TV Shows

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
Eismann
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Re: TV Shows

Post by Eismann »

dodint wrote:The League did not miss a step at all. Love JJ Watt. Like Teflon Andre.
Have it teed up for dvr tonight. Haven't been consuming the promos. Looking forward to it.
dodint
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dodint »

There isn't much spoiler in there. Watt is practically a regular on the show. ;)
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

With everyone demanding a DIY show starting Jenny Garth for all these years, thank you,HGTV, for finally giving into the will of the people.
Green Eggs and Ham
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by Green Eggs and Ham »

So any fans of Trailer Park Boys?
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

Lol she's like a less obnoxious, brainless rehab addict chick
Eismann
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Eismann »

canaan wrote: less obnoxious, brainless rehab addict chick
Making this my new location. Tahnkx!
Eismann
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Eismann »

The League season opener was ok. Got me interested enough in the upcoming eps.
Factorial
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Factorial »

Anybody watching Intruders on BBC America? Someone from the X Files is involved in the production and it looks really good so far:

[youtube][/youtube]
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

Eismann wrote:The League season opener was ok. Got me interested enough in the upcoming eps.
Tefl'andre was funny. The rest was bad. Real bad.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

I just binge watched the 2nd season of the mind of a chef. It wasn't as entertaining as the first, but it was good. I am, however, now in the mood for a pig roast and hoppin johns
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

I thought the very last part with Taco was funny.
dodint
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dodint »

I thought the Jordan Cameron Jordan bit was pretty good. The show is bad, but when compared to itself it's great. It's not going to break your brain, but for the niche it fills and the style it's presented in (a great portion is ad-libbed) it's a really tight 22 minutes that isn't like anything else on TV.
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

The steve rannazzisi character and his wife's interactions are completely awful. Their humor is the exact same every episode of the show.
dodint
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dodint »

I'll give you that. It's funnier if you watch it knowing that Pete (Mark Duplass) is married to her (Jenny/Kate Aselton) in real life. The Kevin character is the weakest, I think because he's supposed to be the straight man but ultimately there isn't one in the bunch.

Some episodes are better than others. A lot of times the guest spots make an episode, like the ones Aziz Ansari. If you look at the notable guest stars list on Wikipedia it's pretty stout.
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

I dont mind the show and ill continue watching it. Some things about it are really irritating.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

The gay jokes are irredeemable. Not because of the subject matter. Because they aren't funny. The show still has too many funny people involved for it to be bad, overall, though.
Eismann
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Eismann »

The first three seasons were the best to me. Four was ok, five was fair.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

Welcome back, boardwalk. I missed you.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

HoW should be interesting next week...
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

I'm 2 episodes behind on HoW. Also forgot that Boardwalk was starting. And SoA is back tomorrow... Crap. Gonna be hard to get caught up.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

What ws the last show on network TV that took off and wasn't cancelled besides spinoffs? Looking at everything that got cancelled this summer is amazing. I guess the Following? That's the only show that was created in the last 2 or 3 years I watch but I can see people getting bored with it soon.
dodint
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dodint »

On the big 4, The Blacklist and Under The Dome are both new in the last two years and doing well. Sleepy Hollow is starting it's second season shortly.

TURN got picked up on AMC, which I'm very happy about since it started slow enough that it was a big question mark whether it would continue.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

dodint wrote:On the big 4, The Blacklist and Under The Dome are both new in the last two years and doing well. Sleepy Hollow is starting it's second season shortly.

TURN got picked up on AMC, which I'm very happy about since it started slow enough that it was a big question mark whether it would continue.
There are tons of shows that are doing well on cable. I have read books on the spy ring that TURN is based on, dramatic license to actual history aside I like the show, and they have a ton of subject matter to touch still so it should get better.
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

Digitalgypsy66 wrote:
largegarlic wrote:I just finished season 3 of Sherlock and thought it was a step down from seasons 1 and 2...just so much focus on the John/Mary/Sherlock relationship. I guess I prefer when the focus is on the cases and not the relationships. And...
Spoiler:
They really created a vacuum with the death of Moriarty in the Big Bad department, but the writers seem to have recognized that themselves.
Spoiler:
The wedding episode though...so good.
Just finished Season 3 last night...
Spoiler:
I actually enjoyed season three... a brief chance to get away from the darkness of Moriarty and actually get to know Holmes, John and Mary. It seems though they're going back to Moariarty in season 4.

The wedding episode was awesome. Really enjoyed it, and I also liked the last episode where Sherlock kills the bad guy to save everyone he has blackmail on. Very enjoyable. I really wanted to know Mary's background story, but it seems like that's not going to come out just yet. Shame really.
Also, I really like this version of Holmes. He almost seems like a british combo of Sheldon Cooper and Gregory House.
Digitalgypsy66
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Digitalgypsy66 »

DelPen wrote:What ws the last show on network TV that took off and wasn't cancelled besides spinoffs? Looking at everything that got cancelled this summer is amazing. I guess the Following? That's the only show that was created in the last 2 or 3 years I watch but I can see people getting bored with it soon.
The Good Wife is in season 5 or 6, and that seems to be the only network drama that gets any critical and Emmy love.

Speaking of network shows and cancellation: Amazing Race is moving to Fridays at 8 PM, the traditional death slot for network TV. That was one of the few shows we watched live as a family. I guess with DVRs, it's not the same death sentence as it was, but still...