Your irrational pet peeves

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
Eismann
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Re: Your irrational pet peeves

Post by Eismann »

columbia wrote:
shafnutz05 wrote:My sister-in-law (A Florida Georgia line fan) just showed me the video for "This is How We Roll". I seriously want to commit murder so badly right now. This is garbage, hackneyed country rap vomit. They are seriously one of the hottest-selling "country" acts out there right now? Between this and Taylor Swift I want to gouge my eardrums out.

BRB putting on Waylon Jennings radio
This is how I felt when the music industry decided that it was a good idea to combine metal and rap.
They were both fine, in their respective corners and didn't need to be introduced.
I tend to agree. After the first couple early ones, it got tired.

This is the king:

[youtube][/youtube]
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

PghSkins wrote:It has gotten much worse in the last 20 years, since Chris LeDoux passed.
Had several of his albums in the early 2000s, lost them all. Loved his duet with Garth (Whatcha gonna do)
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by JS© »

The spelling of Colin Dunlap's radio "programme". That spelling is ok if you're based in England, but I'm guessing Colin has never set foot in the country nor is his program catering to the folks in England.

https://twitter.com/search?q=Dunlap%20r ... e&src=typd" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

#Murica
PghSkins
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by PghSkins »

JS© wrote:The spelling of Colin Dunlap's radio "programme". That spelling is ok if you're based in England, but I'm guessing Colin has never set foot in the country nor is his program catering to the folks in England.

https://twitter.com/search?q=Dunlap%20r ... e&src=typd" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

#Murica
It kind of screams "I am a d-bagge."
blackjack68
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by blackjack68 »

PghSkins wrote:What y'all need is some Tom T Hall or good ole Conway Twitty.

Today's country is so derivative, down to every song having the breakdown in the last chorus.

It has gotten much worse in the last 20 years, since Chris LeDoux passed.
Try listening to Jamey Johnson and more recently, Sturgill Simpson.
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Letang Is The Truth »

the container store. i cant believe that is a real place
blackjack68
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by blackjack68 »

Smelly/Exotic things being cooked in the workplace microwave that then waft over the entire work area.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

blackjack68 wrote:Smelly/Exotic things being cooked in the workplace microwave that then waft over the entire work area.
:thumb:

I enjoy an array of foods but I really don't want to smell curry for the rest of the day.
dodint
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dodint »

Letang Is The Truth wrote:the container store. i cant believe that is a real place
Package stores are better.

When I was a Marine I used to eat smoked oysters from the tin. Even when I would throw the stuff away in the dumpster out back and go wash my hands the place would smell like seafood the rest of the day. They're tasty, though.
Eismann
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Eismann »

Wet bandages.

Also, I got a cut on a knuckle that's just deep enough to bleed when i bend it. Drop dead, bleeding bendy knuckle.
PghSkins
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by PghSkins »

People who pick up their ball and go home from a message board then return later.

When you're gone, you stay gone. Or you be gone.
Eismann
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Eismann »

PghSkins wrote:People who pick up their ball and go home from a message board then return later.

When you're gone, you stay gone. Or you be gone.
You lost all your L(GP)A privileges.
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by DudeMan2766 »

JS© wrote:The spelling of Colin Dunlap's radio "programme". That spelling is ok if you're based in England, but I'm guessing Colin has never set foot in the country nor is his program catering to the folks in England.

#Murica
That drives me nuts too. Dunlap constantly goes out of his way to use all the European soccer terms too. Always calling uniforms "kits," always saying "pitch" and things of that ilk.
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by JS© »

Pitch doesn't bother me. I've heard it used regularly during soccer discussion, even by fans that were more than casual but less than hardcore.

There's no excuse for the use of kit though.
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by skullman80 »

People who drive around with their handicap placard hanging from their rear view mirror.

People who go through the drive thru and order 5 orders for 5 people on 5 separate checks. Take that crap inside.
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

People driving with something like that hanging from their mirror are braking the law as far as i know.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

skullman80 wrote:People who drive around with their handicap placard hanging from their rear view mirror.

People who go through the drive thru and order 5 orders for 5 people on 5 separate checks. Take that crap inside.
I'm not convinced the average drive thru experience saves you any time at all.
MalkinIsMyHomeboy
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by MalkinIsMyHomeboy »

I have Penguins, Broncos and Red Sox lanyards that I hang from my rear view mirror and have never gotten in trouble for having them there.
blackjack68
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by blackjack68 »

MalkinIsMyHomeboy wrote:I have Penguins, Broncos and Red Sox lanyards that I hang from my rear view mirror and have never gotten in trouble for having them there.
Obstructed view.

Consider yourself lucky.

It's also one of those things they can use to randomly pull you over if they feel like it.
pens9192
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by pens9192 »

1. Lots of fans act like the Steelers are still a superior, contending team and predict wins over teams that are perceived as worse than the Steelers (like Tampa yesterday). Maybe the Steelers just aren't contenders anymore and such a loss (of course how they loss is terrible and shouldn't happen at all) shouldn't be "stunning" or an upset and they are just part of the mediocre pack of the rest of the NFL. I'm sure fans of other teams, such as Bengals, are saying "Steelers are terrible lol. That's a win for us."

2. Fake co-workers. Last week I called in sick (I wasn't at all) at work and took a mental health day off. It was great. I returned the next day feeling refreshed and looking like it, IMO and one of my co-workers told me, "How are you feeling? You still look so sick! You shouldn't have came back today." Umm? Are you being genuine or not?
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

Wait, people actually give orders at drive thrus for separate checks? From one car? I've never seen/heard of that, but that would enrage me.
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by skullman80 »

shafnutz05 wrote:Wait, people actually give orders at drive thrus for separate checks? From one car? I've never seen/heard of that, but that would enrage me.
had it happen today at the DQ drive in. Lady literally took 10+ minutes when all was said and done. From order to when she pulled out.
PghSkins
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by PghSkins »

skullman80 wrote:
shafnutz05 wrote:Wait, people actually give orders at drive thrus for separate checks? From one car? I've never seen/heard of that, but that would enrage me.
had it happen today at the DQ drive in. Lady literally took 10+ minutes when all was said and done. From order to when she pulled out.
As a former employee of quality fast food establishments such as Wendy's and Arby's, I can confirm that car loads of people sometimes go through and ask for a separate check for each occupant.

Jagoffs.
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by skullman80 »

PghSkins wrote:
skullman80 wrote:
As a former employee of quality fast food establishments such as Wendy's and Arby's, I can confirm that car loads of people sometimes go through and ask for a separate check for each occupant.

Jagoffs.
I honestly wouldn't have been as mad if I wasn't on lunch at work. I only get 30 minutes, spending 10+ at the drive through is no bueno.
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by mikey287 »

That's crazy...