TV Shows

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
Hockeynut!
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Re: TV Shows

Post by Hockeynut! »

dodint wrote:Well, I watched UTD tonight and haven't uttered a peep. ;)
:(
dodint
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dodint »

FXX is doing the Simpsons Marathon wrong.
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by skullman80 »

dodint wrote:FXX is doing the Simpsons Marathon wrong.
That sucks. OAR is the only way to go. DNR is even worse when its done. Sucks they are doing that to a great show.
blackjack68
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by blackjack68 »

Stonecutters episode on now.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

blackjack68 wrote:Stonecutters episode on now.
We dooo
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

Uber boring episode of HoW this week.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

PensFanInDC wrote:Uber boring episode of HoW this week.
Agree. This was the first episode in a long time I was bored.
Dickie Dunn
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Dickie Dunn »

Read a description of the True Blood finale and a "How did everyone end up?" article. Everyone who made it through every episode of that show deserves a medal.
Hockeynut!
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Hockeynut! »

I actually thought this season of True Blood was pretty goody. Last season was an absolute train wreck, but this year, especially the second half, was solid.
MalkinIsMyHomeboy
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by MalkinIsMyHomeboy »

dodint wrote:
tifosi77 wrote:
dodint wrote:Any firey anger I have for Discovery.....
Speaking of firey anger for Discovery: Grant Imahara, Kari Byron and Tory Belleci To Leave MYTHBUSTERS
Yeah, no. They ruined the show and I hope they never come back. Great news.
kind of somewhat agree. they came off as really annoying, especially after every explosion: "WOAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!! OHMAGURDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!"
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

I'm really looking forward to watching HoW now. :p
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kraftster »

Anyone watching The Leftovers? It has really come together over the past few episodes. I thought last night's episode was exceptional and now feel that the show is very much worth watching.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kraftster »

I suffered through True Blood. I am baffled by the fact that people are expressing disappointment over the finale. To suggest such disappointment necessarily implies that one had some level of expectation for the finale. I do not know how anyone could have watched the past 3 seasons of the show and thought the finale could be worthwhile.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

Hockeynut! wrote:I actually thought this season of True Blood was pretty goody. Last season was an absolute train wreck, but this year, especially the second half, was solid.
it was sloppy, uninspired writing. there was no development and archetypes thrown into the wind. it was abysmal. id rather read pfidc's buddy's book.
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

Kraftster wrote:I suffered through True Blood. I am baffled by the fact that people are expressing disappointment over the finale. To suggest such disappointment necessarily implies that one had some level of expectation for the finale. I do not know how anyone could have watched the past 3 seasons of the show and thought the finale could be worthwhile.
Thats how i felt. I have been in the room for most of the episodes while the fiancee was watching it the last couple years and basically never cared about what was happening. I think true blood may single handedly be the reason i got into candy crush. I mostly paid attention last night and was let down but then thought about my experience with the show the last few seasons and it wrapped it up nicely.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Holy ****. Idoit is engaged?
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by eddysnake »

50 episodes in to Parks and Rec and it has easily surpassed The Office as a better show. There has not been 1 bad episode in the 50 I watched. It's already up there as one of the best comedies ever for me.
Jim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Jim »

The Strain on FX might have just saved itself from being deleted from my DVR queue. Watching the 7th episode and frankly not much has happened to move the story along. Most of the plot is quite clear, it has simply been uneventful and a bit boring. Frankly, the humans should not have much of a chance at all. Then the last 3 minutes of the episode... There appear to be some new players in town, led by Mr. Quinlan (Stephen McHattie). Whatever they are, they could make things... interesting.

The bad thing, Stephen McHattie does not have a credit for the Strain on his IMDB list... so hopefully him and his crew are more than just passing through.
blackjack68
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by blackjack68 »

So Breaking Bad wins every Emmy. Meh.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

Kraftster wrote:Anyone watching The Leftovers? It has really come together over the past few episodes. I thought last night's episode was exceptional and now feel that the show is very much worth watching.
Full disclosure, I haven't watched one episode. I heard from others that after 2-3 episodes they stopped watching. Are you saying it is now worth watching? Sounds like it and I would love to watch if so.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kraftster »

Yeah, I said that I was sort of unsure after 2-4 episodes. The last handful of episodes, the show has really come on. The picture continues to come into focus more and more but with many things still fairly obscured. There are some really jarring scenes in the show too. Most people I know who have been watching have been pretty amped up about the last few.

Edit: I have never seen Lost. My coworker says that there are a lot of similarities, in a good way.
Staggy
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Staggy »

blackjack68 wrote:So Breaking Bad wins every Emmy. Meh.
No way Aaron Paul should have won over Dinklage, I was shocked by that. I guess that should have been the sign that BB was going to sweep everything. I had minor problems with Anna Gunn winning over Lena Headey, but I thought the rest of BB's awards were well deserved.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

I hated Anna Gunn's character, so maybe that's why I thought Lena Headey should have won. I just thought, as well as Anna Gunn played her part, that Lena Headey showed an incredible amount of flexibility with Cersei.
FreeCandy44
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by FreeCandy44 »

Jim wrote:The Strain on FX might have just saved itself from being deleted from my DVR queue. Watching the 7th episode and frankly not much has happened to move the story along. Most of the plot is quite clear, it has simply been uneventful and a bit boring. Frankly, the humans should not have much of a chance at all. Then the last 3 minutes of the episode... There appear to be some new players in town, led by Mr. Quinlan (Stephen McHattie). Whatever they are, they could make things... interesting.

The bad thing, Stephen McHattie does not have a credit for the Strain on his IMDB list... so hopefully him and his crew are more than just passing through.
I think im just about done with this show.
meecrofilm
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by meecrofilm »

Staggy wrote:
blackjack68 wrote:So Breaking Bad wins every Emmy. Meh.
No way Aaron Paul should have won over Dinklage, I was shocked by that. I guess that should have been the sign that BB was going to sweep everything. I had minor problems with Anna Gunn winning over Lena Headey, but I thought the rest of BB's awards were well deserved.
Continuity seems to reign supreme at the Emmy's.