The Walking Dead

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Re: The Walking Dead

Post by DelPen »

Darryl thought they lived by a code and Joe immediately let his emotions over rule and used the code against Darryl by calling him a liar so the crew could beat him to death. He even told Rick pretty much it was at least something to live with.

I was almost positive they were going to make Carl close the door and then shoot him.
Digitalgypsy66
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Digitalgypsy66 »

I was beginning to think the cannibals were Stormtroopers, with the way they were missing point blank shots...until I figured out they were herding them to a specific location. Interesting that they gave their weapons back. I would think "holding them for safekeeping, but welcome to get them at anytime" would've been a better plan.
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

I assume their escape hinges on the idea that the cannibals won't actually shoot them.
Rick obviously saw all of the bones and couldn't have missed that no one was shot.
Digitalgypsy66
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Digitalgypsy66 »

I also didn't see anyone mention that the Walking Dead spinoff - rumored back in November - is now confirmed to be a prequel. New cast, new location and so on:

http://thecelebritycafe.com/feature/201 ... -confirmed" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Also, there is someone who thinks that Breaking Bad is actually a prequel to The Walking Dead. Seriously.

http://www.hitfix.com/comedy/amc-has-se ... ad-prequel" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
largegarlic
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by largegarlic »

I liked the finale, except for the flashbacks and lame last line. The flashbacks just seemed to sap the momentum out of any building dramatic tension. Everyone who has been watching the show since the beginning knows that Rick is conflicted about doing what it takes to survive in the post-apocalyptic world. We don't need 10 minutes of flashbacks reminding us.

Overall, this 4th season might have been my favorite, even if there were still some poorly executed parts. The character development and pacing of the plot was much better.
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

Rick going full zombie on the biker dude was so awesome and gives me hope for his mental toughness.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

largegarlic wrote:I liked the finale, except for the flashbacks and lame last line. The flashbacks just seemed to sap the momentum out of any building dramatic tension. Everyone who has been watching the show since the beginning knows that Rick is conflicted about doing what it takes to survive in the post-apocalyptic world. We don't need 10 minutes of flashbacks reminding us.

Overall, this 4th season might have been my favorite, even if there were still some poorly executed parts. The character development and pacing of the plot was much better.
I think if you combined the best parts from 3 and 4 you would have 20 great episodes and not have to waste epsiodes restablishing the governor in S4 to get people to fight for him again.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

What Delpen said. That would have been awesome. Also, if Dale had just let Andrea off herself early on, but I digress.
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

Everything you need to know about the U.S. military’s defense strategy to protect humanity from the walking dead
http://www.foreignpolicy.com/articles/2 ... apocalypse" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

The talking dead preview the other night had a clip for season 5 of Tyrese and Carol. Some are speculating they know the rest of the group is being held in terminus and they are baiting the zombies to follow them to attack to plan an escape and realistically, that's the only way I can see them getting out before they get eaten is if there is mass confusion and an attack of thousands of walkers.

The comic book looks like it's getting interesting again, the last panel of the most recent issue is the most interesting it's been in months.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

That TD special was a cruel reminder that it's still a long wait until the new season.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

DelPen wrote:The talking dead preview the other night had a clip for season 5 of Tyrese and Carol. Some are speculating they know the rest of the group is being held in terminus and they are baiting the zombies to follow them to attack to plan an escape and realistically, that's the only way I can see them getting out before they get eaten is if there is mass confusion and an attack of thousands of walkers.

The comic book looks like it's getting interesting again, the last panel of the most recent issue is the most interesting it's been in months.
Saw that. That's a pretty good theory.
Digitalgypsy66
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Digitalgypsy66 »

I get Kirkman updates in Goodreads - is Walking Dead published twice a month?
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

Digitalgypsy66 wrote:I get Kirkman updates in Goodreads - is Walking Dead published twice a month?
It is for the summer I think. A lot of comic books go every two weeks in the summer when school's out or did when I had them delivered by mail when I was a kid.
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by SolidSnake »

[youtube][/youtube]

[youtube][/youtube]
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

Trailer looks pretty good.
largegarlic
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by largegarlic »

The trailer does look good, though I am a bit baffled that anyone actually believes that that idiot, mulleted "scientist" knows how to cure the outbreak. I guess you need some goal to rally around...might as well be get this idiot to DC.
Hockeynut!
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Hockeynut! »

I just wonder why the scientist doesn't tell everyone else the cure in case, you know, he gets killed before he gets to DC.
Staggy
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Staggy »

Hockeynut! wrote:I just wonder why the scientist doesn't tell everyone else the cure in case, you know, he gets killed before he gets to DC.
Yeah, that pretty much guarantees he doesn't know anything. If you know how to cure the freaking zombie apocalypse, you tell everybody around you so there's the pest chance of that knowledge surviving. Being known as the person to discover the cure is much less important than, you know, saving the world.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

The notion that we're supposed to believe that mullet knows the cure and that everyone else on the show buys it as well is gross. The comics are probably more campy, which makes him knowing something more plausible, but in the world that this show lives in, no one is believing this joker.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

shmenguin wrote:The notion that we're supposed to believe that mullet knows the cure and that everyone else on the show buys it as well is gross. The comics are probably more campy, which makes him knowing something more plausible, but in the world that this show lives in, no one is believing this joker.
Abraham, on the show, looks to be the only one completely buying this crap. Glen dismissed it right away, I'd bet Rick is going to use the idea of him knowing the cure and getting to DC as a ploy to escape.

In the comic, they all bought in to it until...
Spoiler:
they found his radio had no batteries in it and Abraham fealt like an idiot.
GeoTank
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by GeoTank »

Watch that new trailer again anyone think Bob is dead when Gerath is talking to rick close and tight.. Bob is either knocked out or stabbed in the neck.

Also one quick shot of Carol in the woods i hope she sticks around, didn't see her in the Group shot sweeping through the church when Rick is holding the Baby. Abraham's shoulder starts the shot, passes everyone but Carol and Bob ends on Maggie.

And why would Mullet not tell anyone???? Ensures his safety. Abraham will defend Him till the end, if we all knew, ehh mullet didn't make it.
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

AMC is Out of Ideas, Orders a ‘Walking Dead’ Spinoff
http://www.thewire.com/entertainment/20 ... ff/379707/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Defence21
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Defence21 »

columbia wrote:AMC is Out of Ideas, Orders a ‘Walking Dead’ Spinoff
http://www.thewire.com/entertainment/20 ... ff/379707/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The spinoff has been in the works for several years.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

I'm fine with the spin-off, I'd be only fine with it if it focused on things far and away from the original cast and not give TWD producers a way to measure who needs to be brought into the main show.