Kings/Rangers

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.
PghSkins
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: Kings/Rangers

Post by PghSkins »

GO KINGS GO
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

@ExtraSkater: Kopitar was not on the ice for a single Rangers shot at 5v5. 9 Kings shots though.

What a beast
darkstar57
AHL'er
AHL'er
Location: A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish

Post by darkstar57 »

Kaizer wrote:
Lt. Dish wrote:
shafnutz05 wrote:http://www.thewire.com/entertainment/20 ... la/372046/
In fact, prices are so high for games in New York that people have joked that it's probably cheaper for Ranger fans to fly to Los Angeles, check into a hotel, and buy tickets to a game at the Staples Center than it is to watch Games 3 or 4 at Madison Square Garden. Except, wait: that's not a joke. Bloomberg did some math, and the results are not encouraging:

The average price paid for a resale ticket to Game 3 in New York is $1,626, more than twice the $679 average for a ticket to Game 1 at the Staples Center. Round-trip flights to Los Angeles from Newark, New Jersey, on Travelocity.com, leaving the morning of Game 1 and returning the next day, begin at $490. The website offers a night at the airport Crowne Plaza for $69, meaning the total price for a ticket, flight and hotel would be $1,238. That’s $388 cheaper than the average price paid for an MSG ticket, which could be used for cab fares and food.

"New Yorkers are so starved for sports glory right now." Is this for real?

I loathe NY sports and can stomach them only when put head-to-head against Philadelphia's and with an entire bottle of Tums.

Go, Kings, go.
Maybe the yankees dont count because they know their recent titles are a sham, but they still have the giants 2 superbowls this decade. Those 2 arent a rival for my teams and i still hate them the most.
It's New York and it's championship, ticket prices are always going to be high, if the Knicks where in the finals the average ticket price would be double or triple that.

I would say NY rangers fans are starved for a title yes, but in general most New Yorkers don't care. This is a giant fair weather town where people don't show there support until there team is winning.

Case in point, I work near Bryant park where according to my ranger fan friend say 10,000 true hockey fans where watching the game. You know how many"true hockey fans" still has tags on their ranger jerseys? A lot
Penspal
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Penspal »

slappybrown wrote:@ExtraSkater: Kopitar was not on the ice for a single Rangers shot at 5v5. 9 Kings shots though.

What a beast
The modern day Ron Francis.
PghSkins
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by PghSkins »

Penspal wrote:
slappybrown wrote:@ExtraSkater: Kopitar was not on the ice for a single Rangers shot at 5v5. 9 Kings shots though.

What a beast
This is the next jersey I am going to get. Love this guy's game.
Kovy27
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Kovy27 »

PghSkins wrote:
Penspal wrote:

What a beast
Doughty is my next one. He is the best D-man in the game. Absolutely love his game.
She'sTheFastest
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by She'sTheFastest »

Kovy27 wrote:
PghSkins wrote:
Penspal wrote:

What a beast
Doughty is my next one. He is the best D-man in the game. Absolutely love his game.
Me too. He's a lot of fun to watch.
tifosi77
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by tifosi77 »

The Rangers lead the series 2-0. Yet, through 120 minutes of regulation time, they have not held the lead for a single second.
sniper
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by sniper »

tifosi77 wrote:The Rangers Kings lead the series 2-0. Yet, through 120 minutes of regulation time, they have not held the lead for a single second.
Fixed :D
Zarovich
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Zarovich »

tifosi77 wrote:The RangersKings lead the series 2-0. Yet, through 120 minutes of regulation time, they have not held the lead for a single second.
That is incredible. I thought the same thing as the game went into OT last night if the Kings would win and they did.
PghSkins
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by PghSkins »

Fact: the New York Rangers have won the Stanley Cup four times. In 88 years.

For 25 of those years there were only 6 teams in the league.
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by mikey287 »

More impressive: The Rangers have won 1 Stanley Cup in the last 73 years. Only three teams won in the O6 era (sans Chicago in 1961), pretty easily the hardest era win the Stanley Cup in...the Rangers were quite unsuccessful...
IMFC
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by IMFC »

So the 'King' has yet to give up less than 3 goals. Yeah, he's a fricken magician.

Carter & Richards get a 2nd cup. The NHL is so weak.
MalkinIsMyHomeboy
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by MalkinIsMyHomeboy »

Its ridiculous how largely terrible original 6 teams have been in my lifetime (23 years) other than Detroit (and Chicago/Boston in the last few years).
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by SolidSnake »

IMFC wrote:So the 'King' has yet to give up less than 3 goals. Yeah, he's a fricken magician.

lol?
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by JS© »

After they watched the Rangers beat the Habs last round, the majority of Rangers fans said that the Cup was coming to New York.

Looks right they're partially right.
PghSkins
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by PghSkins »

MalkinIsMyHomeboy wrote:Its ridiculous how largely terrible original 6 teams have been in my lifetime (23 years) other than Detroit (and Chicago/Boston in the last few years).
5 of the 6 have won the cup in your lifetime for a total of 9 of the 21 or 22 championships. That's not really too shabby- 40-some percent in a 30 team League.

Now if you said its ridiculous how terrible the Toronto Maple Leafs have been in your lifetime, absolutely!
Jim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Jim »

It is amazing what a team (Kings) can do on the ice as opposed to a group of individuals (Pens). It is nice when everyone does what they are supposed to as opposed to what they want to.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

SolidSnake wrote:
IMFC wrote:So the 'King' has yet to give up less than 3 goals. Yeah, he's a fricken magician.

lol?
Why is calling Lundqvist out as over rated funny? Any good goalie would always look great behind the machine that is always Team Sweden in international play.

Unless he has a 1.0 GAA for 4 straight games to win the Cup on his own my opinion stands.
Kovy27
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Kovy27 »

Why is the NHL so weak? The Kings are playing amazing.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

Also Carter and Richards are so good. The Kings are too good. The East was the thing that was weak this year.
Kovy27
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Kovy27 »

Malkamaniac wrote:Also Carter and Richards are so good. The Kings are too good. The East was the thing that was weak this year.
I agree. I enjoyed watching most of the Western Conference Series. The East...sort of a snooze fest.
Lt. Dish
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Lt. Dish »

Kovy27 wrote:
Malkamaniac wrote:Also Carter and Richards are so good. The Kings are too good. The East was the thing that was weak this year.
I agree. I enjoyed watching most of the Western Conference Series. The East...sort of a snooze fest.
Pretty much, although I thought BOS-MTL was awesome.
Kovy27
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Kovy27 »

Lt. Dish wrote:
Kovy27 wrote:
Pretty much, although I thought BOS-MTL was awesome.
Yeah that series was fun.

BOS-DET, PIT-CBJ, NYR-PHI, MTL-TB, PIT-NYR, NYR-MTL were snoozefests.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

at this stage in his career, richards cannot be described as "good". carter still has the stuff, though.