GIVE ME YOUR BEER SUGGESTIONS!!

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
tjand72
AHL'er
AHL'er

Re: GIVE ME YOUR BEER SUGGESTIONS!!

Post by tjand72 »

eddysnake wrote:What say ye about La Fin Du Monde?
I think that Golden Monkey is a pretty good alternative.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kraftster »

Green Flash Saison Diego. Not even close to worth $14.99/4 pack.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

My favorite beer in the world when price is factored in.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

Kraftster wrote:Green Flash Saison Diego. Not even close to worth $14.99/4 pack.
I wish I could've stopped you from buying.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

Not a fan of green flash.
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by eddysnake »

PensFanInDC wrote:
My favorite beer in the world when price is factored in.
I'm definitely picking some up today, it was $6.99 a corked bomber
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

Has anyone ever had Thirsty Dog Bourbon Barrel-Aged Siberian Night before? Kind if expensive at $13 for 32 oz growler, but wondering if it is worth it.
Sigwolf
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Sigwolf »

MWB wrote:Has anyone ever had Thirsty Dog Bourbon Barrel-Aged Siberian Night before? Kind if expensive at $13 for 32 oz growler, but wondering if it is worth it.
If you like bourbon stouts, it's abso-freakin-lutely worth it. With that one, and Wulver, Thirsty Dog has shown they can make a darn good barrel-aged beer.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

Thanks. I definitely do, and have been trying to find some other than Dragons Milk and Anderson Valley, both of which I really like.
Eismann
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Eismann »

Went with Abt 12 tonight. Shaler GE still out of Trois Pistoles.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kraftster »

Eismann wrote:Went with Abt 12 tonight. Shaler GE still out of Trois Pistoles Randy's touch.
:cry:
Eismann
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Eismann »

Kraftster wrote:
Eismann wrote:Went with Abt 12 tonight. Shaler GE still out of Trois Pistoles Randy's touch.
:cry:
Yeah. Some dude named "Win" was working the area tonight. No idea what the hell is going on. Still not carrying Old Peculier, and this is making me full of sad, as well.
llipgh2
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by llipgh2 »

Had Pumking this weekend after not having it for a long time.

Now I remember why. It's OK, it just tries too hard to be too many flavors. That's why I like the Wolaver's Pumpkin Ale better. It tastes like pumpkin with subtle spices.
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by JS© »

I remember bringing the Wolaver's pumpkin to a beer exchange last year and having a bunch of people being surprised how good it was.

Had a pumking over the weekend, my 2nd for the year. Did they change the recipe for it? It not like it was bad, but I remember it being smoother in the last two years.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kraftster »

JS© wrote:I remember bringing the Wolaver's pumpkin to a beer exchange last year and having a bunch of people being surprised how good it was.

Had a pumking over the weekend, my 2nd for the year. Did they change the recipe for it? It not like it was bad, but I remember it being smoother in the last two years.
I haven't had this year's batch yet, but I think it's a beer that loses a lot of smoothness if you drink it at too cold of a temperature. If you had it on draft, then that could be it--especially since most Pittsburgh bars serve beer way too cold.
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

Kraftster wrote:since most Pittsburgh bars serve beer way too cold.
You gotta have some way to make Ahrn seem palatable.
stopper40
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by stopper40 »

Kraftster wrote:
JS© wrote:I remember bringing the Wolaver's pumpkin to a beer exchange last year and having a bunch of people being surprised how good it was.

I haven't had this year's batch yet, but I think it's a beer that loses a lot of smoothness if you drink it at too cold of a temperature. If you had it on draft, then that could be it--especially since most Pittsburgh bars serve beer way too cold.
That's what happened to me this year. First time I had it this year I didn't realize it was way to cold and it didn't taste good, I thought they had changed the recipe. As it warmed it started tasting better. So the few I've had since I've let warm some before drinking
llipgh2
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by llipgh2 »

Kraftster wrote:

I let it warm, it was still just OK.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kraftster »

llipgh2 wrote:
Kraftster wrote:

I let it warm, it was still just OK.
Ha, well it won't make you like it if you don't. The temp just seems to have a big impact on mouthfeel.
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by eddysnake »

Had some excellent beers over the weekend. Le Fin De Monde was great, bought a few more bottles to hold on to. Over the last couple weeks, I've been shifting my appetite over to more full body beers and Speakeasy Scarface Imperial Stout was perfect. Also had a Troegs Java head, bottle was a bit old, so the coffee flavors were more subtle than I remember, but still nice.
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by eddysnake »

What say ye about bells best brown ale? I want to pick up a case of something & see this is out. Always tempted by a product from them that I haven't had yet
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

eddysnake wrote:What say ye about bells best brown ale? I want to pick up a case of something & see this is out. Always tempted by a product from them that I haven't had yet
Not as good as I hoped, but a solid offering. Not sure I would get a case of it
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

shafnutz05 wrote:
eddysnake wrote:What say ye about bells best brown ale? I want to pick up a case of something & see this is out. Always tempted by a product from them that I haven't had yet
Not as good as I hoped, but a solid offering. Not sure I would get a case of it
I love Bells but thought this was a pretty mundane offering. Agree with Shad, would pass on a case for sure.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

For anyone that has ever driven down to the Outer banks on NC-158, there is a brewery about five miles before the bridge called Weeping Radish. I didn't think much of it, until I went to the beer market in Kitty Hawk. The prices for this beer are absolutely outrageous. Pounders going for $5.50. And this isn't an expensive place in general, it has very reasonable prices for other stuff.

When you go to check RateBeer and BA scores, all of their beers rank in the 70s.
Eismann
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Eismann »

Iirc, I didn't care for it. Too much bite for me. I also don't like their other stuff.