TV Shows

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Re: TV Shows

Post by newarenanow »

canaan wrote:The little one has been beating the Sofia the first/Sherriff Callies wild west combo drum pretty heavily as of late. Its a step up from the Mickey mouse clubhouse addiction, to say the least. The music in Sofia is pretty catchy. Ariel Winter (modern family) is a bigger character in the show.

Sherriff Callie is pretty entertaining. Callie (Mandy Moore) is a calico cat of a western town called nice and friendly corners.

Modern Family actors show up all the time on these two shows as well as Doc McStuffins.

You're welcome.
Those three shows are a constant on our TV.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

80% of TV for our little one is sesame street and wiggles. i have like 50 episodes of each DVR'd, and i just pick random ones to put on for her. the rest is the goodnight show on sprout, but since the berenstein bears are insufferable, i usually pop on a wiggles to replace it.
viva la ben
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by viva la ben »

Paw Patrol is a heavy favorite in the VLB household.
Has anyone seen Zerby Derby?
JeffDFD
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by JeffDFD »

viva la ben wrote:Paw Patrol is a heavy favorite in the VLB household.
My 2.5 yr old has been in to Paw Patrol. I am probably cutting cable soon so it was nice to see some episodes of Paw Patrol are now out on DVD (Amazon).
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

viva la ben wrote:Paw Patrol is a heavy favorite in the VLB household.
Paw Patrol is the other constant. I actually like that show a lot.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

ive avoided the paw patrol so far. might have to look into it. henry hugglemonster is terrible. just dumb. and i dont care for jake the pirate either.

so ive been playing MK8 on the gamepad while shes been beating up the callie train. i came back in from the kitchen and shes opened netflix on the gamepad and is watching curious george on it. i wasnt nearly as mad as i was impressed that she was so quick about it. this is closer to my end game of buying games on the gamepad and blaming her for it. :pop:
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

canaan wrote:ive avoided the paw patrol so far. might have to look into it. henry hugglemonster is terrible. just dumb. and i dont care for jake the pirate either.

so ive been playing MK8 on the gamepad while shes been beating up the callie train. i came back in from the kitchen and shes opened netflix on the gamepad and is watching curious george on it. i wasnt nearly as mad as i was impressed that she was so quick about it. this is closer to my end game of buying games on the gamepad and blaming her for it. :pop:
Isn't it amazing though what they catch onto, and how they can figure that stuff out.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

canaan wrote:ive avoided the paw patrol so far. might have to look into it. henry hugglemonster is terrible. just dumb. and i dont care for jake the pirate either.

You may regret that time you spent watching Macgyver with her on your lap before long. ;)
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

The Wire S02e06

And I understand I am basically talking to myself because everyone else has already watched it.
Spoiler:
I wonder if Avon is going to find out that Stringer had D killed...that could get interesting....
Also how come not one single character has had a Bmore accent. I haven't heard "Hon" once in this show. They all sound like they are from Philly or NY. Everything else on this show, specifically location settings, has been perfect. But come on man, give me some "Let's Geoo eO's!"
Eismann
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Eismann »

The Cleveland Show. I liked Family Guy early on, and the Cleveland character. That said, 10 minutes into my first viewing of TCS and it is doing nothing.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

PensFanInDC wrote:The Wire S02e06

And I understand I am basically talking to myself because everyone else has already watched it.
Spoiler:
I wonder if Avon is going to find out that Stringer had D killed...that could get interesting....
Also how come not one single character has had a Bmore accent. I haven't heard "Hon" once in this show. They all sound like they are from Philly or NY. Everything else on this show, specifically location settings, has been perfect. But come on man, give me some "Let's Geoo eO's!"
One of the shift commanders had a really strong accent. Grey hair and mustache.
Eismann
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Eismann »

Also, is it true that Family Guy, Cleveland Show and American Dad are the same show, just with different characters?
dodint
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dodint »

Oh, I don't know.

PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

Yes and all are equally not funny.
dodint
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dodint »

I don't think you're giving TCS enough credit at being un-funny. I mean, it was actually cancelled.
Eismann
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Eismann »

Tremendous.

I suppose you could also add the animated Napoleon Dynamite to the algorithm. The family structure was different, but all the writing was identical.
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

At least it's all from the same guy... Most/all sitcoms have the same general characters as well.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

count2infinity wrote:At least it's all from the same guy... Most/all sitcoms have the same general characters as well.
The idiot
The pretty one
The smart one
The sarcastic one
The jock
The misogynist

What else?
Eismann
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Eismann »

PensFanInDC wrote:
count2infinity wrote:At least it's all from the same guy... Most/all sitcoms have the same general characters as well.
The idiot
The pretty one
The smart one
The sarcastic one
The jock
The misogynist

What else?
Lovable unassailable smug ghey guy?
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

PensFanInDC wrote:Yes and all are equally not funny.
So brave
FreeCandy44
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by FreeCandy44 »

American Dad > Family Guy > Cleveland Show
FreeCandy44
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by FreeCandy44 »

Wil Wheaton Project on Syfy...

Its is basically The Soup and Web Soup in a fun little 24 minutes.
shoeshine boy
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by shoeshine boy »

so we discovered Orphan Black over the weekend and binge watched something like 7 episodes yesterday. if they can keep the various characters interesting I'll be hooked. very impressed with the young lead being able to handle such a demanding role(s).
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Letang Is The Truth »

was watching TRIPLE G!!?!!!!111!! last night (guy's grocery games). guy freiri is insufferable
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

MWB wrote:
PensFanInDC wrote:The Wire S02e06

Spoiler:
One of the shift commanders had a really strong accent. Grey hair and mustache.
I'm not familiar with the Baltimore accent, but that guy sounded like a pittsburgh accent to me.