TV Shows

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Re: TV Shows

Post by newarenanow »

http://www.post-gazette.com/ae/tv-radio ... 1407220039" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The simpsons will air their 26th season this year. Some highlights:

- A regular character will die in the season premier. The title is "A Clown in the Dumps" so people are speculating if it's Krusty or Sideshow Mel
- There will be a Simpsons/Family Guy hourlong crossover episode for the Family Guy premier
- FXX will start airing the simpsons in syndication numerous times a day, and on Sundays will have an 8 episode mini-marathon leading into the new episode on big FOX
- There is an app with FXX that you can access all Simpsons episodes anytime, anywhere
- Starting I thin on Aug 21, FXX will air all 552 episodes in order in a row. This will end on Sept 1st
- The producers said they do not see an end in sight as of right now. Could go on for a few more years
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

I've tried watching the simpsons a few times in the past few years and I just don't seem to like it much anymore. I will probably check out the season premier to see who dies. When a final season is announced I will certainly watch the final episode if not more of that season. Even if I don't like it all that much now it's still a big part of my TV history.
Pitt87
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
Location: Admin wrote:Rooting for the Flyers is not allowed here. Seriously.

Post by Pitt87 »

PensFanInDC wrote:I've tried watching the simpsons a few times in the past few years and I just don't seem to like it much anymore. I will probably check out the season premier to see who dies. When a final season is announced I will certainly watch the final episode if not more of that season. Even if I don't like it all that much now it's still a big part of my TV history.
It sort of did the opposite of South Park, in that the shows are very much the same as they always were in the 90's and 2000's, where SP is much more pop-culture focused. Each relevant in their own ways, though.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

PensFanInDC wrote:I've tried watching the simpsons a few times in the past few years and I just don't seem to like it much anymore. I will probably check out the season premier to see who dies. When a final season is announced I will certainly watch the final episode if not more of that season. Even if I don't like it all that much now it's still a big part of my TV history.
I feel the same. I've stated it numerous times in this thread, that post season 9/10, it just hasn't been that great. Now, in the last 5 years or so, it has definitely gotten better, but it's no where near the "golden" years of like seasons 3-9.

I think I continue to watch it because I've been doing it for 25 years. I don't hate it, which is why I still watch it, but it is not as good as the early years. And I don't think it's because I've gotten older, because I still laugh my butt off when I watch the older episodes, I just think they have pushed so much focus on making Homer stupid in such a blantant way, it's just over the top and takes away from the rest of the show.
Digitalgypsy66
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Digitalgypsy66 »

Is it weird my kids (8 and 5) don't know who Bart Simpson is? Their first exposure to the Simpsons was the Simpsons Lego House at a Mall. :lol:

I know they are a little young for most of the humor, but still...
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Digitalgypsy66 wrote:Is it weird my kids (8 and 5) don't know who Bart Simpson is? Their first exposure to the Simpsons was the Simpsons Lego House at a Mall. :lol:

My daughter who is 4 knows who they are, but it's because she'll watch the Simpsons with me.

My other nieces and nephews have no idea who they are.
KennyTheKangaroo
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by KennyTheKangaroo »

nan do you let your daughter play your nintendo games? or is that off limits?
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

KennyTheKangaroo wrote:nan do you let your daughter play your nintendo games? or is that off limits?
She hasn't really expressed any interest in video games yet. I'd let her play the Wii. I don't want her dirty hands on my NES stuff though.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

Watched last week's (7-16) Graceland last night... Agent Warren is so...
Spoiler:
BUSTED
Spoiler:
caught between his two women, who both figure it out when the DC one surprise-visits Graceland

Anyone else still watching FOX's Gang Related? We've fallen 8 eps behind on that one and I'm not really feeling it.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

GAH!!! I forgot that show was back on! How many episodes have we missed?
Crankshaft
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Crankshaft »

Haven't watched this week's Graceland yet.

I watched the first episode of Gang Related. Decided to put it on the DVR. Haven't watched it since. I'm leaving it there for a rainy day.
blackjack68
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by blackjack68 »

newarenanow wrote:
Digitalgypsy66 wrote:Is it weird my kids (8 and 5) don't know who Bart Simpson is? Their first exposure to the Simpsons was the Simpsons Lego House at a Mall. :lol:

My daughter who is 4 knows who they are, but it's because she'll watch the Simpsons with me.

My other nieces and nephews have no idea who they are.
The marathon of all 522 episodes is coming. It's a learning opportunity.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

I'm actually a little happy that I forgot about Graceland. I now have 6 episodes to binge watch. I loved the first season.
Beveridge
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Beveridge »

PensFanInDC wrote:I'm actually a little happy that I forgot about Graceland. I now have 6 episodes to binge watch. I loved the first season.
I've enjoyed the 2nd season to date.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

I still have no idea how you have a second season. Pumped to find out...
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by skullman80 »

So I finished Season 4 of Breaking Bad tonight... holy crap. Started the first few episodes of season 5 as well. It's so hard to stop watching, but have to sleep at some point.

Still so far I think the last two episodes of Season 3 are my favorite over all in the series.
largegarlic
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by largegarlic »

skullman80 wrote:So I finished Season 4 of Breaking Bad tonight... holy crap. Started the first few episodes of season 5 as well. It's so hard to stop watching, but have to sleep at some point.

Still so far I think the last two episodes of Season 3 are my favorite over all in the series.
I'm not even sure I remember the end of season 3, since the events of seasons 4, 5, and 6 kind of eclipsed that in my mind.

Was the end of season 3
Spoiler:
Jesse shooting Gale?
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

Yes
Staggy
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Staggy »

Crawl Space near the end of season 4 was one of my favorite episodes of the series. I can't believe Cranston didn't win the Emmy with that episode.
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by skullman80 »

Staggy wrote:Crawl Space near the end of season 4 was one of my favorite episodes of the series. I can't believe Cranston didn't win the Emmy with that episode.
Agree on that episode.

I'm on pace to finish the series by the end of this weekend or Monday. I'm through the first 4 episodes of season 5A, probably finish off the last 4 of the 5a tonight, and start 5B tomorrow at some point.

I have to force myself to stop watching. My wife says I'm an addict haha.
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by skullman80 »

largegarlic wrote:
skullman80 wrote:So I finished Season 4 of Breaking Bad tonight... holy crap. Started the first few episodes of season 5 as well. It's so hard to stop watching, but have to sleep at some point.

I'm not even sure I remember the end of season 3, since the events of seasons 4, 5, and 6 kind of eclipsed that in my mind.

Was the end of season 3
Spoiler:
Jesse shooting Gale?
Yes... I thought those last two episodes just fit together like a glove and were an awesome 90 minutes or so of TV. It really set the tone for what happened in season 4 and beyond as well.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

skullman80 wrote:
Staggy wrote:Crawl Space near the end of season 4 was one of my favorite episodes of the series. I can't believe Cranston didn't win the Emmy with that episode.
Agree on that episode.

I'm on pace to finish the series by the end of this weekend or Monday. I'm through the first 4 episodes of season 5A, probably finish off the last 4 of the 5a tonight, and start 5B tomorrow at some point.

Breaking Bad is a hell of a drug
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

I honestly no longer remember a lot of the individual episodes since I binge watched the crap out of the first 4 seasons.
Digitalgypsy66
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Digitalgypsy66 »

the wicked child wrote:I honestly no longer remember a lot of the individual episodes since I binge watched the crap out of the first 4 seasons.
Yeah, me too. All I remember now is that there wasn't a terrible episode at any point.
Staggy
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Staggy »

skullman80 wrote:
Agree on that episode.

I always try to get people that are binge watching it to take a day off in between every episode in the last half season just so they can soak everything. Never works haha