TV Shows

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
KennyTheKangaroo
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Re: TV Shows

Post by KennyTheKangaroo »

PensFanInDC wrote:The Wire S02e06

And I understand I am basically talking to myself because everyone else has already watched it.
Spoiler:
I wonder if Avon is going to find out that Stringer had D killed...that could get interesting....
Also how come not one single character has had a Bmore accent. I haven't heard "Hon" once in this show. They all sound like they are from Philly or NY. Everything else on this show, specifically location settings, has been perfect. But come on man, give me some "Let's Geoo eO's!"
in the limited defense of the characters, its not exactly easy to replicate a really regional dialect like that.

although they do say baldamoor a lot
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

shmenguin wrote:
Troy Loney wrote:I finally started the wire this week too. Up to Season One episode 8. Was talking to my friend about it last night, he said season 2 was his least favorite. Not really getting the Omar love yet, Stringer Bell has been my favorite character so far, he reminds me of Robert Duval from the Godfather.
Season 2 is very polarizing. If you're someone who develops expectations and is disappointed when they're poo'd on, you probably won't like it.

Finished season two last night. I was good with it, the whole getting the gang back together was great for those rah rah rah sort of sentiments. I like how the first two seasons have shown the guys at the top basically all getting away with it, not facing the real punishment, feels more realistic. Ziggy was such pain the butt character, sucks he took it that far, but he was such a jack***.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

Pittsburgh and Baltimore sound a lot alike in some ways. Lots of Polish/eastern European in both cities.

Finished season 2. I really liked it. This show has taken some time but I'm loving it.
meecrofilm
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by meecrofilm »

FreeCandy44 wrote:American Dad > Family Guy > Cleveland Show
I will throw out my support for American Dad as well. MacFarlane doesn't really have any influence on the show, aside from the voicework, which is only one character -- probably why it's better than the other two.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Is Fargo worth to watch?
Digitalgypsy66
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Digitalgypsy66 »

Halt and Catch Fire has been good, not great. I was hoping to see more tech stuff than the idiosyncrasies of the characters, but hopefully that will come later.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

The Wire S03e08

The scene with McNulty and D'Angelo's mother. Man... Ouch...
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

newarenanow wrote:Is Fargo worth to watch?
Yes. Billy bob Thornton is worth the watch alone.
KennyTheKangaroo
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by KennyTheKangaroo »

Re-read the summary of that episode. Lots of action in that one. Lots.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

PensFanInDC wrote:The Wire S03e08

We're going at like the same pace on this, i finished 7 this morning before work.

If Stringer wants to be straight, he's going to have to disassociate with Avon. That dude only knows how to fight.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

Troy Loney wrote:

We're going at like the same pace on this, i finished 7 this morning before work.

If Stringer wants to be straight, he's going to have to disassociate with Avon. That dude only knows how to fight.
There is obviously disconnect growing between those 2. While Avon was in jail Stringer ran everything on his own and even improved on it. Avon already feels like a secondary player/character. I'd be surprised if he lives past this season honestly.
Last edited by PensFanInDC on Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

Something really bad is going to happen there. I'm not sure what your talking about with mcnutty and barksdale's sister, but I assume he's going to lead the barksdales to realize that stringer arranged d'angelo's death.
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by skullman80 »

So I missed Breaking Bad during its initial run. I binged through the first season(7 episodes) in two days... I'm now addicted.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Boy Meets World spinoff, Girl Meets World, premieres next Friday. I can't believe Corey and Topega are parents and have a kid. I'm old.
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

skullman80 wrote:So I missed Breaking Bad during its initial run. I binged through the first season(7 episodes) in two days... I'm now addicted.
Fair warning... season two drags a little bit. It's slow, but after season two things take off, so stick with it.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

PensFanInDC wrote:
Troy Loney wrote:

There is obviously disconnect growing between those 2. While Avon was in jail Stringer ran everything on his own and even improved on it. Avon already feels like a secondary player/character. I'd be surprised if he lives past this season honestly.
S03e11

Troy Loney DO NOT click until you get through episode 11
Spoiler:
Well....I was wrong :lol:
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by DudeMan2766 »

count2infinity wrote:
skullman80 wrote:So I missed Breaking Bad during its initial run. I binged through the first season(7 episodes) in two days... I'm now addicted.
Fair warning... season two drags a little bit. It's slow, but after season two things take off, so stick with it.
I actually felt the final episode of Season 1 is when its like the series gets shot out of a cannon. I pretty much had the gist of the show and actually started on that episode. I went back and watched season 1 before I started the final season tho, still thought it was really the slowest. Altho some things down the road sure ended up making sense lol
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

Really enjoy reading the reactions as people watch the Wire. Would have been interesting to have a thread back when it originally aired.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

the wicked child wrote:Really enjoy reading the reactions as people watch the Wire. Would have been interesting to have a thread back when it originally aired.
Great show. One of the best I've ever watched. Season 3 is my favorite so far.

One of my favorite moments from this season:
Spoiler:
Finding out the Colonel "putts from the rough"
FreeCandy44
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by FreeCandy44 »

PensFanInDC wrote:
PensFanInDC wrote:
Troy Loney wrote:

S03e11

Troy Loney DO NOT click until you get through episode 11
Spoiler:
Well....I was wrong :lol:
Click it Troy....
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

PensFanInDC wrote:
the wicked child wrote:Really enjoy reading the reactions as people watch the Wire. Would have been interesting to have a thread back when it originally aired.

Spoiler:
Haha, yeah that was great. I personally loved every season... 2 and 5 seem to be very polarizing though. If you twisted my arm, I would say that the 4th season is my favorite, but it's hard to pick.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MRandall25 »

Skylar from Breaking Bad was in Seinfeld?
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by eddysnake »

Watched the first episode of arrow or green arrow or whatever it is called and it was good. Going to watch more.
Beveridge
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Beveridge »

eddysnake wrote:Watched the first episode of arrow or green arrow or whatever it is called and it was good. Going to watch more.
Love this show. Can't wait for Flash this fall.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

the wicked child wrote:
PensFanInDC wrote:

Spoiler:
Haha, yeah that was great. I personally loved every season... 2 and 5 seem to be very polarizing though. If you twisted my arm, I would say that the 4th season is my favorite, but it's hard to pick.
season 4 is the best. as time passes, the more i appreciate season 2 and the less i like season 5.