*** Akallabêth ... Game Thread ***

Forum for NHR "Wars" Games
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: *** Akallabêth ... Game Thread ***

Post by MRandall25 »

We're all trying to kill reds, dodint. You need to understand that, out of 16 players in the game, 6 are RPs. I'd guess 3 of them are red (given the numbers that we had for this game). The rest are blues. The probability is fairly high that a blue is going to be killed on Day 1.

Trying to argue that you shouldn't be killed on Day 1 because you're blue is a waste of everybody's time because even if we do take our vote off of you, the likelihood of killing another blue with the vote is pretty high.
dodint
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dodint »

I don't have anything more to say other than I disagree at the most basic level. I understand and acknowledge that you can't possibly know that I'm blue and if you want to vote that way it's your choice.

I just think calling someone a 'whiner' and to 'just accept it' when defending themselves isn't quality play from a strategy standpoint if you're not red.

I'd prefer if people just vote either way and get it over with. The non-voters and single digit voters out there are holding this thing up, not me. My vote is cast. I'm just jabbering while I wait.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

Aren't the odds of Doc and Dodint being blue the same?

I totally agree with MRandall as I have also been in those shoes. To me I would rather keep around a vocal player and ditch a possible psycho. Shad convinced me of that.
Crankshaft
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Crankshaft »

There is a difference between being vocal and being helpful. I wouldn't classify dodint's self proclaimed jabber as being helpful.
dodint
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dodint »

MRandall25 wrote: Trying to argue that you shouldn't be killed on Day 1 because you're blue is a waste of everybody's time because even if we do take our vote off of you, the likelihood of killing another blue with the vote is pretty high.
Let them defend themselves.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

PensFanInDC wrote:Aren't the odds of Doc and Dodint being blue the same?

I totally agree with MRandall as I have also been in those shoes. To me I would rather keep around a vocal player and ditch a possible psycho. Shad convinced me of that.
Meaning that if it's between 2 players on day 1 I would rather kill the silent schizophrenic and let the vocal cheese head live
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

dodint wrote:
MRandall25 wrote: Trying to argue that you shouldn't be killed on Day 1 because you're blue is a waste of everybody's time because even if we do take our vote off of you, the likelihood of killing another blue with the vote is pretty high.
Let them defend themselves.
How!? It is IMPOSSIBLE to defend yourself on day 1 save for a role claim (check...)

On future days you can use voting habits and other posts to defend yourself but on day 1 there is nothing. I will, however, say that while your defense as a whole convinces me of nothing, the fact that you are trying to defend yourself and there are 2 silent players makes the decision easier to vote off a silent player.
MalkinIsMyHomeboy
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by MalkinIsMyHomeboy »

Gaucho wrote:Staying alive I mean.
To me, it is. If I'm a townie and the town wins, I don't feel as if it's a victory for me. Because I'm dead. When you're dead, you can't be happy or sad. Because you're dead.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MRandall25 »

dodint wrote:I just think calling someone a 'whiner' and to 'just accept it' when defending themselves isn't quality play from a strategy standpoint if you're not red.
But saying "WE CAN'T WASTE A DAY KILL ON A BLUE" is not defending yourself. It's complaining because you don't want to be voted out.

Again, I've been in your shoes plenty of times. It's better to say you're blue, and let it go. Staunchly defending your supposed blue-ness doesn't win you any favors and ends up getting you killed faster than if you just say your peace and let the hammer fall where it may.

You need to get a few more games under your belt, and you'll probably understand why this is the case. All I can go off is my experience playing these games and doing exactly what you're doing right now. It's not helpful to anyone.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MRandall25 »

I mean, why else do you think I'm always on people's bad sides in these games?
obhave
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by obhave »

Just got yelled at by pfidc. Catching up
MalkinIsMyHomeboy
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by MalkinIsMyHomeboy »

it's still split between doc and dodint.

I agree with PFiDC's reasoning about killing doc, which is why I voted for him way before. They have equal odds to be red and doc is just going to be a deadbeat anyway.
dodint
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dodint »

You know what's not helpful to anyone? Not voting.

Everything else is just discourse.

You can't convince me that a blue should just silently stand by at his own hanging. Each blue voted out is a missed opportunity to get a red, it's simple. 15 players alive, if you buy that one is blue, that lowers it to 14 which improves your odds of getting a red. Presumably you're not red and you know that, so the odds are now 3/13. As the game goes on the odds get better.

You shouldn't vote just to 'get something done.' If you think I'm not blue, that's fine, all I have is my word. But just voting to get it done is lazy, even on Day 1.

If you want we can keep going back and forth, or we could compel people to vote, which is the only action that will advance the game right now, barring a daytime action.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MRandall25 »

dodint wrote:You know what's not helpful to anyone? Not voting.
I voted for you like a page and a half ago.
dodint
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dodint »

Right. I'm saying generally. This would be over if the votes were in. I'm sure obhave will have theirs in soon, so that's something.
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

If I were to set a deadline it would be around 6 PM, but there's a good chance I'll be gone for an hour or so on either side of that. So we'll see.
Gaucho
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Gaucho »

save Crank

lynch Doc
obhave
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by obhave »

Dodint isn't striking me as red, just an overly zealous blue. Not exactly helpful, but at least in games we can count on him to be around and participating.

I will lynch doc. Color please. When he is a green rp he tends to be very active, as he is not around, I dont think we risk killing a green.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

obhave wrote:Dodint isn't striking me as red, just an overly zealous blue. Not exactly helpful, but at least in games we can count on him to be around and participating.

I will lynch doc. Color please. When he is a green rp he tends to be very active, as he is not around, I dont think we risk killing a green.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

Taken from redwill's last count

Current count:

7 - DocEmrick (Zarovich, MalkinIsMyHomeboy, dodint, shafnutz, PFIDC, Gaucho, obhave)
5 - dodint (SDD, BigMcK, Crankshaft, tfrizz, MRandall)
1 - Willie Kool)
1 - Zarovich (CBear3)

9 to kill.
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

Thanks, PFIDC. But you cut off WK's vote.

Current count:

7 - DocEmrick (Zarovich, MalkinIsMyHomeboy, dodint, shafnutz, PFIDC, Gaucho, obhave)
5 - dodint (SDD, BigMcK, Crankshaft, tfrizz, MRandall)
1 - Crankshaft (Willie Kool)
1 - Zarovich (CBear3)

9 to kill.
Crankshaft
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Crankshaft »

I hate flip flopping twice in a day but I'll switch from Dodint to Doc to get closer to a decision. I'm on my phone, if someone could color my switch.

Dodint has whined his way off the chopping block.
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

Crankshaft wrote:I hate flip flopping twice in a day but I'll switch from Dodint to Doc to get closer to a decision. I'm on my phone, if someone could color my switch.

Dodint has whined his way off the chopping block.
Gaucho
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Gaucho »

I'm thinking about switching back to Crank.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »