Official 2014-2015 Pittsburgh Steelers Thread

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Re: Official 2014-2015 Pittsburgh Steelers Thread

Post by DudeMan2766 »

I was drinking pretty heavily yesterday and I need to know if this Steelers Trivia show hosted by Bob Pomp I watched at like 1 am was a real thing? It was without a doubt the yinziest yinzer thing I've ever seen. The teams I believe were the "Jack Hammers" 3 fat guys named the "Pudgy Polamalous" or something like that and the 3rd team name escapes me. Every contestant dressed to the nines in deyr Stiller garb and waving terrible towels as they correctly answer a question.

Upon a google search I see it has been around quite a while, somehow this is the first I've seen of it. Just everything that embodies what the biggest stereotypical Steeler fans are.
Grunthy
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Grunthy »

You mean to tell me there is a steelers themed trivia show, with hardcore steelers fans on it, in Pittsburgh, PA? You sir are a liar. Nothing like that exists anywhere in the world... :pop:
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by DudeMan2766 »

Grunthy wrote:You mean to tell me there is a steelers themed trivia show, with hardcore steelers fans on it, in Pittsburgh, PA? You sir are a liar. Nothing like that exists anywhere in the world... :pop:
That doesn't make it right.
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

What is wrong with it?
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

It's cool to hate Pittsburgh team fans, didn't you know that?
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

Idoit40fans wrote:What is wrong with it?
Dudeman has a yinzer complex of epic proportions.
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by DudeMan2766 »

the wicked child wrote:
Examples? I'm hardly the only one that's made jokes about the ridiculousness of the over the top love of the Steelers this town has at times. I just thought a game show with people wearing foam steel beams on their heads and waving towels in celebration of knowing a player from the 70s was a little silly is all.
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

The over the top love for the Steelers this town has sickened me so much that instead of not being a football fan i began actively rooting for the team that had most recently beat the steelers in the super bowl. That said, i dont see whats wrong with the quiz show described.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

DudeMan2766 wrote:
the wicked child wrote:
Examples? I'm hardly the only one that's made jokes about the ridiculousness of the over the top love of the Steelers this town has at times. I just thought a game show with people wearing foam steel beams on their heads and waving towels in celebration of knowing a player from the 70s was a little silly is all.
Might just be me, but you seem overly sensitive to all things Yinzers/Stillers. Carry on.
KennyTheKangaroo
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by KennyTheKangaroo »

dudeman is one of the top self loathing yinzers on this board and there is nothing wrong with that.
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

KennyTheKangaroo wrote:dudeman is one of the top self loathing yinzers on this board and there is nothing wrong with that.
I felt like I was in contention, given my bitterness over Aramis Ramirez, but dudeman seems like the real champion.
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

Troy is the runaway leader in this category, and its not even close. His record in Steelers threads is unmatched.
IanMoran
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by IanMoran »

I see nothing wrong with that show

I also find almost all yinzer-hate jokes annoying. Not because I have anything against it in theory, but its just rarely funny and everyone repeating the same stuff over and over

"STUPID YINZER, PROBABLY WANTS TO GO TO KENNYWOOD TO WATCH SOME FIREWORKS AND DRINK SOME ARHN CITY N'AT!' HAHAHAH :roll:
Last edited by IanMoran on Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KennyTheKangaroo
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by KennyTheKangaroo »

the difference in troy loney vs. dudeman in the self loathing yinzer category is that dudeman makes it well known he hates all things stiller. gentleman loney, on the other hand, appears to be a stiller fan to some degree. and that appearance of at least caring what the stillers do is what gives troy loney the self loathing crown.

columbia does not argue enough to warrant conversation in this topic.
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

Thanks....I think.
IanMoran
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by IanMoran »

Is loney really that much of a "self loathing yinzer"? Maybe I don't pay enough attention, but it just seems like the same argument repeated once a month. Loney doesn't think the Steelers FO has done a good job / also feels they should get rid of Big Ben. Everyone else disagrees.

While I don't agree with him either, it just seems like one topic argued multiple times
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

I'll be the #1 steeler fan in the city the instant the post roethlisberger era begins.
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

IanMoran wrote:Is loney really that much of a "self loathing yinzer"? Maybe I don't pay enough attention, but it just seems like the same argument repeated once a month. Loney doesn't think the Steelers FO has done a good job / also feels they should get rid of Big Ben. Everyone else disagrees.

While I don't agree with him either, it just seems like one topic argued multiple times
Troy Loney hates/loves all things Pittsburgh, particularly East End neighborhoods.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

IanMoran wrote:Is loney really that much of a "self loathing yinzer"? Maybe I don't pay enough attention, but it just seems like the same argument repeated once a month. Loney doesn't think the Steelers FO has done a good job / also feels they should get rid of Big Ben. Everyone else disagrees.

It's been morphed a few times. The recent reappearance was due to rocco trolling. The occasion that probably makes you think that was the lamar woodley discussion. I lumped it in with the colon contract as a bad one that has lead to salary cap issues. That with the power of hindsight, it's a bad contract. Then people said, no it was a good contract that turned out bad, which by my definition, is the same thing as a bad contract, it has the same effect as a bad contract.

I'm sure either rocco or slappy took a position against me, so everyone felt justified in jumping in...then a simple semantic disagreement is ten pages long.
Rocco
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Rocco »

IanMoran wrote:I see nothing wrong with that show

I also find almost all yinzer-hate jokes annoying. Not because I have anything against it in theory, but its just rarely funny and everyone repeating the same stuff over and over

"STUPID YINZER, PROBABLY WANTS TO GO TO KENNYWOOD TO WATCH SOME FIREWORKS AND DRINK SOME ARHN CITY N'AT!' HAHAHAH :roll:
What's wrong with Kennywood?
Rocco
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Rocco »

Troy Loney wrote:

It's been morphed a few times. The recent reappearance was due to rocco trolling. The occasion that probably makes you think that was the lamar woodley discussion. I lumped it in with the colon contract as a bad one that has lead to salary cap issues. That with the power of hindsight, it's a bad contract. Then people said, no it was a good contract that turned out bad, which by my definition, is the same thing as a bad contract, it has the same effect as a bad contract.

I'm sure either rocco or slappy took a position against me, so everyone felt justified in jumping in...then a simple semantic disagreement is ten pages long.
Had to be Slappy. I don't have that kind of power or following.
FreeCandy44
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by FreeCandy44 »

Sooooooooo.....Greg Warren hurt his leg?

http://triblive.com/mobile/6594223-96/s ... ills-jones" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Letang Is The Truth »

Oh no the steelers are doomed
offsides
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by offsides »

Bend but don't break. I'm OK with that.
blackjack68
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by blackjack68 »

Updates appreciated since it's not on TV here.