TV Shows

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
MalkinIsMyHomeboy
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Re: TV Shows

Post by MalkinIsMyHomeboy »

new South Park tonight.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

pens9192 wrote:I was looking through the TV guide last night and saw a good episode of Law and Order on WE network (I am not ashamed) and started watching it. Then I started watching the next one, and the next one, and soon it was 2AM. Damn, Law and Order always does that to me. That is partially why I avoid watching them on Netflix because I know I just blow away time watching them. It was worth it though. Episodes were from the Briscoe & Curtis years.
Yeah, that was before it went downhill the last several years. Or the Trial by Jury that fizzled after Jerry Orbach died. That seemed like an interesting concept (my wife is on jury duty this week in the federal court in Alexandria) - so might have been nice to see that play out but Orbach was such a central figure in it that they didn't try.
blackjack68
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by blackjack68 »

MalkinIsMyHomeboy wrote:new South Park tonight.
Focus on the Redskins controversy.

I'm in.
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by eddysnake »

Got 3 episodes left of Arrow: Season 2. The last 8 episodes have been so good. I can't get over how dark and violent some of these episodes are.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Loved Gotham. I think it will be pretty good.

Also, this past weekends HoW was great as well. Setting up for something big.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

New Girl this week was far better than the premiere.
Chefpatrick871
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
Location: Not saying I'm at your mom's house, not saying I'm not.

Post by Chefpatrick871 »

eddysnake wrote:Got 3 episodes left of Arrow: Season 2. The last 8 episodes have been so good. I can't get over how dark and violent some of these episodes are.
I'm about 8 episodes into season 2 and can't believe I waited this long to watch this show.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

relantel wrote:New Girl this week was far better than the premiere.
haven't seen this week's, but i thought the premier was wonderful. everyone was on their game.
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Froggy »

The last episode of the league was wonderfully dumb
dodint
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dodint »

I just started the episode. The ice cream truck was a great start, hah.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

I really liked the forever episodes 1/2...i have my doubts that this show could have longevity based on ratings, but I dig it.
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by eddysnake »

finished 2nd season of arrow. totally awesome. they don't beat around the bush, which is great. This CW TV show has easily surpassed most superhero movies of recent, which is a crazy sentence to write.
Beveridge
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Beveridge »

eddysnake wrote:finished 2nd season of arrow. totally awesome. they don't beat around the bush, which is great. This CW TV show has easily surpassed most superhero movies of recent, which is a crazy sentence to write.
Did you watch Smallville on CW?
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by eddysnake »

Beveridge wrote:
eddysnake wrote:finished 2nd season of arrow. totally awesome. they don't beat around the bush, which is great. This CW TV show has easily surpassed most superhero movies of recent, which is a crazy sentence to write.
Did you watch Smallville on CW?
Nope, and I understand that was more of a prequel to him actually becoming superman (which I don't know if I have much interest in)? If the Flash is as good as Arrow, I'm hoping the they continue with other superheros. I have no issues with a TV version of the justice league if they can continue this quality.
Beveridge
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Beveridge »

Yeah, if you don't have much interest in the becoming part, you might not care too much for the show. It's ten seasons worth and drags on but it was one of my all time favorite tv shows. I'm really looking forward to Flash.

They tried doing aquaman a few years ago, but the pilot never got a green light.
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

I watched Smallville, but I don't really think it compares to Arrow. In quality or in theme. A ton of it is basically a teen drama.
Beveridge
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Beveridge »

fair point
Digitalgypsy66
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Digitalgypsy66 »

I would like to thank whoever mentioned Keen's wig in Blacklist. I knew something looked odd about her head before reading she had a wig, but now I can't keep my eyes off of it. :lol:

Why does she have a wig? Is she a cancer survivor?
blackjack68
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by blackjack68 »

Digitalgypsy66 wrote:I would like to thank whoever mentioned Keen's wig in Blacklist. I knew something looked odd about her head before reading she had a wig, but now I can't keep my eyes off of it. :lol:

Why does she have a wig? Is she a cancer survivor?
Happy to point these things out. But I wasn't the first.

I think it was just a "wardrobe" decision.
dodint
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dodint »

She's pretty chubby for someone so fresh out of chemo she'd have to have a wig. ;)
Dickie Dunn
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Dickie Dunn »

I'm power watching my way through The Office. I watched the show when it originally aired up till the season six finale (left for boot camp the day before it aired) and tuned in for the series finale just to see how it ended. I seriously love this show and its easily one of my favorite comedies. I just finished watching "Goodbye, Michael", which seems like a good time for some thoughts.

- Season one is a little rough, but the show (and Steve Carell's hair) instantly gets better in season two.
- Seasons 2-5 are the real highlights of the series. One is okay, six and seven are pretty good, but those four seasons are a gem.
- I have a huge crush on Pam. Always have, always will. She's looked good from the first episode, but in season seven they really cranked up the dial on her hotness.
- "Goodbye, Michael" is easily one of the best episodes of the series and an emotional watch.
- I have no idea how they can continue the show from here. It has a huge cast of characters, but Michael Scott was the heart and soul of the show and the catalyst for everything that took place. I don't blame them for trying, but I can't imagine the remainder of season 7 and seasons 8 and 9 being the same.
- Steve Carell never winning a Emmy for his portrayal of Michael Scott is a crime. I can't believe he lost out in season 7 to Jim Parsons.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

I thought the show would be an epic failure after Carell left, but while not as good, they did a good job w/o him. Mainly because of the large cast.
Dickie Dunn
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Dickie Dunn »

newarenanow wrote:I thought the show would be an epic failure after Carell left, but while not as good, they did a good job w/o him. Mainly because of the large cast.
I'm glad the episode after his departure is the last for Will Ferrell. His character is basically Will Ferrell's version of Michael Scott. Not a fan.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

Seasons 2 and 3 were impossibly good
Eismann
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Eismann »

shmenguin wrote:Seasons 2 and 3 were impossibly good
Yeah, that was the wheelhouse of 'still new and growing bigger every week."

Everything about Kevin still cracks me up.