Your irrational pet peeves

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
Grunthy
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Re: Your irrational pet peeves

Post by Grunthy »

MalkinIsMyHomeboy wrote:People who claim cheerleading, gymnastics, Olympic events in general, sports.

They're not, shut up.
that is irrational, because they are...
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

the people that feel the need to argue they're not are just as annoying if not more annoying than people that try to argue they are. At the end of the day, what's it matter?
Grunthy
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Grunthy »

people that say so and so is just as annoying as the other. :pop:
Shyster
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Shyster »

MalkinIsMyHomeboy wrote:People who claim cheerleading, gymnastics, Olympic events in general, sports.

They're not, shut up.
In my book, some of them are; some of them aren't. My personal definition of a sport requires an objective determination of winning and losing. For example, most goals, most points, lowest time, closest to the bull's-eye, first across the finish line, etc. If scoring depends upon the subjective interpretation of judges, then to me it's not a sport. So Olympic track-and-field events are all sports to me, but gymnastic events are not because they're all judged.
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

Grunthy wrote:people that say so and so is just as annoying as the other. :pop:
0/10... just terrible.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

People that talk about UFC and/or MMA. It's mush brain level entertainment and the stereotypical watcher is somebody I have no want to talk to
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

canaan wrote:People that talk about UFC and/or MMA. It's mush brain level entertainment and the stereotypical watcher is somebody I have no want to talk to
Wanna come over for an mma ppv party?
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

I'll bring a charcuterie. Owen sold me a silver platter that would be perfect.
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

canaan wrote:I'll bring a charcuterie. Owen sold me a silver platter that would be perfect.
Would you come to my home to watch UFC it's a simple question don't jerk me around
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by mikey287 »

canaan wrote:People that talk about UFC and/or MMA. It's mush brain level entertainment and the stereotypical watcher is somebody I have no want to talk to
Gaucho
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Gaucho »

Sports are sports, art is art, work is work.
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sam's Drunk Dog »

The white water will get you wet.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

slappybrown wrote:
canaan wrote:I'll bring a charcuterie. Owen sold me a silver platter that would be perfect.
Would you come to my home to watch UFC it's a simple question don't jerk me around
I would come to your house for the top shelf liquor and to judge you on your china. Not idiots snuggling for Joe Rogans euphoria
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

The immediate urge people have to CC your boss, your boss' boss, and your boss' boss' boss on any slight **** misunderstanding. I wasn't sure about something, so I submitted something (no details necessary). An email back to me from the originator would have sufficed and cleared up said problem. Why is there a need to CC my two immediate supervisors? Especially when I have spoken with you before and we have a good rapport? Go die in a fire, *****.
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Letang Is The Truth »

called out
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

I have certainly done that before, but only after multiple frustrating e-mails trying to get that person to do something.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

shafnutz05 wrote:The immediate urge people have to CC your boss, your boss' boss, and your boss' boss' boss on any slight **** misunderstanding. I wasn't sure about something, so I submitted something (no details necessary). An email back to me from the originator would have sufficed and cleared up said problem. Why is there a need to CC my two immediate supervisors? Especially when I have spoken with you before and we have a good rapport? Go die in a fire, *****.

People can get in trouble when someone else makes a mistake. That's when I usually see this - and it's understandable. Not sure that applies to your situation though.

I have the luxury of not having to care about a boss, but I imagine it's not fun to be worried about such things.
Eismann
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Eismann »

shmenguin wrote:
shafnutz05 wrote:The immediate urge people have to CC your boss, your boss' boss, and your boss' boss' boss on any slight **** misunderstanding. I wasn't sure about something, so I submitted something (no details necessary). An email back to me from the originator would have sufficed and cleared up said problem. Why is there a need to CC my two immediate supervisors? Especially when I have spoken with you before and we have a good rapport? Go die in a fire, *****.

People can get in trouble when someone else makes a mistake. That's when I usually see this - and it's understandable. Not sure that applies to your situation though.

I have the luxury of not having to care about a boss, but I imagine it's not fun to be worried about such things.
I've found that it's a bs move most of the time and makes me really loathe the perp. Frickin pick up the phone, act like a human in a civilization and talk it out.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

I only do it if there's a significant amount of time where I'm not getting a response and time is of the essence.

My clients...if I had a boss to cc, they would probably do it every day because they're a bunch of sociopathic butt wads.
dodint
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dodint »

deja vu
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

That's outrageous. Doing something like that, especially if you're actually going two levels up, is a nuclear option.
meecrofilm
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by meecrofilm »

pens9192 wrote:2. Fake co-workers. Last week I called in sick (I wasn't at all) at work and took a mental health day off. It was great. I returned the next day feeling refreshed and looking like it, IMO and one of my co-workers told me, "How are you feeling? You still look so sick! You shouldn't have came back today." Umm? Are you being genuine or not?
Maybe you just have that perpetually-sick look :pop:
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

The only time including higher ups on an email chain is acceptable is when the person you are trying to contact simply refuses to respond (assuming the matter is actually important and not something silly like who should I start in FF this weekend). There is no quicker way to light a fire under someone's ass.

This, however, is unacceptable.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

I have included higher-ups on email chains, but that's only if, as someone else pointed out, another person continuously refuses my polite requests or doesn't get something done over, and over, and over again. I didn't remotely do anything that was damaging in any way, and it was more a "territorial" type of situation. If she would have called me and said, "Hey, just so you know this is my territory, I noticed you were in it", that would have been fine.

Be a human being.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

My direct supervisor wants to be CCd on every email I, and the other 3 people under her, send. She says it helps keep her in the loop yet she is always confused about the goings on.

Personally, in my situation, I do not mind because it leaves a paper trail where she is always informed of what is going on so nothing can be "blamed" as it were on us for not happening.

In your situation shad it's total BS. People do that to try and get people in trouble. There seems to me to be no other reason for doing it.