TV Shows

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: TV Shows

Post by relantel »

eddysnake wrote:Finished the 1st season of Arrow. Went through 23 episodes in a week, netflix was the way to watch this. I was very impressed, sure it has a some of the CW gossip girl hokiness, but nothing distracting. I was surprised how dark and violent this show was (probably would be an R rating 15 years ago). The show moves very fast, hardly any down time, love how it keeps you guessing all the way through. I'm really looking forward to the flash now (pilot leaked this week and is getting pretty gnarly reviews). I thought this series was way better than most superhero movies. Now I have to find the 2nd season.
I think Hulu only has the most recently aired 5 eps of Arrow - not necessarily the last 5 eps of the season, so that isn't much help for the whole season. Maybe 2nd season will appear on Netflix once season 3 starts?
ajh2298
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by ajh2298 »

relantel wrote:
eddysnake wrote:Finished the 1st season of Arrow. Went through 23 episodes in a week, netflix was the way to watch this. I was very impressed, sure it has a some of the CW gossip girl hokiness, but nothing distracting. I was surprised how dark and violent this show was (probably would be an R rating 15 years ago). The show moves very fast, hardly any down time, love how it keeps you guessing all the way through. I'm really looking forward to the flash now (pilot leaked this week and is getting pretty gnarly reviews). I thought this series was way better than most superhero movies. Now I have to find the 2nd season.
I think Hulu only has the most recently aired 5 eps of Arrow - not necessarily the last 5 eps of the season, so that isn't much help for the whole season. Maybe 2nd season will appear on Netflix once season 3 starts?

I dont know if you have a XB 360 or an XB1 but there is a "CW" app and you can watch the whole second season that way for free. The just show ads during the shows and you cant skip them and they are the same ads over and over again.
offsides
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by offsides »

IMO, The Last Ship with another winner tonight.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

im officially in the "what is going on/what is the point?" stage of the leftovers..and i shouldnt feel this way two episodes into the series. i doubt that ill finish the season if it continues this way.
pens9192
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by pens9192 »

I finally have some free time so I am watching the final season of Fringe on Netflix. I saw the first four seasons on FOX and then just didn't have an interest for the fifth and final season. I thought the first three seasons were great. I realized a few weeks ago I wanted to wrap up the series once and for all. I am three episodes in, kind of blah so far. Hope it gets better.

I also started watching Chuck on Netflix. I never saw it when it originally aired. I really like it. Nice blend of action and humor. Yvonne Strahovski is smokin' hot too.

I love Netflix.
Dickie Dunn
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Dickie Dunn »

Chuck is one of my favorite shows. Was just the perfect blend of action, humor, drama, and pop culture references for me.

I plan to start Arrow eventually, but I just saw that Brandon Routh has been cast as Ray Palmer/The Atom for season three. When he was cast as Superman there's no way he expected his career to take the path it has.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

We had the last 3 episodes of Chuck on DVR for about 8 months. We didn't watch because we didn't want it to end. Very satisfied with the ending.

Fringe is one of our favorite shows. The final season is worth it in the end. It's definitely more collective and better watched binge style.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

PensFanInDC wrote:We had the last 3 episodes of Chuck on DVR for about 8 months. We didn't watch because we didn't want it to end. Very satisfied with the ending.

Fringe is one of our favorite shows. The final season is worth it in the end. It's definitely more collective and better watched binge style.
We still have the last episode of In Plain Sight on the DVR, and it's been over two years now. Took us over almost that long to watch the last several eps of Numb3rs. Always something higher priority to watch. At least we are only 21 eps behind in Boardwalk Empire now, whereas we once were 33 eps behind.
pens9192
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by pens9192 »

I enjoyed In Plain Sight. I only watched the first two seasons. It is in my Netflix queue to finish someday.

Numb3rs was a great show. I watched that to the end. I thought it was pretty smart. I miss that, Seinfeld, Breaking Bad, and House.
Crankshaft
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Crankshaft »

House has an underrated series finale.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

I miss Chuck.

Is anyone watching Big Brother. A lot of man love on there.
Dickie Dunn
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Dickie Dunn »

newarenanow wrote:I miss Chuck.
That's what I say every time my wife and I start watching a new show. There's just something about the characters on Chuck that really resonated with me. I don't care about characters on any show as much as I cared about the ones on Chuck. I wish I could erase Chuck from my memory and experience watching it for the first time again.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

Whenever we pass by Chuck while flipping through Netflix I always wish hadn't seen it yet so I could watch it again for the first time.
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by eddysnake »

Dickie Dunn wrote:Chuck is one of my favorite shows. Was just the perfect blend of action, humor, drama, and pop culture references for me.

I plan to start Arrow eventually, but I just saw that Brandon Routh has been cast as Ray Palmer/The Atom for season three. When he was cast as Superman there's no way he expected his career to take the path it has.

Brandon routh was great on chuck, this is good news for arrow
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Letang Is The Truth »

i watch BB about once a week. is donnie still around? love that guy
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Letang Is The Truth wrote:

Yeah, that guy is fantastic.
npv708
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by npv708 »

Is anyone watching the Tyrant? Thoughts?
dodint
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dodint »

Tyrant looked interesting but I never bothered to record it. Figured if it caught on I could binge it later.
stopper40
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by stopper40 »

Just started watching Crossbones. Not what I expected, but not too bad. Haven't caught up yet, have just watched the first 3 so far
Jim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Jim »

stopper40 wrote:Just started watching Crossbones. Not what I expected, but not too bad. Haven't caught up yet, have just watched the first 3 so far
I actually just took it out of my DVR queue yesterday.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

Last Ship from Sunday was pretty good.

24 - holy twist in the penultimate episode!
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

BB watcher here. Donnie is funny, but shouldn't last long. The dude who thinks he looks like the rock is one of the more annoying characters on that show in a while
Spangler
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Spangler »

Donnie is one of those guys who seem too good to be true. He's got to be hiding something!
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

I watched a behind the scenes special on the Walking Dead last night. It was pretty neat. It's funny though listening to Andrew Lincoln though. I always knew he was Australian, but once you get used to his Rick voice, it's just funny hearing him in his native accent. Also, his voice is much more "soft" sounding than Rick's. It was just weird.

And even Daryl's actor is more soft spoken.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

canaan wrote:

BB watcher here. Donnie is funny, but shouldn't last long. The dude who thinks he looks like the rock is one of the more annoying characters on that show in a while
I actually think Donny makes it to jury. I think other players are putting targets on their back and the focus will shift away from him for a little bit. At least that is what I hope happens. He is great.

Devin is definitely annoying. I hope he gets taken out soon.