*** Akallabêth ... Game Thread ***

Forum for NHR "Wars" Games
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Re: *** Akallabêth ... Game Thread ***

Post by shafnutz05 »

MRandall25 wrote: It's better if you just accept it and quit whining about how "dumb" it is to kill a blue on Day 1
Pot meet kettle :pop:
MalkinIsMyHomeboy
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by MalkinIsMyHomeboy »

usually at this point I would recommend we vote no lynch because odds are we're going to end up lynching an innocent but the last time I did that I was lynched day 2 so I won't.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

dodint wrote:I have enough satisfaction in knowing that I'm right. What else would a blue say? It's not me or him, it's me or anybody. I'm giving as much fact as I can before I get hung to show how 'dumb' the vote is.

The village already lost a blue, I'd be the second. If you're okay with that, cool. Should make voting easier for others down the line.
How is it a dumb vote? It's day 1. We have a role claim (mine) and nothing else. Why is it dumb to vote for anyone on day 1? It's not. There is NOTHING to go on so its a crapshoot. This is why I hate it when people yell OMGZ HES A BAD GUY! when someone posts a random.org on day 1.

If this were day 3 or 4 (maybe even day 2) and there was even remotely something else I could see why it could be dumb. Truthfully, I don't really doubt you are blue but I have no idea who is red and we need to get this thing moving. It happens to everyone at some point. It was going to happen to me but I claimed my role.

I know I know...I'm probably lying just to live right? :roll: But it's true. If I were blue I would have posted a few quirky comments (that I am sure would only be funny to me and annoying to everyone else) and died off. I'm due for a bangwagon...
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MRandall25 »

shafnutz05 wrote:
MRandall25 wrote: It's better if you just accept it and quit whining about how "dumb" it is to kill a blue on Day 1
I know, that's why I'm saying it. I realize how dumb I look now.
dodint
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dodint »

Dumb wasn't even my word.

What's the value of a blue going silently into the night? Help me here. The only valid reason is it guarantees that a good faction player isn't killed in the process. Maybe the dynamic of this game is different, the last one of these only had one villager. If blues are completely worthless why even have them? Help me understand why I should put myself out onto the ice floe?
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MRandall25 »

MRandall25 wrote:
shafnutz05 wrote:
I know, that's why I'm saying it. I realize how dumb I looked now.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

shafnutz05 wrote:save Dodint

lynch Doc

On second thought, I would rather have dodint around who is actually going to participate, this definitely feels like one of those Doc shows up four days into the game kind of games.
This makes sense :scared:
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

DAMN IT!!!

save dodint
kill Doc
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

shafnutz05 wrote:...this definitely feels like one of those Doc shows up four days into the game kind of games.
I said before that he usually messes up a game more than helps it. MRandall had some good points about dodint but if this is all we have to go on let's keep the vocal player alive for now.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MRandall25 »

dodint wrote:Dumb wasn't even my word.

What's the value of a blue going silently into the night? Help me here. The only valid reason is it guarantees that a good faction player isn't killed in the process. Maybe the dynamic of this game is different, the last one of these only had one villager. If blues are completely worthless why even have them? Help me understand why I should put myself out onto the ice floe?
The more you sit here and complain about being a blue killed on Day 1, the more you look like you're a red trying to defend yourself.

Any way you handle this, you're going to likely be killed. That's how the game goes.

As WK said a few games ago, sometimes you need to break an egg to make an omelette.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MRandall25 »

shafnutz05 wrote:
But hey, at least I'm speaking from experience :pop:
dodint
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dodint »

Last game I didn't talk the first two days to the point the mod contacted me asking if I knew the game even started. People got huffy about my silence. I don't really have a middle ground so this is what you get.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

I'd like to never be a green RP ever again.
MalkinIsMyHomeboy
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

MRandall25 wrote:
shafnutz05 wrote:
But hey, at least I'm speaking from experience :pop:
MRandall25 wrote:
shafnutz05 wrote:
I know, that's why I'm saying it. I realize how dumb I look now.
dodint
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dodint »

MRandall25 wrote:
dodint wrote:Dumb wasn't even my word.

The more you sit here and complain about being a blue killed on Day 1, the more you look like you're a red trying to defend yourself.

Any way you handle this, you're going to likely be killed. That's how the game goes.

As WK said a few games ago, sometimes you need to break an egg to make an omelette.
No, see. I genuinely would like you to help me understand why blues are useless and it's okay to kill them off. That it's actually preferrable to you that a blue not defend themselves but actually silently participate in their own downfall. If Doc is red that's a huge win for all the good guys. By me silently consenting to your killing of a blue I'm silently consenting to no effort being put to kill a red. So please explain to me why blues should go silently since you have SUCH. POWERFUL. FEELINGS. about it. Some would say that my effort is more admirable than yours because I know for a fact I have a chance to maybe kill a red, but by being silent I can only allow a blue to die.

I realize believing me is the leap of faith for you and I accept you can't believe that, but to ask me to just STFU and move on is criminal.

Yes, I'll probably be killed either way, but I'll die proud and doing the right thing.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MRandall25 »

There's a distinct difference between contributing to discussion and being active, and complaining that we're going to kill a blue on Day 1.

Sitting here and defending yourself by saying it's dumb to kill a blue on Day 1 makes you look suspicious. Blues get killed on Day 1 all the time, and like I've said multiple times, I've been in your shoes. It's better to accept it than to sit here and complain about killing a blue on Day 1 because it makes you look like a red trying to throw anything at the wall to make it stick.
Crankshaft
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Crankshaft »

This day phase sucks.
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

Current count:

5 - DocEmrick (Zarovich, MalkinIsMyHomeboy, dodint, shafnutz, PFIDC)
5 - dodint (SDD, BigMcK, Crankshaft, tfrizz, MRandall)
1 - Crankshaft (Gaucho, Willie Kool)
1 - Zarovich (CBear3)

9 to kill.
MalkinIsMyHomeboy
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

MRandall25 wrote:There's a distinct difference between contributing to discussion and being active, and complaining that we're going to kill a blue on Day 1.

Sitting here and defending yourself by saying it's dumb to kill a blue on Day 1 makes you look suspicious. Blues get killed on Day 1 all the time, and like I've said multiple times, I've been in your shoes. It's better to accept it than to sit here and complain about killing a blue on Day 1 because it makes you look like a red trying to throw anything at the wall to make it stick.
why would he accept it? the whole point of the game is to stay alive. I don't blame him for wanting to not die.
dodint
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dodint »

MRandall25 wrote: It's better to accept it than to sit here and complain about killing a blue on Day 1 because it makes you look like a red trying to throw anything at the wall to make it stick.
Woof.

Again, as a known blue (to myself) there is no downside to stopping my own death. I'm trying to vote out reds, I can't do that if I'm dead.

PFiDC role claimed his bandwagon before I starting 'whining.' My defense of blue did not lead to exposure of a green, just to reinforce that before it gets twisted later.
Gaucho
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Gaucho »

That's not really the point of the game.
dodint
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dodint »

The point of the game is to kill reds. My defense of myself is an earnest effort to increase the odds of that. I would sacrafice for the village if there were a proper way, but silent quasi-suicide isn't it.
Gaucho
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Gaucho »

Staying alive I mean.
Gaucho
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Gaucho »

It was meant as a response to MIMH
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MRandall25 »

Sometimes a villager just needs to accept that they're on the Day 1 chopping block.

More would be learned if dodint just lets it go than if we sit here and get in a pissing match because dodint doesn't want to be killed on day 1.

I honestly can't explain to you why that is, except that when you've been in dodint's position multiple times (and I have), you understand that it's a part of the game. Sometimes you learn more from the voting in killing off a blue than you do killing someone else (who is probably a blue).

There are way more blues than there are RPs (red and green) at the beginning of the game. Probability says you're probably going to kill a blue on the 1st day phase unless you get lucky or the seer rigs a random.org. That's just the way it is.

Again, I've been in dodint's shoes plenty of times, so I can speak to it from experience. Just let it go. You waste more time and gain more "enemies" (people who just want to get rid of you and move on) when you complain about it.