TV Shows

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Re: TV Shows

Post by PensFanInDC »

Hockeynut! wrote:Line of the night from Under the Dome...

"The egg is screaming!"
Did Nory deliver it? She might be the worst actress in TV history.
dodint
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dodint »

Pauline is giving Norrie a run for her money in the worst actress on the show department.
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

tifosi77 wrote:
Idoit40fans wrote:
Gaucho wrote:Unexpected but welcome.
They should have developed better so gs to build the second season around. I hope they have done that at this point or at least put a better set of episodes together. I thought the second season was pretty bad.
That's a common affliction of many musical acts. The first record is a good indicator of the band's quality, because they spend years with that material. They may have performed the songs like 300 times before setting foot in a studio with a producer. The second record is usually a collection of material that was rejected (for whatever reason) for the first record and few new tunes. It may only take two or three records to get to a point where the material is as new to the band as it is to the listener, and sometimes the quality just isn't there. That's why I don't mind it when bands like Tool take six or eight years between releases (altho in their case, there's pending litigation gumming the works) - I want the music to be polished.

I don't totally agree with you on the quality of the 2nd season, but the part of me that does thinks that might be the reason.
Its not really the second season. I think the quality actually fell off with the last few episodes of the first.
Chefpatrick871
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
Location: Not saying I'm at your mom's house, not saying I'm not.

Post by Chefpatrick871 »

count2infinity wrote:Watched the first episode of Sherlock yesterday... I'm really digging it. Looking forward to more episodes.
Just finished season 2, amazing show.
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

Sherlock feels like youre watching movies...only other show ive gotten that feel from was firefly.
Chefpatrick871
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
Location: Not saying I'm at your mom's house, not saying I'm not.

Post by Chefpatrick871 »

That's what makes it so hard to not binge watch.
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

shafnutz05 wrote:Face off on Syfy is way more entertaining than I thought it would be. Basically a Project Runway for nerds
My wife and I have been enjoying that show a lot. Jim Henson's creature shop as well. We watched Ink Masters for a couple seasons, but they've gotten further away from cool tattoos and more toward reality tv show drama nonsense so we stopped watching.
Gaucho
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Gaucho »

I like Sherlock, but some of the fancy visuals and camera work I could do without. Some of the episodes feel a little drawn out to me and Moriarty is too much like a run-of-the-mill Bond villain for my taste. Still a good show overall.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

i've been putting party down on lately whenever i need something quick to watch. despite only having 20 episodes, it's probably one of the top 5 comedy shows of all time for me.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

Anyone else seen Outlanders on Starz? Caught part of the third ep last night so looked up the first two, and they are on-demand on DirecTV through 9/29. I got halfway through (31 minutes of 64) the first episode last night. (Give me something well done set in Scotland's past and I am hooked)

Premise (from DirecTV's show page):
Spoiler:
World War II combat nurse Claire Randall is transported back to 1743 Scotland, where she is kidnapped by Highlanders and meets an injured man named Jamie.
tifosi77
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by tifosi77 »

largegarlic wrote:Re: Flight of the Choncords

Supposedly Jemaine tweeted that he misspoke, and it's not really Flight of the Conchords...just some show he (they?) are doing four episodes of for HBO.
Flight of the Conchords' Jemaine Clement Denies HBO Renewal Rumors
:sad:
Loaf31
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Loaf31 »

Just finished binge watching Prison Break....
Spoiler:
Could have done without the entire SONA story line. Also the 22nd to last episode was a way better finale than the actual finale
Any suggestions for a new binge watch? (Already did Breaking Bad and Rescue Me)
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

Six Feet Under (I always suggest this)
Fringe
Chuck
Hockeynut!
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Hockeynut! »

PensFanInDC wrote:
Hockeynut! wrote:Line of the night from Under the Dome...

"The egg is screaming!"
Did Nory deliver it? She might be the worst actress in TV history.
No, Junior's mother. But yeah, the girl that plays Nory is all kinds of terrible.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Chuck.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Anyone looking forward to any new shows this year. To be honest, I haven't followed any previews or anything, so I don't even know what is coming out.
Digitalgypsy66
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Digitalgypsy66 »

relantel wrote:Anyone else seen Outlanders on Starz? Caught part of the third ep last night so looked up the first two, and they are on-demand on DirecTV through 9/29. I got halfway through (31 minutes of 64) the first episode last night. (Give me something well done set in Scotland's past and I am hooked)

Premise (from DirecTV's show page):
Spoiler:
World War II combat nurse Claire Randall is transported back to 1743 Scotland, where she is kidnapped by Highlanders and meets an injured man named Jamie.
Haven't watched it yet, but the first episode is streaming fo' free on Starz.com. And probably the Starz App.
Beveridge
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Beveridge »

newarenanow wrote:Anyone looking forward to any new shows this year. To be honest, I haven't followed any previews or anything, so I don't even know what is coming out.
New shows I plan on giving a glance: Scorpion, Flash (really excited about this one since CW is doing it), and Gotham. There might be others but these 3 are at the top of the list.
meecrofilm
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by meecrofilm »

I'll check out that new Will Forte one where he's supposedly the last person alive on earth. Not sure what else is new that will pique the interest, but I might check out one or two more as well.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Beveridge wrote:
newarenanow wrote:Anyone looking forward to any new shows this year. To be honest, I haven't followed any previews or anything, so I don't even know what is coming out.
New shows I plan on giving a glance: Scorpion, Flash (really excited about this one since CW is doing it), and Gotham. There might be others but these 3 are at the top of the list.
I might have to check out Gotham.
Beveridge
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Beveridge »

I'm trying not to get too excited for Gotham because I don't trust Fox. If CW was doing this, I would be excited.
blackjack68
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by blackjack68 »

I'll give Black-ish a shot.

I'll give How to Get Away With Murder (Viola Davis) more than one shot.

The Mysteries of Laura (Debra Messing cop detective show) might be a default because the wife likes her. Same goes for Bad Judge (Kate Walsh).

I'll probably record and watch Gotham with my son.

I think Selfie (John Cho) could be good, but probably won't be as edgy as it needs to be. Sort of a modern day Pygmalion/My Fair Lady.
Dickie Dunn
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Dickie Dunn »

Loaf31 wrote:Just finished binge watching Prison Break....
Spoiler:
Could have done without the entire SONA story line. Also the 22nd to last episode was a way better finale than the actual finale
Any suggestions for a new binge watch? (Already did Breaking Bad and Rescue Me)
Drama: The Wire or The Shield
Dramedy: Chuck or Psych

I actually thought of this one while typing the bottom part of this post, but check out Terriers. Was an FX comedy-drama starring Donal Logue that only lasted for one season, but its completely awesome.

As far as new shows, I'm not overly impressed or intrigued by any of them. I'll check out Gotham, but to me it looks like a hot mess that has too much crap crammed into it (teenage Catwoman, child version of Poison Ivy) that might be saved by Donal Logue's awesomeness. I would be more interested in this if it was more Gordon and Bullock and less Batman universe with everyone aged down 20 years.

I'm also going to give Constantine a go. I'm a fan of the movie (I know, I'm a horrible person) and it got consistently good reviews (and better reviews than Gotham) coming out of Comic Con.

Other than that, I'm sure Bad Judge will get a couple viewings because the wife likes Kate Walsh and I'll get into Flash once I have a chance to watch Arrow.
Lt. Dish
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Lt. Dish »

tifosi77 wrote:
largegarlic wrote:Re: Flight of the Choncords

Supposedly Jemaine tweeted that he misspoke, and it's not really Flight of the Conchords...just some show he (they?) are doing four episodes of for HBO.
Flight of the Conchords' Jemaine Clement Denies HBO Renewal Rumors
:sad:
Me, too. I love those guys.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

So Chuck is good? For some reason I have it in my head that it read a lousy flop