TV Shows

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
KennyTheKangaroo
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Re: TV Shows

Post by KennyTheKangaroo »

Season 3 was really solid. Those last four or five episodes of season 3 of the wire were just unreal. Probably the most riveting episodes in the series.

Its impossible to top season four though. What a kick in the junk that season is.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

Ill finish off season 3 tomorrow. Should finish 4 by end of next week. almost everything about this show is so original. And then remember it was made 10+ years ago...
FreeCandy44
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by FreeCandy44 »

Last season of Wilfred is on FXX next Wednesday. Im sure all two of you may care.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Finally got to watch the season finale of Turn.

It definitely got better as the season went on. Hopefully it allows them to play out to the end of the story (ie. end of the war).

Simcoe is a nut. Loved him.
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by eddysnake »

Beveridge wrote:
eddysnake wrote:Watched the first episode of arrow or green arrow or whatever it is called and it was good. Going to watch more.
Love this show. Can't wait for Flash this fall.

I watched 4 episodes last night, still really good. What's the deal with this show, they have season 1 on netflix, is there a season 2, is it still on?
dodint
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dodint »

Digitalgypsy66 wrote:Halt and Catch Fire has been good, not great. I was hoping to see more tech stuff than the idiosyncrasies of the characters, but hopefully that will come later.
Yeah, was hoping it would be a little more techish and organized. They keep changing the focus of the project, I expect by the end of the season they'll be working on inventing the iPad.
Beveridge
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Beveridge »

eddysnake wrote:
Beveridge wrote:
eddysnake wrote:Watched the first episode of arrow or green arrow or whatever it is called and it was good. Going to watch more.
Love this show. Can't wait for Flash this fall.

I watched 4 episodes last night, still really good. What's the deal with this show, they have season 1 on netflix, is there a season 2, is it still on?

Season 2 just ended last month.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

Anyone else giving The Last Ship a watch?
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Froggy »

FreeCandy44 wrote:Last season of Wilfred is on FXX next Wednesday. Im sure all two of you may care.
I'm really curious how they're going to tie this up. I think I'd like the show a whole lot more if it just relied on the wackiness of the premise, and not followed the "what IS Wilfred?" subplot. Now, they're painted into a corner, where they HAVE to come up with a satisfying answer.

I'm not at all familiar with the original Australian show, so I don't know if it faced the same issues. But I just think the premise of "two dudes hanging out, but one of them is a dog" is strong enough to carry a show without supernatural elements or conspiracy theories.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

Finally caught up on 24. The technobabble always cracks me up.

Have to say I didn't see things going the way they did in the last episode. I have a feeling that I know where this may go in the immediate future though...
Spoiler:
The chief of staff will try to blame Bauer for everything and try to get him turned over to the Russians. Ultimately, his wife will somehow foil this plan because she still has feelings for Jack.

Catelyn Stark's son will convince her to continue the attacks anyway, or perhaps kill her and take over.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Also, in regards to Chopped... I really like the show, but I wish there wasn't a new GD episode EVERY damn week. Makes it hard to keep up with it among the other shows I watch.

At some point, I really want to watch Silicon valley, but haven't found the time to do so yet. Maybe I'll try to binge watch it next weekend.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

the wicked child wrote:Finally caught up on 24. The technobabble always cracks me up.

Have to say I didn't see things going the way they did in the last episode. I have a feeling that I know where this may go in the immediate future though...
Spoiler:
The chief of staff will try to blame Bauer for everything and try to get him turned over to the Russians. Ultimately, his wife will somehow foil this plan because she still has feelings for Jack.

Catelyn Stark's son will convince her to continue the attacks anyway, or perhaps kill her and take over.
Spoiler:
Yeah, there is no way the Catelyn Stark storyline is just over like that, I agree. Also agree on the chief of staff, I think he has one more ditbag move left in him.

I think the final few episodes will revolve around the Benjamin Bratt storyline though.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

the wicked child wrote:Also, in regards to Chopped... I really like the show, but I wish there wasn't a new GD episode EVERY damn week. Makes it hard to keep up with it among the other shows I watch.

At some point, I really want to watch Silicon valley, but haven't found the time to do so yet. Maybe I'll try to binge watch it next weekend.
Plus chopped Canada is a real show for some reason
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

True Blood is a dumpster fire. So bad.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

canaan wrote:True Blood is a dumpster fire. So bad.
Gave up on it 2 years ago. I can't even imagine how low it's sunk.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

I feel pot committed at this point. It's a shell of its former self.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

shmenguin wrote:Plus chopped Canada is a real show for some reason
I ignore that one. It's fine that they have their own version, but if I wanted to see a bunch of hosers folding under the pressure, I'd just watch the Pens. :pop:
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

I'm kinda intrigued by the leftovers
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

canaan wrote:I feel pot committed at this point. It's a shell of its former self.
Does Mrs. Canaan still love the crap out of it?
offsides
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by offsides »

Kinda liked TNT's new one, "The Last Ship" and their new episode of "Falling Skies".
Digitalgypsy66
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Digitalgypsy66 »

canaan wrote:I'm kinda intrigued by the leftovers
It sounded very interesting, but one review said it was very brutal and cold...like kids getting murdered and stuff like that. Not sure if I'm going to watch it or not.
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Letang Is The Truth »

chopped canada is the worst
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by eddysnake »

up through 13 episodes of arrow. This show is better than most superhero movies. Really digging it. Hope the quality doesn't drop off.
Digitalgypsy66
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Digitalgypsy66 »

Last Ship has potential, I think. High production values, well cast, but:

Would a U.S. Navy Captain not have ANY real idea what was going on in the helicopter bay on his destroyer? Maybe it's too many Clancy novels, but a ship's captain is like the king of the castle...everything that goes on, he/she knows about it...
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

KennyTheKangaroo wrote:Season 3 was really solid. Those last four or five episodes of season 3 of the wire were just unreal. Probably the most riveting episodes in the series.

Its impossible to top season four though. What a kick in the junk that season is.
Finished season three last weekend.
Spoiler:
What a ticking time bomb Hamsterdam was, so bummed that Stringer/Barksdale got taken down fully. I thought there was some more godfather aspects to their reign and it wasn't simply just wanting the good guys to prevail. I was so pissed at Davis for scamming Bell, I wanted to see him make it legit. Marlowe is just a POS, hate him and his serial killer muscle.