Re: *** Wars of Beleriand Game Thread ***

Post by obhave »

*Non-red kill
Crankshaft
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Crankshaft »

obhave wrote:Crank, half the people in this game appear to not trust him. If it was a none red kill, it makes a lot of sense.
I don't trust anyone in a wars game. There have been some games where I didn't trust the people on my own team because I thought they could have been recruited. This isn't about trust/non trust.

I just don't think MRandall's position in this game is that crucial. And no offense Randall, but I don't think you're good enough to be a red and come up with all this back story to try and throw the rest of the village off, :lol:. Sorry.

The village can always go back to him later. At this point, we're on a good streak with canaan & mac already gone. Once we learn more, we can always go back to the MRandall vote.
ulf
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by ulf »

Willie Kool wrote:We got two reds in two day votes. MWB refused to vote both days. IMO, those voting for MRandall are either ignoring that fact or trying to derail the MWB vote.
I understand the MWB vote, it's not a bad play. I like the MRandall25 vote because we know what he is. The vote is basically if we think orange is bad, or beneficial to the village. Shad was orange, and lied about his role. I think MRandall25 is stalling until he gets his simarils or gems or whatever.
obhave
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by obhave »

I really dont think mwb is the best play. Mrandall will continue to pretend to help the village while reaching his second goal and defeating the village.
Crankshaft
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Crankshaft »

ulf wrote:
Willie Kool wrote:We got two reds in two day votes. MWB refused to vote both days. IMO, those voting for MRandall are either ignoring that fact or trying to derail the MWB vote.
I understand the MWB vote, it's not a bad play. I like the MRandall25 vote because we know what he is. The vote is basically if we think orange is bad, or beneficial to the village. Shad was orange, and lied about his role. I think MRandall25 is stalling until he gets his simarils or gems or whatever.
That's exactly why I hate this vote. We know what he is, so why bother? Why not crack a few more eggs - look at who did/didnt vote for the red players, and learn something new.

This is such an internal conflict for me because I love myself a good Mrandall vote.
ulf
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by ulf »

Basically, I think if he hangs around long enough, we lose.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

ulf wrote:
Shad was orange, and lied about his role. I think MRandall25 is stalling until he gets his simarils or gems or whatever.
This.
obhave
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by obhave »

Crankshaft wrote:
ulf wrote:
That's exactly why I hate this vote. We know what he is, so why bother? Why not crack a few more eggs - look at who did/didnt vote for the red players, and learn something new.

This is such an internal conflict for me because I love myself a good Mrandall vote.
Because if you believe him to have bad intentions, why would you not vote him off?
ulf
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by ulf »

But like I said, MWB isn't a bad play. He abstained on both red votes. I don't think we're going to make a bad choice, whichever way this goes.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

Crankshaft wrote:
ulf wrote:

Thinking we know what mrandall is is a very risky proposition.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

ulf wrote:But like I said, MWB isn't a bad play. He abstained on both red votes. I don't think we're going to make a bad choice, whichever way this goes.
I didn't abstain, it was a timing thing. But I know that can't really be believed.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

Leaving someone around who could very well cost us the game in the end is a bad idea. You can say that it doesn't matter, but it does.

Simply put, if Randall and co collect the silmarils, we will probably lose. We don't know another red atm, so I'm putting my vote on someone I am pretty sure is a problem.

The MWB vote makes about as much sense to me as the bigMck vote in the last day phase. Do not like it at all.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

I think going with who did or didn't vote for red players is the easy way out. So far we have some saying vote for people who voted at the end of the Canaan vote, because they must have piled on to fit in. Then some think if someone didn't vote for a red they must be bad for not voting. So which is it?
dodint
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dodint »

MWB wrote:I think going with who did or didn't vote for red players is the easy way out. So far we have some saying vote for people who voted at the end of the Canaan vote, because they must have piled on to fit in.
mac5155 (red)'s argument for BigMcK. 8-)
ulf
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by ulf »

I disagree, you can learn a lot from voting patterns. That said, I think our reasoning for MRandall25 is definitely better.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

ulf wrote:I disagree, you can learn a lot from voting patterns. That said, I think our reasoning for MRandall25 is definitely better.
I agree, you can learn from voting patterns. But one or two votes does not make a pattern.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

I think we learn more by offing mrandall. This goes back to his overly helpful to the village ploy most evident in the prior day phase.

yellow mrandall.
ulf
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by ulf »

MWB wrote:
ulf wrote:I disagree, you can learn a lot from voting patterns. That said, I think our reasoning for MRandall25 is definitely better.
I agree, you can learn from voting patterns. But one or two votes does not make a pattern.
Which is why I didn't vote for you :)
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MRandall25 »

I think rel is definitely red.

Quiet all game, and suddenly he wants to help the village get rid of me?

Something doesn't sit right there.

yellow rel
BigMcK
AHL'er
AHL'er
Location: Drawing 1 line in the sand, followed by another, and another, and another. TIC TAC TOE

Post by BigMcK »

The none vote from MWB is interesting.

lynch MWB
Crankshaft
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Crankshaft »

I just don't like the Randall vote at this point. And it hurts me to say it.

I know he might not be 100% aligned with the village but the fact that whatever faction went after him last night gives me enough of a pause to wait another day phase or two before eliminating him.
dodint
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dodint »

Day 5 Vote - 9 to kill

7 MRandall25 - dodint, obhave, MWB, twc, Troy Loney, ulf, relantel
6 MWB - Willie Kool, PFiDC, SDD, Kaizer, Crankshaft, BigMcK
1 relantel - MRandall25
Kaizer
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Kaizer »

How many does it take?
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MRandall25 »

I also realize that my rel vote is virtually meaningless, but I really hope someone takes a look at him in the future.
Crankshaft
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Crankshaft »

MRandall25 wrote:I also realize that my rel vote is virtually meaningless, but I really hope someone takes a look at him in the future.
Or you could vote for MWB and make it a tie vote as of right now...