Official 2014-2015 Pittsburgh Steelers Thread

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
FreeCandy44
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Re: Official 2014-2015 Pittsburgh Steelers Thread

Post by FreeCandy44 »

Rocco wrote:If Big Ben goes down, the Steelers are toast. #analysis
Like sand through the hour glass.....
tifosi77
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by tifosi77 »

So Shazier appears to be pretty good at football.
viva la ben
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by viva la ben »

Has Lance Moore done anything so far?
FreeCandy44
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by FreeCandy44 »

viva la ben wrote:Has Lance Moore done anything so far?
He puts on his uniform very well.
Rocco
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Rocco »

Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sam's Drunk Dog »

Landry Jones should not make the final roster, but he probably will.
viva la ben
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by viva la ben »

Yep, should have traded Ben.
Rocco
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Rocco »

Sam's Drunk Dog wrote:Landry Jones should not make the final roster, but he probably will.
He's looking at a future in real estate.
Geezer
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Geezer »

Sam's Drunk Dog wrote:Landry Jones should not make the final roster, but he probably will.
I think he may end up on the practice squad this year. He won't get claimed if he gets cut and if he does,so what.
tifosi77
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by tifosi77 »

The last couple years I've sort of been dreading the start of the season. This year, I'm excited. Small sample size, I know. But I'm generally liking what I see on both sides of the ball so far.
Rocco
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Rocco »

Watching the Steelers game on DVR. Can't wait until I get to hear Nelson make excuses for Landry.
pittsoccer33
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by pittsoccer33 »

tifosi77 wrote:The last couple years I've sort of been dreading the start of the season. This year, I'm excited. Small sample size, I know. But I'm generally liking what I see on both sides of the ball so far.
Are you a big football fan? My friends and I have joked before about how much fun it would be to follow an eastern team out there on the west coast. Football games from the time you get up till its time to go to bed.
Rocco
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Rocco »

Marcus Gilbert signed to a 6 yer, $30M extension.
FreeCandy44
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by FreeCandy44 »

Why??
Rocco
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Rocco »

That doesn't seem like a bad number for an above average tackle. Assuming that he's above average.
Rocco
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Rocco »

Just saw Mike Mitchell's dumbarse unsportsmanlike conduct penalty. He'll replace Clark perfectly.
Rocco
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Rocco »

"Instead of getting in spread formation..." -Edmund Nelson, on a play where the Steelers had 4 receivers
Dickie Dunn
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Dickie Dunn »

That's a pretty good number for Gilbert.
Rocco
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Rocco »

Keisel is back with the Steelers, according to Schefter. I don't think he's got anything left, but the defense struggled to stop the run last week. There are worse cheap depth options, I suppose.

Glad to see the FO can take care of these things but not find the time to work out an extension for their franchise QB.
tifosi77
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by tifosi77 »

pittsoccer33 wrote:
tifosi77 wrote:The last couple years I've sort of been dreading the start of the season. This year, I'm excited. Small sample size, I know. But I'm generally liking what I see on both sides of the ball so far.
Are you a big football fan? My friends and I have joked before about how much fun it would be to follow an eastern team out there on the west coast. Football games from the time you get up till its time to go to bed.
I moved here in October '97, so the season was already in full swing. We got into town on a Friday evening, and promptly made plans with my ex-roomate from college (who is the guy who got me to make the move) to get together and watch football on Sunday. He was like "Yeah, we'll go to my favorite bar in Santa Monica. They have all the games going. I'll pick you up at 9:30." That's when it hit me. :lol:

Best thing is that the night games are over at normal times. You actually have like four more hours before lights out.

Mrs Tif and I got Sunday Ticket for the first time last year and we had to face a stark reality; we now live in a world where, for five months out of the year, our weeks are only six days long. Sunday, outside of football, simply does not exist.
Rocco
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Rocco »

tifosi77 wrote:
pittsoccer33 wrote:
I moved here in October '97, so the season was already in full swing. We got into town on a Friday evening, and promptly made plans with my ex-roomate from college (who is the guy who got me to make the move) to get together and watch football on Sunday. He was like "Yeah, we'll go to my favorite bar in Santa Monica. They have all the games going. I'll pick you up at 9:30." That's when it hit me. :lol:

Best thing is that the night games are over at normal times. You actually have like four more hours before lights out.

Mrs Tif and I got Sunday Ticket for the first time last year and we had to face a stark reality; we now live in a world where, for five months out of the year, our weeks are only six days long. Sunday, outside of football, simply does not exist.
Current lady friend suggested sua sponte we get Sunday Ticket. I've chosen wisely.
Geezer
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Geezer »

Bad move re-signing Keisel. He had a real good career but he was part of the run defense problem last year; he's not part of the solution. They would have been better keeping Mauro , Arnfelt or whatever DL rookies they cut. Steelers were on the right path getting younger and faster. Returning to older ,slower isn't going to help.
Crankshaft
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Crankshaft »

Geezer wrote:Bad move re-signing Keisel. He had a real good career but he was part of the run defense problem last year; he's not part of the solution. They would have been better keeping Mauro , Arnfelt or whatever DL rookies they cut. Steelers were on the right path getting younger and faster. Returning to older ,slower isn't going to help.
There is a difference between starting DE Brett Keisel and veteran depth DE Brett Keisel.
Rocco
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Rocco »

Geezer wrote:Bad move re-signing Keisel. He had a real good career but he was part of the run defense problem last year; he's not part of the solution. They would have been better keeping Mauro , Arnfelt or whatever DL rookies they cut. Steelers were on the right path getting younger and faster. Returning to older ,slower isn't going to help.
Keisel against the run wasn't really that bad last year. And having him around to play 15-20 snaps isn't a terrible thing. None of those rookies showed a whole lot.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

Colin Dunlap just tweeted Steelers RB Le'Veon Bell & RB LeGarrette Blount charged by Ross Twp Police today w marijuana poss. Bell also charged w DUI after stop today.