Explain to me like I'm 5 thread

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.
meow
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Re: Explain to me like I'm 5 thread

Post by meow »

She'sTheFastest wrote:So, what was the final decision on the Spider Man action figures?!

Also, for the person asking about how to make sandwitch, I wrote a list on how to make grilled cheese back in 3rd grade. Let me check my notes.
If I were the kid, I would switch negotiation gears. I can see my mom saying no because all three are a variation of spiderman. I would look to add a bad guy to the standard spiderman. Spiderman has to have someone to fight.
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

Symbiote spideriman doubles as Venom. Helloooo?
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by mikey287 »

Idoit40fans wrote:I think its pointless to look at stats at all unless you play fantasy sports. If you're at least a casual fan you can watch the game and see who is good and who isn't.
This is my stance on a lot of things as well. My roommate often asks me about a player and I give him my little rundown and then he looks up his stats and I just shrug...I don't know the numbers. I don't know who led the league in save pct. or GAA or whatever, but I can tell you who the best goalies in the league were...when we did that voting ballot for the awards, it was not stat-guided. I also watched more NHL this year probably because I didn't have as many "juniors nights" or anything like that. In previous years, I would take some nights off from the NHL and watch major junior or AHL games, that happened much less frequently this year.

That said, I40, one does require some fundamental understanding of the game to make even a rudimentary evaluation, I feel. I've watched hockey with a number of people who think something is going on on the ice when it really isn't...
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

Yeah I guess my idea of what a casual fan is is skewed since the people I talk hockey with either on here or among my friends are all people who watch at least a game a night.
meow
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by meow »

Idoit40fans wrote:Symbiote spideriman doubles as Venom. Helloooo?
Explain that to my mom in 1996. Ain't gonna happen.
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

I would just make her read the Secret Wars TPB that I had. Then the Venom intro books I had. Boom.