm only 13.5 hours behind on my DVR now. Woo!
that's practically caught up!
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

Mulaley - second ep better than the pilot. But pales to where New Girl was this week.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

relantel wrote:Mulaley - second ep better than the pilot. But pales to where New Girl was this week.
i like new girl and all, but i don't get why this weeks episode struck your fancy the way it did. it was fine, but not really a stand out episode.
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Letang Is The Truth »

shmenguin wrote:
relantel wrote:Mulaley - second ep better than the pilot. But pales to where New Girl was this week.
i like new girl and all, but i don't get why this weeks episode struck your fancy the way it did. it was fine, but not really a stand out episode.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Letang Is The Truth wrote:
shmenguin wrote:
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

I like blackish so far.
Digitalgypsy66
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Digitalgypsy66 »

Watched the new Dave Grohl produced, directed show on HBO, Sonic Highways.

Very interesting, as it will be a week in a different city where the Foo Fighters record a new song with local musicians. This week, it was Chicago, where Chess Records, Buddy Guy, Rick Nielsen, and Steve Albini - as well as Grohl's cousin's punk rock band from the 80s - were mentioned. Some great footage and interviews. A little all over the place, but very interesting.
FreeCandy44
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by FreeCandy44 »

Very good Simpsons Halloween episode....
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

It aired already? It usually airs the week after Halloween.
shoeshine boy
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by shoeshine boy »

PensFanInDC wrote:It aired already? It usually airs the week after Halloween.
no baseball to get in the way this year.....
Loaf31
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Loaf31 »

Watched The League from last week... Very good episode. This whole season has been great IMO
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

caught up on modern family thus far. thought a few were hilarious
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

Brooklyn 99 had a Halloween themed episode last night. Watched this AM on hulu. (Call it the Captain's revenge if one recalls last year's Halloween episode)
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

relantel wrote:Brooklyn 99 had a Halloween themed episode last night. Watched this AM on hulu. (Call it the Captain's revenge if one recalls last year's Halloween episode)
I thought it was pretty good. Still have to watch the Simpsons Halloween episode. The early ones are my favorite.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

Homeland has been really good so far. It feels like a spin off and the Brody seasons are a totally different entity.
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

PensFanInDC wrote:Homeland has been really good so far. It feels like a spin off and the Brody seasons are a totally different entity.
Spoiler:
when carrie almost drowned the baby, i was about to lose it forever with that show
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

Letang Is The Truth wrote:
PensFanInDC wrote:Homeland has been really good so far. It feels like a spin off and the Brody seasons are a totally different entity.
Spoiler:
when carrie almost drowned the baby, i was about to lose it forever with that show
Same. If she went through with it I would have been. I hope the baby is wirtten out of the show and forgotten.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

Sleepy Hollow was....
Spoiler:
Sleepy? Or just predictable? It wasn't bad per se, but it's almost as if it's become the weekly thing to fight a paranormal entity conjured up to fight them.