*** Jellyfish Invasion IV: The Phantom Jelly GDT ***

Forum for NHR "Wars" Games
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: *** Jellyfish Invasion IV: The Phantom Jelly GDT ***

Post by MWB »

Haters gonna hate, nan. We know we are awesome.
dagny
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dagny »

newarenanow wrote:
MRandall25 wrote:You were essentially sacrificing your night kill in order to ensure that there would be too many people left for the rest of us to narrow it down.
Pretty much. Knowing that regardless if Crank was protected, blocked, whatever on Night 7, we had an auto kill that trumped everything. So instead of weading down the population by 3-4 people (also didn't know if the vig would be blasting), and we had to make it to Night 7 w/o being seen because there were only 2 of us, we wanted the village to have to look at more people.
Calculated risk, makes sense.

If it had worked, nobody would be criticizing it. :wink:
Crankshaft
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Crankshaft »

dagny wrote:FWIW, I jumped on the red trying to kill crank being stupid because others were saying that. That was for effect, for reactions. ;) Just part of the game.
Right....
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

I WIN
dagny
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dagny »

Crankshaft wrote:Bah, this game didn't get the level of play it deserved.

No offense, but the red faction was a mess.

By the time myself and redwill were gone, the village had complete control of the travelers.
Not complete control... after all, I've been shot in the face repeatedly, for the last several days. :lol:
obhave
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by obhave »

Letang Is The Truth wrote:Also I hate getting killed by the vig
I tried to limit my kills. Cbear was a quiet player who I assumed wasn't the angel, so I thought it was a safe way to get rid of a quiet blue early on. I thought you and mwb were red. And I thought mrandall was an indie.

I had one day kill and once he angel was killed decided to use it. I tried to save what kills I could until the angel was killed, knowing they would protecting crank.
dagny
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dagny »

the errey i breathe wrote:
Sam's Drunk Dog wrote:
the errey i breathe wrote:
obhave wrote:If crank is the worst seer, I am the worst vig. Only got mwb
I blew up our angel...so there's that
I sent you the bomb package hoping you'd blow yourself up, but you did one better. :pop:
That actually wasn't even an option, I got to pick who I'd blow up.
MVP!!!!
Spoiler:
for the Villagers! :twisted:
With obhave as second runner up! :wink:
dodint
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dodint »

MWB wrote:Haters gonna hate, nan. We know we are awesome.
This. The travelers were spotted three red kills in the first, what, three days? And then spent actual calendar days fumbling around and talking about how dumb the reds are.

The worst was that the loudest talkers were dead themselves, which is a game peeve of mine. If you're dead, you suck, shut up.

My only regret is sparing dagny when it was suggested she be the first kill. If I recall, it kind of went down as "Kill dagny? "Nah, she always dies, let her last and we'll get her later if it goes bad" "Shaf, then."

Apparently killing shaf is some big red tell, cause he's not a normal first day target or anything.

I don't like being red, watching the village fumble blindly after I was out was probably more fun than actually playing.
dodint
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dodint »

Not trying to take away from twc and the game structure. I felt bad that it went south so quick after doing all that prep.
Willie Kool
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Willie Kool »

dodint wrote:Apparently killing shaf is some big red tell, cause he's not a normal first day target or anything.
:lol: I just had a feeling about PFIDC and needed a reason to try to convince people to vote for him. Of course killing shaf is no red tell, although if he lives past day 1, he is usually red.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

dodint wrote:
This. The travelers were spotted three red kills in the first, what, three days? And then spent actual calendar days fumbling around and talking about how dumb the reds are.

The worst was that the loudest talkers were dead themselves, which is a game peeve of mine. If you're dead, you suck, shut up.

My only regret is sparing dagny when it was suggested she be the first kill. If I recall, it kind of went down as "Kill dagny? "Nah, she always dies, let her last and we'll get her later if it goes bad" "Shaf, then."

Apparently killing shaf is some big red tell, cause he's not a normal first day target or anything.

I don't like being red, watching the village fumble blindly after I was out was probably more fun than actually playing.
Yeah, looking back on things, killing shaf was our worst move. If we had killed dagny, the whole game would have changed because of the purple aspect.
dodint
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dodint »

Oh, it was a strong play for sure, I'm not saying that. Behind the red curtain we were like "you've got to be kidding me" and then boom, gone.

I'm a little salty that
1) I was killed right before my immortality kicked in
2) My vote happened while I was having dinner with my wife. I was gone for like 2hrs and was out. :P
Willie Kool
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Willie Kool »

Thanks twc! Great as always.
Crankshaft
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Crankshaft »

The first few days were pretty easy. From there, we didn't have much to go on because we didn't have much because we got PFiDC and dodint so early.

After I was forced to out myself, PFiDC made himself a pretty easy target. Then dodint made it easy for me to view him after he still tried to vote for me even after the role claim. Granted, I know I didn't deserve 100% trust. But unlucky for him, I was actually who I was and in doing what he did, put him on my watch list.

I viewed redwill night one, which made it all the more frustrating when he voted for me on day one. :lol:
Willie Kool
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Willie Kool »

dodint wrote:I was gone for like 2hrs and was out. :P
I went from one vote to gone in 12 minutes, didn't even get a chance to defend myself. I was so sure dagny was bad, I was going to claim the package I opened gave me one see and that I saw her.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

I'll cover it more in the post-game thread, but regardless of how you feel about the Jellies' strategy, they had some bad luck and missed opportunities in this one to be sure. A lot of very timely kills for the village/travelers.
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Letang Is The Truth »

obhave wrote:
Letang Is The Truth wrote:Also I hate getting killed by the vig
I tried to limit my kills. Cbear was a quiet player who I assumed wasn't the angel, so I thought it was a safe way to get rid of a quiet blue early on. I thought you and mwb were red. And I thought mrandall was an indie.

I had one day kill and once he angel was killed decided to use it. I tried to save what kills I could until the angel was killed, knowing they would protecting crank.
Slug.emote
dodint
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dodint »

I considered that but really hoped the vote would roll and the village would kill it's own seer. Lesson learned. The way you revealed was just so flat and weird I thought it might gain traction.

i was about to have some fun, got a package, was getting my immortality. Then you outed me. Gah. ;)
dagny
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dagny »

MWB wrote:
dodint wrote:

Yeah, looking back on things, killing shaf was our worst move. If we had killed dagny, the whole game would have changed because of the purple aspect.
Or, if Crankshaft had seered me, upon noticing that I was actually still alive in the game (which I fully expected, and why I was vague about claiming a color) - the purple aspect would've been "revealed".

Can do coulda, woulda, shoulda, all day long in hindsight, but the surprise variables (packages, etc.) couldn't have been anticipated, and they're really what threw any "planned" moves up in the air.
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

If we have learned one thing in the jelly warz it's this...

[youtube][/youtube]
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MRandall25 »

Crankshaft wrote: I viewed redwill night one, which made it all the more frustrating when he voted for me on day one. :lol:
Though it kinda helped when you asked if he was drunk.

I'm surprised more people didn't put 2 and 2 together there.
dagny
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dagny »

MRandall25 wrote:It's too bad. I had some information last night that could've made the job easier.
What were you talking about here?
obhave
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by obhave »

dagny wrote:
MRandall25 wrote:It's too bad. I had some information last night that could've made the job easier.
What were you talking about here?
I'm assuming seeing me
dagny
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dagny »

Willie Kool wrote:
dodint wrote:I was gone for like 2hrs and was out. :P
I went from one vote to gone in 12 minutes, didn't even get a chance to defend myself. I was so sure dagny was bad, I was going to claim the package I opened gave me one see and that I saw her.

That would've been a good one! :lol: Likely, would have worked, too. I was STUNNED that that vote got turned around like that. (thanks again, columbia!)

At that time I had voted for nan in the previous vote, you and MWB were the next most suspicious to me, but you were the one pushing to get rid of me and MWB wasn't talking as much, so I knew there was no hope to get a vote started on him. After columbia cleared me, the more you and I bantered, the more I felt you were making yourself look guilty to the village, so I threw my vote on you and let it roll (obviously, none of the rest of the players, good or bad, knew that taking out a blue was also a win for us).

SDD did a great job staying under the radar. When I posted crank's last list from before he died, I purposely left SDD and obhave out of the suspects talk, since crank had "dismissed" them at the top of the list. It meant not looking at an unknown in obhave, but at least kept eyes off of SDD. I purposely didn't mention them, hoping they'd be forgotten about.

I see, near the end, someone did ask why SDD and obhave weren't being talked about, since they were never actually "cleared" by crank. If SDD had been found it really would've ended it for us, as he was the only one with powers.

I used the package that sped up the game. When I woke up today, after the game was over, I had 10 PMs in my inbox. One of them was another package. Can't wait to find out what it would have done. :lol:
dodint
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dodint »

dagny wrote: SDD did a great job staying under the radar. When I posted crank's last list from before he died, I purposely left SDD and obhave out of the suspects talk, since crank had "dismissed" them at the top of the list. It meant not looking at an unknown in obhave, but at least kept eyes off of SDD. I purposely didn't mention them, hoping they'd be forgotten about.
Watching from the sidelines, I picked up on this instantly, but there was nothing I could do about it. I kept wanting through sheer will to make someone notice SDD but it just didn't happen.