NHL 15 for the Next Gen

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.
MalkinIsMyHomeboy
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Re: NHL 15 for the Next Gen

Post by MalkinIsMyHomeboy »

orpchar wrote:
nocera wrote:I'm shocked EA hasn't used DLC yet. DLC classic teams, players. DLC goal horns. DLC lighting effects. DLC special moves.
Perhaps DLC Pierre between the glass... And by that, I mean it will be on by default and you have to purchase the option to disable Pierre.
Thank god they didn't add DLC Milbury and Roenick. God knows what they'll say in intermission after I get 10 tripping and interference penalties after the first period.
Kovy27
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Kovy27 »

MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MRandall25 »

Nice to see they STILL haven't fixed the benches at CEC. Pens should be on the left side from that angle.

Probably an irrational peeve, but you'd think they'd fix it if they want to go for the authentic arena feel.
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by nocera »

Horrible sight lines.
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

nocera wrote:Horrible sight lines.
Just lean forward in your seat.
Kovy27
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Kovy27 »

MRandall25 wrote:Nice to see they STILL haven't fixed the benches at CEC. Pens should be on the left side from that angle.

Probably an irrational peeve, but you'd think they'd fix it if they want to go for the authentic arena feel.
Should send them a message...maybe you'll get a copy for free.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MRandall25 »

I'm sure they've gotten similar complaints in the past, and promptly ignored them.
Kovy27
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Kovy27 »

MRandall25 wrote:I'm sure they've gotten similar complaints in the past, and promptly ignored them.
Because it is EA Sports. They think their poop doesn't smell.
Chefpatrick871
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
Location: Not saying I'm at your mom's house, not saying I'm not.

Post by Chefpatrick871 »

Can't wait to do OTP on this.
Penspal
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Penspal »

All next gen trades involving the Pens players will be routed though LGP for validation....
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by JS© »

columbia wrote:
Any word on if they included the woo'ing for the final 5 minutes of the game as long as the Pens are winning?
joopen
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by joopen »

JS© wrote:
columbia wrote:
Any word on if they included the woo'ing for the final 5 minutes of the game as long as the Pens are winning?
I assume you are talking about the final 5 minutes of the first period because that's how early that crap starts
DocEmrick
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by DocEmrick »

I wish there was a way to pirate this for PS4. I loathe the idea of giving EA any of my money.

It's going to be the same rehashed trash like every single year, even on next-gen. Emrick will have like 10 phrases and a few of his "catch-phrases," but every game will sound the same.

"Player likeness," has always been mentioned as a feature, yet none of the players look anything like their real life counterparts (save for Letang's hair). Orpik from NHL 2013

skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by skullman80 »

They were never going to do player likeness for every player. They did the most popular players in the league. They weren't gonna do facial scans for all the players, just not realistic. No clue if that will change with this current gen of hardware, but I would assume not. It's not just NHL that does this though, its the same in Madden, FIFA etc. Also I think they got Orpiks cold dead eye stare down in that pic pretty well hahaha.
DocEmrick
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by DocEmrick »

skullman80 wrote:They were never going to do player likeness for every player. They did the most popular players in the league. They weren't gonna do facial scans for all the players, just not realistic. No clue if that will change with this current gen of hardware, but I would assume not. It's not just NHL that does this though, its the same in Madden, FIFA etc. Also I think they got Orpiks cold dead eye stare down in that pic pretty well hahaha.
haha yeah, they did get the eyes right I'll give them that.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MRandall25 »

They did scan Mark Letestu's face for 15, so I think they're starting to move towards the realism aspect in that regard
MalkinIsMyHomeboy
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by MalkinIsMyHomeboy »

How come in NHL 13 they keep claiming at the start of each game that the Pens are a defensive team?
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by skullman80 »

MalkinIsMyHomeboy wrote:How come in NHL 13 they keep claiming at the start of each game that the Pens are a defensive team?
Cause ea aren't sticklers for realism.
ulf
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by ulf »

skullman80 wrote:They were never going to do player likeness for every player. They did the most popular players in the league. They weren't gonna do facial scans for all the players, just not realistic. No clue if that will change with this current gen of hardware, but I would assume not. It's not just NHL that does this though, its the same in Madden, FIFA etc. Also I think they got Orpiks cold dead eye stare down in that pic pretty well hahaha.
I don't know, I have NBA 2k15 for Xbox one, and pretty much every player looks real. Obviously less players to scan and all, but we'll see. They even have all of Birdmans tattoos right, it's crazy.
Loaf31
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Loaf31 »

They do scans for FIFA, but the individual team must be an EA partner. I am a Liverpool fan and they are a partner, so every LFC player is scanned into the game.
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by skullman80 »

ulf wrote:
I don't know, I have NBA 2k15 for Xbox one, and pretty much every player looks real. Obviously less players to scan and all, but we'll see. They even have all of Birdmans tattoos right, it's crazy.
2k is not ea. They actually give a crap. I had 2k14 on pay and agreed. They went all out. Hopefully 2k will get to make a nfl game again someday.