Dispersal Draft - Regular Season Voting - 4th place

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.

Fourth Place

Poll ended at Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:28 pm

Hartford
4%
Iceland
44%
New York
No votes
-----------------------------
No votes
Carolina
11%
Columbus
30%
Magnitogorsk
11%

Total votes: 27

mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Dispersal Draft - Regular Season Voting - 4th place

Post by mikey287 »

As discussed, we have opened up our Dispersal Draft for public voting on REGULAR SEASON STANDINGS ONLY.

Brief synopsis of what happened for those not following along: NHL contracted down to 12 teams for one season only. We had a dispersal draft for the 2014-15 season. You are voting on the regular season standings for how good you think those teams are. Feel free to opine, or just check the appropriate box.

You are voting for fourth place in each respective conference, please do not vote for two teams on one side of the "-----------" divider or vote any other number but two teams (one for each conference)...

Please read this thread for more information about the teams BEFORE VOTING (obviously) or see the easy team index below: http://www.letsgopens.com/scripts/phpBB ... =6&t=64414" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Easy index:

Foster Hewitt Conference:
Hartford
Iceland
Los Angeles
New York
St. Louis
Seattle

Danny Gallivan Conference:
California
Carolina
Columbus
Magnitogorsk
Montreal
Toronto

In the event that I do not get a healthy sample size, I will elicit other voters from outside sources.

Feel free to discuss your selections in here and other pertinent information. Thank you.

Current standings

Foster Hewitt Conference
1. St. Louis
2. Seattle
3. Los Angeles

Danny Gallivan Conference
1. California
2. Montreal
3. Toronto

Previous vote (1st): http://www.letsgopens.com/scripts/phpBB ... =6&t=64476" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Previous vote (2nd): http://www.letsgopens.com/scripts/phpBB ... =6&t=64489" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Previous vote (3rd): http://www.letsgopens.com/scripts/phpBB ... =6&t=64498" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: Dispersal Draft - Regular Season Voting - 4th place

Post by mikey287 »

This will be the final poll as it is for the last playoff spot. I'm not sure there's a strong need to decipher 5th from 6th...unless there's a desire to do so...
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

well, i think we all know how this one is going to end...
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by mikey287 »

I don't know what's so wrong with that Carolina team...
pcm
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by pcm »

Man, if i had known this was going to be a beauty pageant, i wouldnt have put together a hockey team. #evil
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

I think the biggest problem with the Carolina team is that it just makes me say, meh when I look at the entire team. It's good from top to bottom, but not really really great in any one particular thing. Maybe that was to be the point, but compared to the others, I wouldn't vote for that team.
Avyran
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Avyran »

I, uh... don't get this vote very much.

Lemme break down how I see the teams again.

Div1
1) Hartford - Great top line, very good defense with no real hole. Rinne has potential to steal games. Offense seems a little lacking, though, with no real setup man outside of Kopitar. Trotz & Carlyle will ensure the scoring is low against them, but don't think they have the offense to win a lot of games. That's why I don't want to vote for them over Iceland.

2) Iceland - I've supported Iceland from the start. They remind me of the Blues or the Sharks - regular season heroes. A very, very deep team with a lot of high-scoring players that are great in the regular season, but I question their offensive playoff ability. They were my vote for 1st in the division, and I will keep supporting them.

3) NY - Again, incomplete. Have a good backbone, like many have mentioned, but I can't vote for 'em.

Div2

1) Carolina/TBD - Great goaltending that carried the NYR into the playoffs. A quality top 6 (that 2nd line is great). A bottom six capable of shutting down opponents pretty well (don't quite see how Pominville fits there, but meh). A good enough defense. A coach that has shown he can coach well. Again, very reminiscent of the NYR: nothing that stands out, but a good team as a whole.

2) Columbus - This is where I really disagree. I don't see this team beating out Carolina or the Russians. Roy & Stevens will ensure there's a lot of grit and emotion to their play. Landeskog/Stamkos/Kessel will light up the regular season. However, I am not very positive on the rest of the team.

3) Russia - This team is like Montreal. Price & Luongo = Great goaltending. Their defense is among the best in the league, with Suter/Weber. A Skinner/Duchene/Wheeler line will skate through entire teams (and probably get their heads clocked once or twice along the way). Second line's kinda weak except for Staal. Third line's a pain; same with 4th.

It's between the Ranger lookalike and the Canadien lookalike to me. Obviously, the vote's pretty much decided, but oh well. Actually think it's really cool how different the vote is from my opinion. Anyway, I voted for Iceland and Russia to represent the world.
MalkinIsMyHomeboy
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by MalkinIsMyHomeboy »

mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by mikey287 »

Congrats Iceland and Columbus for grabbing the last playoff spot in their respective conferences. Please see the playoff matchup threads...