Kings/Rangers

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: Kings/Rangers

Post by Sam's Drunk Dog »

Wings in 3
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by skullman80 »

Kings in 5
Humperdink
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Humperdink »

Rags in 7. Lundqvist will outplay Quick by a wide enough margin to be the difference.
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by mikey287 »

Kings in 5. Doughty wins the Conn Smythe.
Steve
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Steve »

newarenanow wrote:I'm voting Kings in 6.

The individual games will be close, but the series won't be. Kings in 4.
BigMcK
AHL'er
AHL'er
Location: Drawing 1 line in the sand, followed by another, and another, and another. TIC TAC TOE

Post by BigMcK »

Tico Rick wrote:I wonder if Scuds wishes he'd signed for less with L.A.

I certainly do.
PghSkins
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by PghSkins »

Barons in 12
Kovy27
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Kovy27 »

Capitals in 9.
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

Sam's Drunk Dog wrote:Wings in 3
PghSkins wrote:Barons in 12
Kovy27 wrote:Capitals in 9.
#I40response
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

http://www.thewire.com/entertainment/20 ... la/372046/
In fact, prices are so high for games in New York that people have joked that it's probably cheaper for Ranger fans to fly to Los Angeles, check into a hotel, and buy tickets to a game at the Staples Center than it is to watch Games 3 or 4 at Madison Square Garden. Except, wait: that's not a joke. Bloomberg did some math, and the results are not encouraging:

The average price paid for a resale ticket to Game 3 in New York is $1,626, more than twice the $679 average for a ticket to Game 1 at the Staples Center. Round-trip flights to Los Angeles from Newark, New Jersey, on Travelocity.com, leaving the morning of Game 1 and returning the next day, begin at $490. The website offers a night at the airport Crowne Plaza for $69, meaning the total price for a ticket, flight and hotel would be $1,238. That’s $388 cheaper than the average price paid for an MSG ticket, which could be used for cab fares and food.
Digitalgypsy66
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Digitalgypsy66 »

BigMcK wrote:

I certainly do.
Lt. Dish
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Lt. Dish »

shafnutz05 wrote:http://www.thewire.com/entertainment/20 ... la/372046/
In fact, prices are so high for games in New York that people have joked that it's probably cheaper for Ranger fans to fly to Los Angeles, check into a hotel, and buy tickets to a game at the Staples Center than it is to watch Games 3 or 4 at Madison Square Garden. Except, wait: that's not a joke. Bloomberg did some math, and the results are not encouraging:

The average price paid for a resale ticket to Game 3 in New York is $1,626, more than twice the $679 average for a ticket to Game 1 at the Staples Center. Round-trip flights to Los Angeles from Newark, New Jersey, on Travelocity.com, leaving the morning of Game 1 and returning the next day, begin at $490. The website offers a night at the airport Crowne Plaza for $69, meaning the total price for a ticket, flight and hotel would be $1,238. That’s $388 cheaper than the average price paid for an MSG ticket, which could be used for cab fares and food.

"New Yorkers are so starved for sports glory right now." Is this for real?

I loathe NY sports and can stomach them only when put head-to-head against Philadelphia's and with an entire bottle of Tums.

Go, Kings, go.
meecrofilm
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by meecrofilm »

Kings in 6 for me.
Kovy27
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Kovy27 »

2 Cups in 3 years. A lot was being made about the Hawks and 3 in 5(if they won)...The Kings ratio is ahead of the Hawks, and I don't mind the Kings winning at all. Infact, it is fantastic.
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Letang Is The Truth »

NYR in 7.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

LAK in 6. Viva la Richards.
joopen
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by joopen »

Viva la resistance.
Lt. Dish
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Lt. Dish »

Vive la différence.
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by penny lane »

Digitalgypsy66 wrote:
BigMcK wrote:

I certainly do.
:lol:

Neutral on the series.
The kings will show the penguins that being physical against the rangers may have helped in game 5,6 and/or game 7.
shoeshine boy
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by shoeshine boy »

wow. $1,626. that'll cost someone a quarter of their month's rent on their tiny studio apartment that they're splitting with 3 other roommates. *utilities extra
dodint
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dodint »

Howard Stern, who mentioned the Rangers for the first time this year this morning, took the time to make fun of all the "Johnny come lately" Rangers jerseys he's suddenly seeing around the city. It's like watching a snake eat itself.
Kaizer
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Kaizer »

Lt. Dish wrote:

"New Yorkers are so starved for sports glory right now." Is this for real?

I loathe NY sports and can stomach them only when put head-to-head against Philadelphia's and with an entire bottle of Tums.

Go, Kings, go.
Maybe the yankees dont count because they know their recent titles are a sham, but they still have the giants 2 superbowls this decade. Those 2 arent a rival for my teams and i still hate them the most.
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by SolidSnake »

Hossa to Det
no name
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by no name »

This is some of the worst playoff hockey i ever seen. Total clutch and grab, the NHL should be ashamed of themselves for letting it get to like this. I don't even want to watch it.
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by mikey287 »

Yeah...? The only thing I haven't liked is the sloppiness with some of the turnovers early on...other than that, pretty good game, both teams still feeling each other out, learning tendencies on the fly...