TV Shows

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Re: TV Shows

Post by eddysnake »

what happened to comedians in cars getting coffee. The first season was great, 2nd season slacked a little, but had it's moments. This season has been terrible. The John Stewart episode felt like it was scripted and the others just weren't funny or interesting. too bad.
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by eddysnake »

knives of ice wrote:I pretty much lost hope in The Strain after the 2nd episode. the way they try to crowbar the agent's family, his custody battle, and addiction into that episode i could give a care about. horrible writing. pathetic.
sounds like it's on pace with the book then, the writing was horrible, but it did get better in the sense that it was completely ridiculous and fun, hope the show goes that route.
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by skullman80 »

So finished season 3 of breaking bad. What a finale. I kind of saw it coming a bit, but not quite in that way. Can't believe I missed this show when it was on. Guess its nice to be able to binge watch now though. Only bad thing is the wife didn't seem to like it the couple episodes she saw, so I have to make time to watch it alone.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

BB is awesome in binge mode. I got to watch the first 4 seasons in that manner. Having to wait week to week (and the year break in the middle) for season 5 was painful.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

My wife wasn't a fan. In her defense the first episode she watched was the train episode in season 5. Those who have seen the show can probably understand why she wasn't very fond of the show with that as her only frame of reference.

I watched it alone but she came with me to a series finale party and had a good time. She actually really enjoyed the ending.
PensHckyFan79
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by PensHckyFan79 »

Dickie Dunn wrote:
PensHckyFan79 wrote:so about the wire I binge watched it through amazon prime and I thought it was really good points of the final season made me cringe a lot. but.
Spoiler:
I can't remember I think the 3rd season when brother muzone is looking to get back at omar and he sends his thug into the gay bar was Rawls there I think it panned over to him at the one point or did I just imagine that
Spoiler:

No imagination on your part.
That was a quick confirmation. I wonder why they never expanded on that.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

I at least figured McNulty or someone would be able to use it as leverage at some point.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

It didn't really matter in the context of the show... I'm not sure if it was supposed to be humorous or one of those "well, that explains a lot" kinda deals. Whatever it was, they never revisited it.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

they weren't much into fan service. anything you wanted, they'd deprive you of it pretty regularly. so it makes sense that they wouldn't bust that situation open.
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by skullman80 »

the wicked child wrote:BB is awesome in binge mode. I got to watch the first 4 seasons in that manner. Having to wait week to week (and the year break in the middle) for season 5 was painful.
I have the last two seasons coming today from Amazon on blu-ray so I'll probably finish it out in the next few weeks. Think there is about 30ish episodes left. 13 in season 4, then 16 I think in 5 since they split into two separate 8 episode seasons or half seasons or whatever. Either way really looking forward to where it goes next.
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by skullman80 »

PensFanInDC wrote:My wife wasn't a fan. In her defense the first episode she watched was the train episode in season 5. Those who have seen the show can probably understand why she wasn't very fond of the show with that as her only frame of reference.

I watched it alone but she came with me to a series finale party and had a good time. She actually really enjoyed the ending.
My wife only watched the fist two episodes. She didn't hate it, but she said she really didn't feel like she was invested enough to keep watching. Told her to at least finish out the first season since it was only like 8 episodes, but she tapped out early.

It's odd cause she loves Sons of Anarchy. I know two completely different shows, but I know its' not violence or swearing that bothers her, or episodes revolving around drugs. For whatever reason it just didn't connect with her. It just makes it more fun to watch together. She got into SOA late, while I had watched from episode 1. So it was fun going back to start SOA from the beginning again and seeing her watch everything from the start. We did seasons 1 thru 5 in SOA in about a months time. She actually saw season 6 as it aired. So she kind of watched it backwards, but whatever lol.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

BB can take a bit to get going. I wasn't completely hooked after the first episode. In fact, I didn't watch the second episode for a fairly long time. Once they started rolling though, there was no turning back.
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

I binged on Mountain Men on History Sunday. It seems like a pretty decent show.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

2nd episode of the strain - hard to keep up with the first one, and I suppose they gotta fit some backstory in there somewhere on the Ef guy.

last ship - thought this one was pretty good.
Jim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Jim »

relantel wrote:2nd episode of the strain - hard to keep up with the first one, and I suppose they gotta fit some backstory in there somewhere on the Ef guy.

last ship - thought this one was pretty good.
I want to know if there is a difference between the living vampires and the dead ones. Maybe the vamps that come from dead bodies are just "drones" and cant infect while the ones that come from living people retain higher function and can infect...?

Are the "worms" a byproduct or the cause of the "infection"? If they cause it then they are already all over the city; in the plane, the airport, the warehouse, the van, the morgue, etc.

Are the vampires actually aliens?

I liked the little girl growling in the water. Just her eyes over the surface... that was a good shot.
pens9192
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by pens9192 »

the wicked child wrote:BB is awesome in binge mode. I got to watch the first 4 seasons in that manner. Having to wait week to week (and the year break in the middle) for season 5 was painful.
I watched BB the same way. It was torture waiting for season 5 to start and then waiting a week in between for each new episodes. I think I binge watched season 4 in a few days. What a fantastic show.

This season of 24 was great. If this was the end, I think it was satisfying. Jack saves the day and then has no closure.

I mean, it would have been cool to have him "retire" and be with his family and then another season when he is needed to come out of retirement but that is overused.
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Letang Is The Truth »

i wish jack had died
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

pens9192 wrote:
I watched BB the same way. It was torture waiting for season 5 to start and then waiting a week in between for each new episodes. I think I binge watched season 4 in a few days. What a fantastic show.

This season of 24 was great. If this was the end, I think it was satisfying. Jack saves the day and then has no closure.

I mean, it would have been cool to have him "retire" and be with his family and then another season when he is needed to come out of retirement but that is overused.
Fox's new chief the other day was talking about possibly another 24, among what they envision the 15-16 lineup looking like - quote was out of the TCA or whatever that was. http://www.deadline.com/2014/07/peter-r ... emise-tca/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Rice is credited as the architect of the 24 limited series Live Another Day. Will there be more? “I’d love to see another season of 24,” he said. “(Live Another Day) was twisted and fantastic. It’s a wonderful franchise, and when you look at the show itself, it has many more stories to tell.”
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

I think 24 ended in a way that would work whether or not they decided to do another season. Hopefully they do as this one was very good. The 12 episode format works so much better... Every episode was interesting and exciting as opposed to having 6 filler episodes and 5 horrid plot twists.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

the wicked child wrote:I think 24 ended in a way that would work whether or not they decided to do another season. Hopefully they do as this one was very good. The 12 episode format works so much better... Every episode was interesting and exciting as opposed to having 6 filler episodes and 5 horrid plot twists.
Is there another character out there who has seen as much personal loss as Jack Bauer? And maybe this is why I've been calling Ryan Hardy (The Following) as Bauer-lite - death follows him.
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Froggy »

I just finished the season 4 finale of Breaking Bad. Yeah. Wow.
Digitalgypsy66
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Digitalgypsy66 »

Ray Donovan is back. Not sure if I'm going to watch this time around though. Anyone watch the new episodes yet?
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

what is that show about?
Digitalgypsy66
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Digitalgypsy66 »

It's about a Hollywood "fixer" who covers up scandals for various stars and his wacked out, dysfunctional family from Boston. Liev Schreiber stars, Jon Voight plays his father, an ex-con with organized crime connection. I enjoyed the first season, but I've been really enjoying The Wire right now, and I'm not sure Ray Donovan will hold my attention currently. :lol:
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

i love liev schrieber. i thought it was about a baseball player as the only ads i have seen are him with a baseball bat