TV Shows

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Re: TV Shows

Post by shafnutz05 »

the wicked child wrote:
shafnutz05 wrote:Just finished Fargo.... Brilliant. On the same tier as Breaking Bad, et al in my opinion. The entire cast was phenomenal, cannot wait for the next season
What's the deal with this show? Is it available On Demand or on Netflix? Do I need to be familiar with the movie to enjoy/understand/care about the show?
Being familiar with the movie helps, as there are some nods to the film scattered throughout. But you certainly don't have to have seen it. That being said, the movie is well worth the watch
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

The movie is on netflix, though, if you're interested.
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

The movie isn't a must see, but you should really watch it if you haven't seen it.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kraftster »

Anyone still watching The Leftovers. That scene from the episode that aired on 7/27. Wow. I found that tough to stomach.
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

Kraftster wrote:Anyone still watching The Leftovers. That scene from the episode that aired on 7/27. Wow. I found that tough to stomach.
Which scene?
Hockeynut!
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Hockeynut! »

I didn't see the latest episode of The Leftovers but I watched all the others. I assume you mean in the scene in the woods. That was definitely hard to watch.
Hockeynut!
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Hockeynut! »

Anyone watch the last episode of Longmire?
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

Watched the first 4 episodes of HoW Season 3 yesterday. It's basically a new show and I don't miss what's her name at all.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

PensFanInDC wrote:Watched the first 4 episodes of HoW Season 3 yesterday. It's basically a new show and I don't miss what's her name at all.
I was still shocked though when they killed Lilly.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

As was I but I'm not sad to see her character go. She was infuriating to me for some reason. I didn't like her and Bohanon together. I think his character is better developed with her death and, to me, his character is the reason I am watching. I want to know what happens to him.

At the point where I am watching there are rumors of Sherman coming to HoW. I would LOVE to see those 2 interact but I don't know if they are going to write that in because I am not sure if it's historically accurate and I also don't know how much they are sticking to history in this show.
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sam's Drunk Dog »

Looks like involvement by Sherman would be possibly at least somewhat historically accurate:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Te ... um_service" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
One of Sherman's main concerns in postwar commands was to protect the construction and operation of the railroads from attack by hostile Indians.
KennyTheKangaroo
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by KennyTheKangaroo »

Sherman was a mean mother effer when it came to the plains indians.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

Sam's Drunk Dog wrote:Looks like involvement by Sherman would be possibly at least somewhat historically accurate:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Te ... um_service" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
One of Sherman's main concerns in postwar commands was to protect the construction and operation of the railroads from attack by hostile Indians.
Well that is how the show is playing him coming into the story. I hope it pans out. Should finish season 3 today or tomorrow.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

HoW

The Swede might be one of the most brutal characters I've ever seen.
JeffDFD
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by JeffDFD »

I watched the HOW premier. Enjoyed it. The Swede is a pretty intense dude. Great villain. I am interested to see how this season unfolds.
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by DudeMan2766 »

"Nathan For You" is getting into the must-watch category for me.
FreeCandy44
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by FreeCandy44 »

I just dont find it funny
dodint
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dodint »

PensFanInDC wrote:Under The Dome hit a brand new level of cheesey tonight.
And then, it topped itself this week. Ugh.
Spoiler:
I know it's ticky tack, but the high school is at the exact center of the Dome. The dome is six miles wide. So to walk through the underground cave to get "outside the Dome" would require a minimum of three miles. That's a hell of a tunnel to dig, it's pretty far for those two to walk, and it's a really wicked sprint for Julia after she blows the debris blocking the tunnel. She covers that distance in world record time without breaking a sweat. It's a small detail, but it tells me the writers don't respect the audience at all.
My statement doesn't pertain to just the nit pick in the spoiler tag, the whole show is cheesy. If you introduce rain into a dust cloud that is strong enough to choke you, it rains mud like in Iraq. The dust doesn't just dissipate. So much 'cheesey' stuff like that and the show is getting worse.
Hockeynut!
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Hockeynut! »

UTD really is a terrible show. The writers seem so clueless the way they try to work a "crisis of the week" into every episode (dust storms! disease! no food! no water!) and then they wrap it up in 45 minutes every single time. It's hilarious. The show also features what is probably the worst acting I've ever seen on a legitimate network drama. I don't buy for a second that they thought those kid actors were going to have such big storylines when the show began otherwise they would have hired, you know, kids that could act. This bunch would stick out as bad actors in a Nickelodeon series.
Dickie Dunn
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Dickie Dunn »

I've never watched the show, but seeing the weekly comments about the terribleness and cheesiness of UTD, it amazes me that the guy responsible for Y: The Last Man developed this mess for television.
Beveridge
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Beveridge »

I actually enjoy UTD. Cheesy all the way but whatever, it's make believe. It's crazy enough that it keeps me entertained.
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by eddysnake »

halfway through season 2 of parks and rec. Definitely improved on main ladies character. What a great show, I'm surprised with how consistently hilarious each episode has been so far.
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Letang Is The Truth »

eddysnake wrote:halfway through season 2 of parks and rec. Definitely improved on main ladies character. What a great show, I'm surprised with how consistently hilarious each episode has been so far.
http://tomhaverfoods.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

Beveridge wrote:I actually enjoy UTD. Cheesy all the way but whatever, it's make believe. It's crazy enough that it keeps me entertained.
This is where I stand. I can take the cheesiness and bad acting. It's a popcorn sci-fi fantasy show. It should be on the CW.

Haven't watched this week yet.
dodint
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dodint »

PensFanInDC wrote:
Beveridge wrote:I actually enjoy UTD. Cheesy all the way but whatever, it's make believe. It's crazy enough that it keeps me entertained.
This is where I stand. I can take the cheesiness and bad acting. It's a popcorn sci-fi fantasy show. It should be on the CW.
Man, that's weird. I had the exact same thought:
Spoiler:
When they're sitting in the living room with the egg and it's bathing everything in purple.
At that moment something about the aura and the camera angle just screamed "CW" to me to the point that it actually popped into my head. Either that or ABC Family since the show makes as much sense as Pretty Little Liars.