Your irrational pet peeves

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Re: Your irrational pet peeves

Post by count2infinity »

hey hey hey, take it to the tattoos thread.
obhave
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by obhave »

Beveridge wrote:"You know what would make that chick hotter? A tattoo."
-Sarcastic (in like every other post)
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

having to poop in a single stall as opposed to a larger handicapped one.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

mac5155 wrote:having to poop in a single stall as opposed to a larger handicapped one.
I assume most people like the handicapped stall so I usually avoid it as it's probably used most often.
cheesesteakwithegg
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by cheesesteakwithegg »

When I hit the guide or menu button on my fios remote, and some ad pops up for some service they are trying to sell.
pens9192
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by pens9192 »

Salt water taffy.

Everyone who visits a beach gives you salt water taffy, especially in the workplace. So tired of it. I actually stopped eating it as a kid. Just over it.

I thought this was funny from Salt water taffy's Wikipedia page: "Contrary to popular belief, the taffy contains no salt water (seawater). However, it does contain both salt and water."
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

I am anti-swt myself. So overrated.

Instead, I bring back cans of nuts from Try My Nutz. Aside from the fact that I can chuckle at the name like a little kid, it's actually something people can enjoy.
FreeCandy44
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by FreeCandy44 »

mac5155 wrote:having to poop in a single stall as opposed to a larger handicapped one.
This guy gets it
Shyster
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Shyster »

PensFanInDC wrote:
I assume most people like the handicapped stall so I usually avoid it as it's probably used most often.
I think Mythbusters confirmed that, IIRC. I want to say the least-used stall is always the one in the middle.
MalkinIsMyHomeboy
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by MalkinIsMyHomeboy »

when I tell someone to meet me somewhere at a specific time and they are late. seriously, tha hell
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

Maybe they are catching up on BBT
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Letang Is The Truth »

When people walk/run on the right side of the street (from driver of car perspective)
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sam's Drunk Dog »

When people walk/run into street instead of the sidewalk that is a few feet from them.
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by JS© »

People that "throw" themselves into the crosswalk when they see traffic coming, and then give you the look like they had the right of way.

I would like to make every one of them my personal hood ornament.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

JS© wrote:People that "throw" themselves into the crosswalk when they see traffic coming, and then give you the look like they had the right of way.

I would like to make every one of them my personal hood ornament.
it's almost as if they definitively have the right of way or something.
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by JS© »

Not sure if you're agreeing with me or sarcastically saying they have the right of way at any and all situations.

I am not referring to the people who look both ways, cross, and shoot a mean glare to a car that never slowed up. Those people have a right to be pissed. I'm talking about people who walk out with no abandon whatsoever, sometimes not even checking both directions before doing so. This is more common in areas of parking lots without stop signs or especially in random sections near a grocery store.

If you're guessing my rant is resulting from driving by Giant Iggle where a person didn't check both ways before crossing in a non-crosswalk area, then you are probably correct.
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

It's like the biker that is passing on the right side of cars sitting at the red light and the light changes, car turns right and the biker freaks out because the car almost hit him... like he was supposed to know you were illegally passing cars and planned to go straight?
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MRandall25 »

I hate the "I'm going to come all the way to the crosswalk, watch you get closer, and decide to cross right as you're about to reach the crosswalk".
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MRandall25 »

Unrelated to pedestrians in crosswalks, but I hate group work. Especially when that group work is solely online. I sent something to my group around 11:30 this morning so they could check formatting and stuff before I continue. Haven't heard a thing. I kinda want to get this done.
tifosi77
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by tifosi77 »

Yeah, I'm with JS© on this one. You really can't exercise right of way in a manner that creates a hazard.

One of my favorite stories..... an ex-team mate of mine told me about this time he was in a cab in NYC. Pedestrian trundled right out causing panic braking and was just walking along the beside cars. It effectively blocked vehicular traffic from passing on the very narrow Manhattan streets. After nearly a block there was a bit of a gap, and the cabbie pulled up and in a very calm voice said out the window, "Sir, do you know why this is called a 'street'?" The guy looked at him like, "Who, me?" And the cabbie screamed "BECAUSE IT'S NOT A F**KING SIDEWALK, A**HOLE!! GET YOUR D**K SLOBBERING FACE OUT OF MY WAY!!"

Remember, with a fare in the backseat. I like that story.
yubb
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by yubb »

When I was in Norway pedestrians would cross the street without even looking. They did it all the time, without thinking twice about it. In fact, locals in Norway can tell when a pedestrian is foreign when they come to a crosswalk and wait for traffic to pass.

I think in most situations, if not all, the pedestrians have the right of way in the US, but I can't think of anywhere I see that practiced... at all.
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sam's Drunk Dog »

Pedestrians don't have the right of way unless they are in a crosswalk or designated pedestrian area. Of course you can't just run them over with your car with impunity, but they can be ticketed for jaywalking.
Gaucho
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Gaucho »

Norwegians would not survive a day in Spain. Or Italy.
dodint
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dodint »

MRandall25 wrote:Unrelated to pedestrians in crosswalks, but I hate group work. Especially when that group work is solely online. I sent something to my group around 11:30 this morning so they could check formatting and stuff before I continue. Haven't heard a thing. I kinda want to get this done.
Some dude in my group sent some stuff around 11:30 this morning, but I haven't logged in yet this week so I have no idea about it. I'm not stressed at all. :pop:
Shyster
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Shyster »

tifosi77 wrote:One of my favorite stories..... an ex-team mate of mine told me about this time he was in a cab in NYC. Pedestrian trundled right out causing panic braking and was just walking along the beside cars. It effectively blocked vehicular traffic from passing on the very narrow Manhattan streets. After nearly a block there was a bit of a gap, and the cabbie pulled up and in a very calm voice said out the window, "Sir, do you know why this is called a 'street'?" The guy looked at him like, "Who, me?" And the cabbie screamed "BECAUSE IT'S NOT A F**KING SIDEWALK, A**HOLE!! GET YOUR D**K SLOBBERING FACE OUT OF MY WAY!!"

Remember, with a fare in the backseat. I like that story.
I would have greatly upped my tip just for the creative cursing.