Your irrational pet peeves

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: Your irrational pet peeves

Post by Letang Is The Truth »

you are spot on
pens9192
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by pens9192 »

My kids are 4.5 and 2.5. They run everywhere and every time. Yet when it is time to go upstairs, they move like snails. Now that is better than them running up and down the stairs, but they do it on purpose. They will take a step or two and then stop and lay on the step or just sit there. If we are in a timecrunch or my hands are full trying to carry something up the stairs it is really annoying. They are better going down the stairs at least.

My wife likes to drink stuff out of her glasses with a straw. She always leaves the straw in the glasses and when it is time to do the dishes, I always have to throw the straws away. This wastes precious few seconds when I am trying to load the dishwasher. This weekend I ask her if she can throw them away when she is done please. She says she doesn't like to because she doesn't know if she is done getting a drink and would re-use the straw and glass if she gets another drink. Decent reason but she always gets a new glass and straw and they sit on the counter! I point that out to her and she says she forgets. *bangs head against the wall*
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

My wife does the straw thing. We have a dual sink and the non-disposer side got backed up once. I unhooked the trap and low and behold...straws...about a dozen of them...
Jim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Jim »

pens9192 wrote:My kids are 4.5 and 2.5. They run everywhere and every time. Yet when it is time to go upstairs, they move like snails. Now that is better than them running up and down the stairs, but they do it on purpose. They will take a step or two and then stop and lay on the step or just sit there. If we are in a timecrunch or my hands are full trying to carry something up the stairs it is really annoying. They are better going down the stairs at least.

My wife likes to drink stuff out of her glasses with a straw. She always leaves the straw in the glasses and when it is time to do the dishes, I always have to throw the straws away. This wastes precious few seconds when I am trying to load the dishwasher. This weekend I ask her if she can throw them away when she is done please. She says she doesn't like to because she doesn't know if she is done getting a drink and would re-use the straw and glass if she gets another drink. Decent reason but she always gets a new glass and straw and they sit on the counter! I point that out to her and she says she forgets. *bangs head against the wall*
Start making a pile of straws on the side somewhere. Just let them sit there. If she asks that they are there say that you just set them aside while loading the dishwasher and foret to throw them away. Eventually she will either get the point... ya hope.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

How long have you been divorced Jim?
dodint
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dodint »

LOL
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

Who uses a straw?
dodint
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dodint »

People that suck.
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

I guess I meant, who uses one at home.....I do if I've gone through a drive through.
KennyTheKangaroo
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by KennyTheKangaroo »

This gentleman's girlfriend's favorite hobby is leaving a little bit of beveridge left in the cup no matter what. She always says its in case she "gets thirsty" and needs something to drink quickly. As if walking an extra 10 steps to the refridgerator is too much to handle. So there are always cups laying around with one sip of iced tea or water or even wine just sitting there waiting to be drank....and of course never drank. Its such a female thing to do and it makes kenny the kangaroos head explode.
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Letang Is The Truth »

KennyTheKangaroo wrote:This gentleman's girlfriend's favorite hobby is leaving a little bit of beveridge left in the cup no matter what. She always says its in case she "gets thirsty" and needs something to drink quickly. As if walking an extra 10 steps to the refridgerator is too much to handle. So there are always cups laying around with one sip of iced tea or water or even wine just sitting there waiting to be drank....and of course never drank. Its such a female thing to do and it makes kenny the kangaroos head explode.
same. at one point in time she had 4 glasses all with volume left in them and then asked for me to grab a glass of water
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

pens9192 wrote:My kids are 4.5 and 2.5. They run everywhere and every time. Yet when it is time to go upstairs, they move like snails. Now that is better than them running up and down the stairs, but they do it on purpose. They will take a step or two and then stop and lay on the step or just sit there. If we are in a timecrunch or my hands are full trying to carry something up the stairs it is really annoying. They are better going down the stairs at least.

I would ask her why you are loading the dishwasher. It's the kitchen and no place for a man.
dodint
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dodint »

I am horrible at insisting I bring a bottle of water to bed, and then drinking 2oz out of it and letting it sit. Every night. After 4-5 bottles pile up I start filling my dogs water bowl with abandoned Dasani.
KennyTheKangaroo
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by KennyTheKangaroo »

while we are on the topic of annoying stuff women do around the house, another gripe:

Every once in a while she wants try a new wine, or snack or whatever. This happens especially with liquor. And invaribly when she does not like it, she says "oh you can have the rest" like it is this gentlemans friggin privilege to drink some wine that kenny the kangaroo didnt even want to buy in the first place. she does not understand the concept of "oh, even though i didnt like this i gotta sack up and finish it because i paid money for it" its like this gentleman is a human garbage disposal for icky foods
BigMcK
AHL'er
AHL'er
Location: Drawing 1 line in the sand, followed by another, and another, and another. TIC TAC TOE

Post by BigMcK »

The trend of the singer whistling instead of singing in a song.

Enough! Stop! You are off key!

The only time where whistling is okay is the theme to the Andy Griffith Show.
dodint
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dodint »

Young Folks by Peter, Bjorn, and John is the only other time it's okay. ;)
PghSkins
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by PghSkins »

Yeah well... My wife insists on keeping the clocks in the house about 15 minutes fast. Except one or two. I have no idea what time it is when I am at home.

Allegedly this is because she is always running late and this helps her be on time.
PghSkins
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by PghSkins »

Store key tags that either peel (Giant Eagle) or the barcodes wear off (Best Buy, Walgreens).
Beveridge
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Beveridge »

KennyTheKangaroo wrote:This gentleman's girlfriend's favorite hobby is leaving a little bit of beveridge left in the cup no matter what. She always says its in case she "gets thirsty" and needs something to drink quickly. As if walking an extra 10 steps to the refridgerator is too much to handle. So there are always cups laying around with one sip of iced tea or water or even wine just sitting there waiting to be drank....and of course never drank. Its such a female thing to do and it makes kenny the kangaroos head explode.

I always enjoy a little Beveridge saved for later. Beverage is another story though. 8-)
pens9192
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by pens9192 »

My wife does this too, but only because she doesn't "like the way the last bit always tastes because of backwash." That is just crazy to me, but whatever. The problem is she doesn't dump that bit out herself and when I am loading the dishwasher (she loads it too, but I usually do it more often) and the cup is dark or I am in a hurry and go to turn the cup upside down to put in the top rack and the remnants of her drink spill, usually hitting the dishwasher door and splattering and/or spilling onto the floor. Arggh...even worse if it is something sticky like juice.
blackjack68
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by blackjack68 »

Too many huge chunks of red cabbage in the Dole bags of salad.
dodint
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dodint »

"Shut The Front Door" As a swear substitute for "Shut The F Up." My wife says this, and it's like nails grinding on the base of my spine.
blackjack68
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by blackjack68 »

dodint wrote:"Shut The Front Door" As a swear substitute for "Shut The F Up." My wife says this, and it's like nails grinding on the base of my spine.

Next time she says it, tell her to Shut the Front Door!
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

People who root for international sports based on ancestry and not nationality.
Jim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Jim »

When weather people say that it is going to rain, storm even, and not a drop falls.