Bylsma to FLA. not comfirmed

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.
no name
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Bylsma to FLA. not comfirmed

Post by no name »

Got a inside source in FLA and heard he is the next coach. This isn't anything that is unexpected as it has been rumored in the media for quite a while. I trust this source, but incase it doesn't happen I will ask Dejan or Rossi the right way to side step my words if it doesn't happen.
Chirpin' Grinder
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Re: Bylsma to FLA. not comfirmed

Post by Chirpin' Grinder »

no name wrote:Got a inside source in FLA and heard he is the next coach. This isn't anything that is unexpected as it has been rumored in the media for quite a while. I trust this source, but incase it doesn't happen I will ask Dejan or Rossi the right way to side step my words if it doesn't happen.
:face:

Please, if there is a hockey god, do not let this be true!!! :evil:
Tico Rick
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Tico Rick »

I think Bylsma to VAN would be a much better option for Disco.
Beveridge
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Beveridge »

Glad he can't haunt us on the Caps.

I think Oilers should hire him.
IanMoran
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by IanMoran »

I feel like he'd over achieve for Florida
Lt. Dish
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Lt. Dish »

Tico Rick wrote:I think Bylsma to VAN would be a much better option for Disco.
I agree. I'd actually like to see what he could do there--a rebuilding team with a couple of big stars.
CERV96
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by CERV96 »

Beveridge wrote:Glad he can't haunt us on the Caps.

I think Oilers should hire him.
I fully expect Dan will haunt us in the regular season. Unless he changes his ways(which I doubt) I don't fear that man in the playoffs one bit. Especially if we are down 3 games to 1
blurryhaze312
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by blurryhaze312 »

Chirpin' Grinder wrote:
no name wrote:Got a inside source in FLA and heard he is the next coach. This isn't anything that is unexpected as it has been rumored in the media for quite a while. I trust this source, but incase it doesn't happen I will ask Dejan or Rossi the right way to side step my words if it doesn't happen.
:face:

Please, if there is a hockey god, do not let this be true!!! :evil:
Why? What does it matter?
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Froggy »

As pens fans, we should want him hired asap, not only because wishing ill on former personnel is really lame, but mostly because we're on the hook for his contract until he gets signed.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

As a pens fan outside Pittsburgh who can't buy tickets to games I don't give a **** what the ownership is still paying him.

As far as Bylsma in Florida it makes sense. He does better with garbage. They might sniff a wild card spot next year but they won't do crap in the playoffs.
Crankshaft
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Crankshaft »

Froggy wrote:As pens fans, we should want him hired asap, not only because wishing ill on former personnel is really lame, but mostly because we're on the hook for his contract until he gets signed.
I know this might not go over well but I really don't care if a billionaire owner has to eat a few million per a coach. That is a risk that a business man/owner takes when they buy a team. That money won't effect hockey operations at all.

It's amazing that fans in Pittsburgh tend to take ownership and care about how money is spent. I can get getting into the cap and how rosters are put together but to care about this? I don't get it. Pirates fans are worse with this - caring about the owners money more than they ever should.
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Froggy »

I don't want them recouping that paltry few million dollars by raising ticket prices, or spending a few million less on the roster than they would. It's still a business, and well run businesses tend to avoid losing money they don't have to.
Crankshaft
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Crankshaft »

The Penguins will raise ticket prices, but it won't be for the Bylsma contract.

Don't cry for Burkle's dollars. He's got plenty of it.
MarioLives
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by MarioLives »

Crankshaft wrote:
Froggy wrote:As pens fans, we should want him hired asap, not only because wishing ill on former personnel is really lame, but mostly because we're on the hook for his contract until he gets signed.
I know this might not go over well but I really don't care if a billionaire owner has to eat a few million per a coach. That is a risk that a business man/owner takes when they buy a team. That money won't effect hockey operations at all.

It's amazing that fans in Pittsburgh tend to take ownership and care about how money is spent. I can get getting into the cap and how rosters are put together but to care about this? I don't get it. Pirates fans are worse with this - caring about the owners money more than they ever should.

Agree
Nizzy
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Nizzy »

"LET BYLSMA COACH SOME DUMB TEAM LIKE FLORDIA"

-Nizzy 2012.
brwi
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by brwi »

Crankshaft wrote:

I get your point, but after going through multiple bankruptcies of the franchise and even a padlocking of the Igloo once and Mario attempting to sell the franchise and calling it "portable," yeah, I get a little concerned on the financial aspects of the franchise. Not that I think they are bleeding cash right now, but I can see why fans get concerned, especially with this franchise.
Doogs
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Doogs »

I can say for sure that Fla is a very real possibility for Disco and crew.
ulf
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by ulf »

16 posts and no one made fun of the guy for "inside sources?" you're slacking lgp
Dickie Dunn
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Dickie Dunn »

This thread seems different than what I remember.
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by bhaw »

Semi related, but does anyone remember how much money Pens had to eat on MT's extension? Shero sure did cost Burkle some coin on unemployed coaches. Just interesting given in one of the interviews, Burkle did comment on Shero seemingly spending for the sake of spending.
He didn't get all of it by making a habit of wasting money. Wonder how much that played into Shero's departure.
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

bhaw wrote:Semi related, but does anyone remember how much money Pens had to eat on MT's extension? Shero sure did cost Burkle some coin on unemployed coaches. Just interesting given in one of the interviews, Burkle did comment on Shero seemingly spending for the sake of spending.
He didn't get all of it by making a habit of wasting money. Wonder how much that played into Shero's departure.
Sure. He might have his job today, had he not handed out that extension. What a flippin' disaster of an idea that was. :face:
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

Burkle saying that shero spent to the cap just for the sake of it was probably the dumbest thing in that interview. If he seriously thought about that idea before he said it, I'm pretty sure this team is screwed.
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by penny lane »

FLA seems like a perfect destination for him.
Ron`
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Ron` »

If I am him, I would draw the salary and enjoy the year off. His value will not change much with a year off. He needs to consider the market for next year and what transpired in Pittsburgh.
Pitt87
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
Location: Admin wrote:Rooting for the Flyers is not allowed here. Seriously.

Post by Pitt87 »

Tico Rick wrote:I think Bylsma to VAN would be a much better option for Disco.
New ownership in FLA says they are all in on building a winner. Disco is the type of guy that might buy into that. Vancouver may dismantle and start over also, so it might come down to sunshine....