Canaan's thread of NPR chaos.

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.
npv708
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: Canaan's thread of NPR chaos.

Post by npv708 »

Just weird...

mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by mikey287 »

I have no affinity or sentimentality for Matt Niskanen, with respect. But I saw a portion of the game last night, and it was a touch uncomfortable seeing 44-Orpik playing for Washington...that's a lot of games I've witnessed where 44 was on our side...
Beveridge
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Beveridge »

Niskanen was just another flash in the pan for me. Brought in via trade, left via Free Agency, here for 3+ seasons. Orpik on the other hand had been here since the time that shall not be mentioned. He's a tough one to see in another sweater, let alone Washington.
npv708
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by npv708 »

mikey287 wrote:I have no affinity or sentimentality for Matt Niskanen, with respect. But I saw a portion of the game last night, and it was a touch uncomfortable seeing 44-Orpik playing for Washington...that's a lot of games I've witnessed where 44 was on our side...
Yeah, agree completely. It felt like I was watching a live-action video game with re-drafted rosters. It didn't seem real.

On a side note, that was one of the more fun preseason games I've been at in a while. It actually felt like it had a touch of the regular season, as both teams had pretty decent lineups.
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

mikey287 wrote:I have no affinity or sentimentality for Matt Niskanen, with respect. But I saw a portion of the game last night, and it was a touch uncomfortable seeing 44-Orpik playing for Washington...that's a lot of games I've witnessed where 44 was on our side...
I'm still disappointed by the "respect" many here showed, when he left.
Gaucho
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Gaucho »

Brooks Oprik is not playing for the Washington Capitals. Brooks Oprik is not playing for the Washington Capitals. Brooks Oprik is not playing for the Washington Capitals. Brooks Oprik is not playing for the Washington Capitals. Brooks Oprik is not playing for the Washington Capitals. Brooks Oprik is not playing for the Washington Capitals. Brooks Oprik is not playing for the Washington Capitals. Brooks Oprik is not playing for the Washington Capitals. Brooks Oprik is not playing for the Washington Capitals. Brooks Oprik is not playing for the Washington Capitals. Brooks Oprik is not playing for the Washington Capitals. Brooks Oprik is not playing for the Washington Capitals. Brooks Oprik is not playing for the Washington Capitals. Brooks Oprik is not playing for the Washington Capitals. Brooks Oprik is not playing for the Washington Capitals. Brooks Oprik is not playing for the Washington Capitals. Brooks Oprik is not playing for the Washington Capitals. Brooks Oprik is not playing for the Washington Capitals. Brooks Oprik is not playing for the Washington Capitals. Brooks Oprik is not playing for the Washington Capitals. Brooks Oprik is not playing for the Washington Capitals. Brooks Oprik is not playing for the Washington Capitals. Brooks Oprik is not playing for the Washington Capitals. Brooks Oprik is not playing for the Washington Capitals. Brooks Oprik is not playing for the Washington Capitals. Brooks Oprik is not playing for the Washington Capitals. Brooks Oprik is not playing for the Washington Capitals. Brooks Oprik is not playing for the Washington Capitals. Brooks Oprik is not playing for the Washington Capitals. Brooks Oprik is not playing for the Washington Capitals. Brooks Oprik is not playing for the Washington Capitals. Brooks Oprik is not playing for the Washington Capitals. Brooks Oprik is not playing for the Washington Capitals. Brooks Oprik is not playing for the Washington Capitals. Brooks Oprik is not playing for the Washington Capitals. Brooks Oprik is not playing for the Washington Capitals. Brooks Oprik is not playing for the Washington Capitals. Brooks Oprik is not playing for the Washington Capitals. Brooks Oprik is not playing for the Washington Capitals. Brooks Oprik is not playing for the Washington Capitals. Brooks Oprik is not playing for the Washington Capitals. Brooks Oprik is not playing for the Washington Capitals. Brooks Oprik is not playing for the Washington Capitals. Brooks Oprik is not playing for the Washington Capitals. Brooks Oprik is not playing for the Washington Capitals. Brooks Oprik is not playing for the Washington Capitals. Brooks Oprik is not playing for the Washington Capitals. Brooks Oprik is not playing for the Washington Capitals. Brooks Oprik is not playing for the Washington Capitals. Brooks Oprik is not playing for the Washington Capitals. Brooks Oprik is not playing for the Washington Capitals. Brooks Oprik is not playing for the Washington Capitals. Brooks Oprik is not playing for the Washington Capitals. Brooks Oprik is not playing for the Washington Capitals. Brooks Oprik is not playing for the Washington Capitals. Brooks Oprik is not playing for the Washington Capitals. Brooks Oprik is not playing for the Washington Capitals. Brooks Oprik is not playing for the Washington Capitals. Brooks Oprik is not playing for the Washington Capitals. Brooks Oprik is not playing for the Washington Capitals. Brooks Oprik is not playing for the Washington Capitals. Brooks Oprik is not playing for the Washington Capitals. Brooks Oprik is not playing for the Washington Capitals. Brooks Oprik is not playing for the Washington Capitals. Brooks Oprik is not playing for the Washington Capitals. Brooks Oprik is not playing for the Washington Capitals. Brooks Oprik is not playing for the Washington Capitals. Brooks Oprik is not playing for the Washington Capitals. Brooks Oprik is not playing for the Washington Capitals. Brooks Oprik is not playing for the Washington Capitals. Brooks Oprik is not playing for the Washington Capitals. Brooks Oprik is not playing for the Washington Capitals. Brooks Oprik is not playing for the Washington Capitals. Brooks Oprik is not playing for the Washington Capitals. Brooks Oprik is not playing for the Washington Capitals. Brooks Oprik is not playing for the Washington Capitals. Brooks Oprik is not playing for the Washington Capitals. Brooks Oprik is not playing for the Washington Capitals. Brooks Oprik is not playing for the Washington Capitals. Brooks Oprik is not playing for the Washington Capitals. Brooks Oprik is not playing for the Washington Capitals. Brooks Oprik is not playing for the Washington Capitals. Brooks Oprik is not playing for the Washington Capitals. Brooks Oprik is not playing for the Washington Capitals. Brooks Oprik is not playing for the Washington Capitals. Brooks Oprik is not playing for the Washington Capitals. Brooks Oprik is not playing for the Washington Capitals. Brooks Oprik is not playing for the Washington Capitals. Brooks Oprik is not playing for the Washington Capitals. Brooks Oprik is not playing for the Washington Capitals. Brooks Oprik is not playing for the Washington Capitals. Brooks Oprik is not playing for the Washington Capitals. Brooks Oprik is not playing for the Washington Capitals. Brooks Oprik is not playing for the Washington Capitals. Brooks Oprik is not playing for the Washington Capitals. Brooks Oprik is not playing for the Washington Capitals. Brooks Oprik is not playing for the Washington Capitals.
meow
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by meow »

columbia wrote:
Oh yea. Definitely a low light of my LGP experience. Venom is spewed too easily in PR and it can be sickening to think some people actually think like that.
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by mikey287 »

columbia wrote:
Re: Orpik, yes. That appreciation thread going like it did was the only thing that really has ever infuriated me on this board ever. It takes absolute classlessness to want to tear that down...trash.
Gaucho
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Gaucho »

Somewhere, Jim is very pleased with himself.
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by mikey287 »

Eric Tangradi on waivers today from Winnipeg...
Gaucho
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Gaucho »

If given a real chance, he could really blossom in our system.
Beveridge
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Beveridge »

mikey287 wrote:Eric Tangradi on waivers today from Winnipeg...

DropEmJayBird
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by DropEmJayBird »

Gaucho wrote:If given a real chance, he could really blossom in our system.
He is the main piece in this Anaheim/Pittsburgh trade.
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

DropEmJayBird wrote:
Gaucho wrote:If given a real chance, he could really blossom in our system.
He is the main piece in this Anaheim/Pittsburgh trade.
That idea still makes me chuckle.
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by nocera »

Carcilllo signs with Chicago. 1 year, 1 way, $550,000
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

At that price, I wish they would have signed him.
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by JS© »

mikey287 wrote:Eric Tangradi on waivers today from Winnipeg...
let the big dog eat.....in St. John's.
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

nocera wrote:Carcilllo signs with Chicago. 1 year, 1 way, $550,000
Overpaid...by about 525,000 a year.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

Johnny Boychuk to the Isles for 2 2nds and a conditional 3rd
profpolisci
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by profpolisci »

canaan wrote:Johnny Boychuk to the Isles for 2 2nds and a conditional 3rd
...which impresses me more than the Kulemin/Grabovski adds
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

It's easier to force someone to play for the Islanders than to convince them to do so.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

profpolisci wrote:
Supposedly Leddy may be dealt to the Isles today too.
BurghersAndDogsSports
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by BurghersAndDogsSports »

profpolisci wrote:
In a vacuum not a bad deal I don't think. But the Isles have a lot of defense prospects and he is only signed for this year I think? Unless I'm wrong man Snow could have given up a lot of 1st and 2nd rounders for guys who may not or wont play more than a year recently.

Either way this year definitively a better squad and it seems that might have another d trade with Chicago today too?

Edit: see above: Leddy from Blackhawks.
Jim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Jim »

Gaucho wrote:Somewhere, Jim is very pleased with himself.
I have Caps season tickets so I will still "get" to see him on a regular basis. :thumb:

I know that thread had negative stuff in it but I do not remember "venom" or actual "classlessness" Maybe I just did not get to see that specific stuff. However, it is not my fault if 9 out of 10 people positing in that thread had nothing positive to say about him. Truth hurts I guess.
Jim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Jim »

Eric Tangradi, LW - Traded For Peter Budaj and Patrick Holland

Why would you pass on a guy on waivers... then trade for him, giving up a so-so prospect and an okay backup goalie? You have plenty of cap space so Budaj's $1.4M doesn't seem like it would be the reason. Especially if you consider Tangradi/Holland a wash... you basically just gave Budaj away... ?