TV Shows

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: TV Shows

Post by MWB »

True, I guess you could say that. I guess I just took it that he was doing everything to get as much money as he could. That money was the most important thing to him. For Marlo, the power was the most important. Neither of them come close to Omar in terms of being the moral compass of the show though. At least in terms of the street guys.
knives of ice
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by knives of ice »

viva la ben wrote:Falling Skies, while it had flaws in the first three seasons, it's just terrible now.
insulting to the viewer how horrible that season opener was. no idea what the writers are thinking
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

MWB wrote:True, I guess you could say that. I guess I just took it that he was doing everything to get as much money as he could. That money was the most important thing to him. For Marlo, the power was the most important. Neither of them come close to Omar in terms of being the moral compass of the show though. At least in terms of the street guys.
Omar and Bubbles are my two favorite characters.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

Watching The Wire S04e12. There is a security guard who tells Carcetti that the Governor is ready to see him. I didn't get a good look but I was sure it was Bob Ehrlich, (now) former Governor of MD. Interesting cameo (by the best gov this state has ever had).

Season 4 is my favorite so far. Love the school angle. Prez comes into his own this season.
KennyTheKangaroo
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by KennyTheKangaroo »

legame of lgp.com fame was not a fan of season 4 but it has to be considered the most emotional and hardest hitting season
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

Season 4 has been so good that i no longer miss Stringer Bell.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

KennyTheKangaroo wrote:legame of lgp.com fame was not a fan of season 4 but it has to be considered the most emotional and hardest hitting season
I can understand. The kids angle is intense. Namond's mom pisses me off to no end. Dookie's situation...Randy...Michael's transformation...Bubbles...emotional to say the least.
Troy Loney wrote:Season 4 has been so good that i no longer miss Stringer Bell.
I feel the same way. Season 2 had me itching for a "getting the band back together" feeling but season 4 is practically it's own series.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

The Bubbles story line is starting to bore me. It's sad, but I think so many more provocative storylines trump the miseries of a homeless junkie.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

Troy Loney wrote:The Bubbles story line is starting to bore me. It's sad, but I think so many more provocative storylines trump the miseries of a homeless junkie.
As with everything in the show it has a point.

The social commentary of this show is incredible and so well done. It could have easily taken the "white man is the devil and the black man is being kept under" path but it doesn't even glance at it. Race plays a big part in the series but it's so well done.
Dickie Dunn
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Dickie Dunn »

The opening scene of S4 with Snoop buying the nail gun is my favorite in the series.
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Letang Is The Truth »

we (you guys) should make a thread about the wire so i dont have to keep reading it
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

Dickie Dunn wrote:The opening scene of S4 with Snoop buying the nail gun is my favorite in the series.
Here's 800. Thank you...
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

Letang Is The Truth wrote:we (you guys) should make a thread about the wire so i dont have to keep reading it
Man. I can't make a post on LGP anymore without it getting criticized. No wonder ID40 took a hike...
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

Dickie Dunn wrote:The opening scene of S4 with Snoop buying the nail gun is my favorite in the series.
The real life Snoop is a pretty fascinating character as well.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Felicia_Pearson" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

Troy Loney wrote:The Bubbles story line is starting to bore me. It's sad, but I think so many more provocative storylines trump the miseries of a homeless junkie.
I started feeling the same way about Bubs. Think there was just a little too much of it.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

Letang Is The Truth wrote:we (you guys) should make a thread about the wire so i dont have to keep reading it
There's a thread from 2009 about it:
http://www.letsgopens.com/scripts/phpBB ... t=The+Wire" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

MWB wrote:
There's a thread from 2009 about it:
http://www.letsgopens.com/scripts/phpBB ... t=The+Wire" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Technically I'm still in 2006 so I'll stay out of there
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

We can bump it after the two of us finish season 5.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

:thumb:
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Letang Is The Truth »

PensFanInDC wrote:
Man. I can't make a post on LGP anymore without it getting criticized. No wonder ID40 took a hike...
in the words of pfidc: lighten up francis
KennyTheKangaroo
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by KennyTheKangaroo »

that 2009 thread has a vintage draftnik wall of text post in it.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

Letang Is The Truth wrote:
PensFanInDC wrote:
in the words of pfidc: lighten up francis
If you quote the man you only bring down the quality of the thread. I hear that's important... :D
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

PensFanInDC wrote:Watching The Wire S04e12. There is a security guard who tells Carcetti that the Governor is ready to see him. I didn't get a good look but I was sure it was Bob Ehrlich, (now) former Governor of MD. Interesting cameo (by the best gov this state has ever had).

Season 4 is my favorite so far. Love the school angle. Prez comes into his own this season.
I agree. I know some people didn't like the school stuff, but I thought they did it pretty well, and tied it in with the overall arc of the show.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

Season 4 is awesome. It perhaps ends less than satisfactorily for some of the characters, but that is the nature of life.
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by eddysnake »

Finished the 1st season of Arrow. Went through 23 episodes in a week, netflix was the way to watch this. I was very impressed, sure it has a some of the CW gossip girl hokiness, but nothing distracting. I was surprised how dark and violent this show was (probably would be an R rating 15 years ago). The show moves very fast, hardly any down time, love how it keeps you guessing all the way through. I'm really looking forward to the flash now (pilot leaked this week and is getting pretty gnarly reviews). I thought this series was way better than most superhero movies. Now I have to find the 2nd season.