TV Shows

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
Jim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: TV Shows

Post by Jim »

shafnutz05 wrote:So Chuck is good? For some reason I have it in my head that it read a lousy flop
The last season wasn't good. But the early two or three were.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

shafnutz05 wrote:So Chuck is good? For some reason I have it in my head that it read a lousy flop
I thought it was lousy. Too goofy to care about anything. Not funny enough to be a comedy.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

I loved it. Depends on your taste. It's one of those "Dramadies" if you will.

You can tell in seasons 3-5 that they have had like 3 different endings because they didn't know if they'd be cancelled or not, but they continued to be picked up. But I loved the finale. Some people hated it. I'm not going to spoil it.

Give it a shot if you have never watched it.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

shmenguin wrote:
I thought it was lousy. Too goofy to care about anything. Not funny enough to be a comedy.
You don't like much though in terms of TV.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Just watched the latest episode of HoW last night. Should be interesting going forward. Durant though is a character you can hate one episode and love another. I loved him in that one.
Gaucho
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Gaucho »

Crap, I thought for some reason Boardwalk Empire was returning this week.
Dickie Dunn
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Dickie Dunn »

Jim and shmenguin are liars, Chuck is an awesome show.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

newarenanow wrote:Just watched the latest episode of HoW last night. Should be interesting going forward. Durant though is a character you can hate one episode and love another. I loved him in that one.
Agreed. The imminent domain scene was excellent as well as the "headache" meeting.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

newarenanow wrote:
shmenguin wrote:
one page prior, i just posted how party down was one of the greatest comedies of all time. mainly because it's well written and isn't confused about its own tone - unlike today's topic.
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Froggy »

I would like to state on record in this thread that I think Bojack Horseman is pretty great
Dickie Dunn
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Dickie Dunn »

shmenguin wrote:
newarenanow wrote:
shmenguin wrote:
one page prior, i just posted how party down was one of the greatest comedies of all time. mainly because it's well written and isn't confused about its own tone - unlike today's topic.
Chuck's tone was obvious from the first episode and remained consistent throughout.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

Started Breaking Bad with the wife this past weekend. She's hooked, which is great because we like a show together, but sucks because I can't watch them without her.
blackjack68
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by blackjack68 »

newarenanow wrote:Anyone looking forward to any new shows this year. To be honest, I haven't followed any previews or anything, so I don't even know what is coming out.
You should've started a thread for this. Instead it got lost in Chuck discussion.
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

blackjack68 wrote:
newarenanow wrote:Anyone looking forward to any new shows this year. To be honest, I haven't followed any previews or anything, so I don't even know what is coming out.
You should've started a thread for this. Instead it got lost in Chuck discussion.
:lol:
Loaf31
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Loaf31 »

The League came back last night...Absolutely love this show
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Letang Is The Truth »

how was it
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Froggy »

Loaf31 wrote:The League came back last night...Absolutely love this show
I need to watch season 5 before I get into this season. I just watched the random Rafi/Dirty Randy episode. Crazy.
dodint
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dodint »

I really wanted to watch The League last night but came home exhausted. Going to watch it before the kickoff tonight.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

I thought it was decent last night. Felt like I lost touch because Armstrong didn't have FXX last year, so I missed all of season 5.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

blackjack68 wrote:
You are right, this is technically a current event.
blackjack68
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by blackjack68 »

For the record, I responded.
Dickie Dunn
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Dickie Dunn »

They interviewed Chris Moore (producer on Good Will Hunting, American Pie movies, etc.) on DVE this morning. He was a producer (along with Zachary Quinto) on "The Chair" which debuts on Starz this Saturday. Its a 10 episode documentary that follows two directors creating two different movies based on the same script. The show and both movies were produced and filmed completely in Pittsburgh with help from Steeltown Entertainment and Point Park University. Sounded interesting and it'll be something I check out.

As an aside, Randy asked Chris Moore about producing movies and ever wondering about the movie "the other guy" would have created. Moore referenced Good Will Hunting and said their two other finalists for director, before deciding on Gus Van Sant, were Mel Gibson (who spent a couple weeks working with the script before passing on the film) and Michael Mann (who filmed test footage before deciding that Matt Damon wasn't talented enough to carry the movie). Overall I thought it was a pretty interesting interview.
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by eddysnake »

Dickie Dunn wrote: As an aside, Randy asked Chris Moore about producing movies and ever wondering about the movie "the other guy" would have created. Moore referenced Good Will Hunting and said their two other finalists for director, before deciding on Gus Van Sant, were Mel Gibson (who spent a couple weeks working with the script before passing on the film) and Michael Mann (who filmed test footage before deciding that Matt Damon wasn't talented enough to carry the movie). Overall I thought it was a pretty interesting interview.
I read something about Matt Damon taking the script to Rob Reiner when they were trying to sell it and he was the one who told him to cut all the "spy" stuff from the original script. Apparently there are a few scenes that still reference which was a much different movie.
dodint
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dodint »

The League did not miss a step at all. Love JJ Watt. Like Teflon Andre.
Chefpatrick871
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
Location: Not saying I'm at your mom's house, not saying I'm not.

Post by Chefpatrick871 »

Trailer Park Boys season 8 on Netflix today. Chips and smokes boys let's go.